**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Your system on reporting cheaters/hackers/modders

I watched Seatin's video on cheating. Within the video he shows how to report cheating from within the game. When I saw how to do it I was pretty shocked at how it is done.

All you have is a simple message to support. That clearly is not enough. I have high doubt that support employees are reading every message that comes in.

Why isn't the reporting cheating system made where you can just report the IGN of the cheater? That way you can simply filter by most amount of reports on a specific user, run a check on their account (that is up to you how to determine who is a cheater and who isn't) and then take action/inaction appropriately. Then rinse and repeat this process. This is clearly easier than reading a message on and finding the IGN within that message.

It seems outdated. It should be updated this way, or better if someone can think of better.

Comments

• Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    They don't check anyway, it's a lost cause. I made a thread about the very same issue you're talking about, being polite and without giving any names, and it got removed.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Another note,

I just realized that reporting through the in game feature (which takes you out of the game to kabam website) doesn't even ask for the game! How does someone from support team even handle this!?

I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure Kabam support and the MCOC employees specifically are independent of each other. Please advocate and please reach out to the support team. @Kabam Miike
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    In other words, you want a system where people can flag potential cheaters in the game in a similar fashion that people in the forum can flag abusive posts.
    In other words, you want a system where people can flag potential cheaters in the game in a similar fashion that people in the forum can flag abusive posts.

Well in this forum I am not entirely sure how the flag works on the end of support staff/moderators. So i can not certainly say.
    When a post gets a certain quantity of flags (I believe it is five), the post is automatically hidden by default, except for the first post in the thread. The reader would have to click to un-hide the post and click again to hide it. For the 1st post in the thread, the reader has to click the gray bar (i.e. an open spot after the post number) to hide the post. The first post isn't hidden by default.

I can see that someone had already flagged your two posts in this thread. I don't know if your own post can be hidden from you, though.

In addition to hiding posts, the user's profile gets a cumulative total of "abuse" and "spam" posts that we all can see. Even posts from locked threads can still be flagged to increase these totals. Flags given to you by banned readers as well flagged posts from deleted threads are still counted.

This is identical to your statement:
    That way you can simply filter by most amount of reports on a specific user....

Currently, in the forum, people with gigantic quantities of abuse/spam posts are not banned. People are banned based on post content instead, not by statistics.

Currently, in the forum, people with gigantic quantities of abuse/spam posts are not banned. People are banned based on post content instead, not by statistics.

No idea who is flagging me, I don't see how this is spam.

Anyway, if people are banned based on content, then that would mean someone has to actually look at what they are posting. If this is the case, something similar must happen for people who cheat in the game. Once someone is flagged for cheating, someone from support should see that this user has been reported multiple times for cheating, they should look into it and act accordingly.

I can't say the number of times someone needs to be reported to take the time to look at an account.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    They conduct investigations for suspicious behavior. It's a process that takes time. A screenshot and a Report is not sufficient, because a photo can be doctored, and a Report can be made by anyone. Therefore, there is a process of investigating that takes place and they act on their own findings. Otherwise, anyone who watched a YouTube video could have any person banned.
    Further to that, people need to consider what effect their thoughts have on others when the end result is a mass number of people coming to the Forum, posting about Hacking.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    They conduct investigations for suspicious behavior. It's a process that takes time. A screenshot and a Report is not sufficient, because a photo can be doctored, and a Report can be made by anyone. Therefore, there is a process of investigating that takes place and they act on their own findings. Otherwise, anyone who watched a YouTube video could have any person banned.
    Further to that, people need to consider what effect their thoughts have on others when the end result is a mass number of people coming to the Forum, posting about Hacking.

I see your point, but that's necessarily not always our case: an old fart in our alliance used cheats and claimed so, he got booted and we reported him (it was pretty obvious as back in the time he did complete LoL with 3 4/40 in 6 hours from 0 to 100%). I know screenshots might be modified, but if kabam can look into the log of in-game Chats and his fight logs, he would've surely seen that he claimed to have used cheats and proposed to sell his services, plus his sue of hacks into some contents.

Investigation takes time? after 30ish reports to him (only our alliance, probably more in future), it's 4 months he's still playing and asking people for money to get their LoL done. Honestly, I don't believe anymore kabam actually looks into this kind of things, as there are no results. (I know they don't say when they do, but as many players like myself takes track of the reported players, no one stopped playing so far)
    ctp1223 wrote: »

No idea who is flagging me, I don't see how this is spam.

[....]

Then that should give you some idea how legitimate these claims can be -- meaning the bulk are false. Over the weekend, I also gained a "spam" flag. Someone spent the effort to go to a thread that has not seen any activity in almost 2 weeks just to give me a spam flag.

In this forum, we have people who use display issues (like the game displaying 2.1 billion attack, etc.) as an excuse to accuse someone of cheating. We have alliance officers on a power trip who are not satisfied by just kicking out a player but are willing to take it to the next level by accusing former players of cheating. If you heal yourself in between fights in AW, then you are cheater because you win without "losing" any health.

If you have 1 hero KO'ed, 1 hero at almost 0% health, and another hero at around 40%, then you are still on the short list of being accused of cheating if you beat the last boss hero on AW. The defenders of accusers would simply say that you were using a mod to simulate getting hit. Other defenders would say you would force quit on purpose to lose 50% health.

Then there are those who are deciding whether or not to accuse someone of cheating simply because they have two 5-stars who are awakened -- evidently they are on the fence on that one.

The list goes on and on. And these are the ones willing to spend the effort to provide screen shots and descriptions.

The bogus claims would only rise if the only effort they have to spend is to click a button.

• Devesh455Devesh455 Posts: 2
    How did he get ultron prime atvjst 1.26k rating without having legend title and at jst 51 level.
    I think he will be hacker.
    Can we get out such hackers.
  • Username: Papa jayray, who ruined our alliance without any reason. He kicked evenyone then left the alliance. This kind of player should be band from the game. Screen short is attached with this post. Please review it. We want justice.
    He joined alliance then ask for officer post. As a medium good rating player we make him officer on joining day. then He joined his first Allience Quest & a Allliance War. After finishing war, he joined a war with lowest rated one star players then he removed all members & left the alliance. What was that!
    Request to band from the game. Please review it. We want justice.

pvgufb10985c.jpg
    ojypo70z6rlm.jpg
    gq81t4px2f5x.jpg
    20xjjdem4747.jpg
    it0qetdevbn0.jpg
    zuijizebja57.jpg
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    @Imran007SE you should never allow anyone who just joined an alliance to be an officer unless it is someone that you personally know or that can be vouched for by someone else in the game. There are too many dirty players out there that do this sort of thing. It is really not a punishable offense either.