**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sym Spidey Web-Slinger Evade

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
I've been having a hard time getting the timing right to Evade his L1. The first hit you can Block, and the first Web you can Evade, but it seems the Evade is too slow for the second Web. Is this the Double Dash Issue people have been experiencing? I'm not I'm a hurry, so I want to take my time getting the style right. Voodoo comes in handy. Lol. I'm just curious if it's a lag issue I'm experiencing, or if my timing needs honed. Any feedback would be appreciated. How did you all do? Did you experience the same? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I've just been keeping him below his L1 with Hawkeye.

But, if he gets full L1, and uses it, just hit evade back as many times and as quickly as possible. Most times you'll end up out of range of the melee attack portion of his L1, which is the unblockable part.

Good luck!
  • Options
    K1lltastic wrote: »

But, if he gets full L1, and uses it, just hit evade back as many times and as quickly as possible. Most times you'll end up out of range of the melee attack portion of his L1, which is the unblockable part.

Good luck!

Thanks. Once I get an L2 off from Doc, I'm good. It just seems the Evade is slower than the L1. Keeping a distance helps for sure.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Good luck!

Yeah distance and just swiping back 2 or 3 times should let you avoid it every time. I used cable for symbiote and Gwen, his concussion on sp2 means they don't always get the evade buff. If they do, just parry and knock them back with heavy attacks until it ends. Seemed to work pretty well.
  • Options

Good luck!

Yeah distance and just swiping back 2 or 3 times should let you avoid it every time. I used cable for symbiote and Gwen, his concussion on sp2 means they don't always get the evade buff. If they do, just parry and knock them back with heavy attacks until it ends. Seemed to work pretty well.

Thanks. I might test Cable out too.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    To evade spidey L1 distance yourself from spidey. When first webshot is about halfway to you swipe back and you should evade both. Then swipe back for the dash in.
  • Options
    Timone147 wrote: »
    To evade spidey L1 distance yourself from spidey. When first webshot is about halfway to you swipe back and you should evade both. Then swipe back for the dash in.

Okay. Thanks. Usually I don't have too many issues. I think the speed of the AI is faster. Could just be my technique. I don't face many higher Syms in the Arena.
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Dont hit a five hit combo.
    Hit 4hit and dash back to keep distance all the time.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's not hard to evade for me
  • Options
    I see spideys a lot in war so I've had pracrice
  • Options
    Arus25 wrote: »
    Dont hit a five hit combo.
    Hit 4hit and dash back to keep distance all the time.

Thanks. Yes, I've posted about the reaction time of our controls against harder AI (Master, Challenges), and I swore it was because my Evade was slower. I'll try less Hits in my Combo. Funny, I have no issues with Miles, Gwen, OG, or Stark. This one seems more aggressive. Could be just my perception. Thanks again.
  • Options
    I suggest dodging the first web and blocking
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The quest is bugged. You can block both webshots but must evade his punches. I used that method the entire quest.
  • Options
    The quest is bugged. You can block both webshots but must evade his punches. I used that method the entire quest.

Thought something was up. Seems like keeping distance is the best option. Thanks.
  • Options
    Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    It used to be the evasion style for spidey classic and sym spidey was the same. But for this quest I'm able to evade spidey classic sp1 using the old style of dashing back just as his arm stretches out to shoot the first web. But for sym spidey it's different this time. First time I tried that evade style against sym spidey I absorbed the full sp1. What I found out is that you can block all webshots and dash back to avoid the punches. Don't be afraid to take the block damage. It's very easy to gain the life back
  • Options
    Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    OK...so I'm on portal D in chapter 4. when I block both web shots I'm unable to dash back to avoid the punches.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I have heard (too late for me to try), is that if you are up in SymbySpider's grill, and he goes for L1, you can block both webs, and have time to evade his punches, due to you blocking the webs while he is still in the shooting animation, whereas from afar, if you block, there's not enough time between when second web hits and his dash to get out of block and evade. If you are far away from him, you can evade first web, block second (or evade both), and he won't dash ahead enough to hit you with punches. If you are in the middle ground, evade like mad and hope for the best. YMMV.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Just use Mordo he can block everything, plus has class advantage