**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New War Structure Template

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
edited July 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I had an idea while back that I shared on the Old Forum. Not sure if it was seen or not, but I've been brainstorming off it, so I thought I would share it again here. Feel free to take any part, or all of it, if you choose. I'm simply playing with ideas.

The basic premise is Seasons. I had the idea because I love Diablo III. In that, they start anew each Season and rebuild. The spoils carry over to the Main Account.
The basic idea is Seasons for War. I've rethought it to include a sort of hybrid of AQ. Every Season, War Rating is zeroed. Then a Placement Phase begins that places Allies in Difficulty Tiers much like AQ (Beginner, Normal, etc). The Placement Phase Matches are based on Ally Rating, and how you do during that period determines what Difficulty Tier you're in. Then the Season begins and you start building War Rating. The current Tiers for Rewards would exist, and the Rewards would be scaled to the Difficulty Tier you are in. Drop below the final Tier, and you're demoted a Difficulty Tier. Reach Tier 1, and you're promoted. Thr Reward Tiers would be increased or decreased based on Wins. Of course, the War Wins would have Crystals specific to the Difficulty Tier, and there could be room to introduce Glory into the War Structure. There is also room to bring back War Events, and the Top Ally of each Season could earn a Title. Been thinking "Warmonger", or "Warlord".
Of course these ideas are bare bones, but the basic idea could refresh the current structure and allow Allies to grow where they're at. Each Season would provide Resources for Allies to advance next Season. Feel free to share your thoughts. I feel that there is good potential in the idea. I haven't thought of what to use the War Rating to determine yet, other than the Leaderboard. Perhaps the War Rating could have Tiered Crystals for Wins. I.E. 600-800 Tier 5 Win Crystal with X Rewards. 800-1000 Tier 4 with Y Rewards.
Just some brainstorming. Hope it sparks thought. Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Feel free to expand if you like.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Too much going on, battles should just be assigned by ranking based off war rating.

1 vs 2 winner ranks 1 loser drops to 3
    3 vs 4 winner ranks 2 loser drops to 5
    5 vs 6 winner ranks 3 loser drops to 7

And on and on. This way top teams have to play each other and compete to win. No more "wait for match phase"

Or all war matches start at same time as arena, you dont have option to search or start it automatically starts and searches eliminating the top alliances from manipulating matches.
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Too much going on, battles should just be assigned by ranking based off war rating.

1 vs 2 winner ranks 1 loser drops to 3
    3 vs 4 winner ranks 2 loser drops to 5
    5 vs 6 winner ranks 3 loser drops to 7

And on and on. This way top teams have to play each other and compete to win. No more "wait for match phase"

Or all war matches start at same time as arena, you dont have option to search or start it automatically starts and searches eliminating the top alliances from manipulating matches.

Right. One of the issues it would also resolve is the monopoly on Tiers. Not that it was my original focus. I've had the idea for some time. If they introduced Brackets and based the Reward Tiers on Wins rather than War Rating/Tiers, that would alleviate the system and allow more growth where Allies are at.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    I had an idea while back that I shared on the Old Forum. Not sure if it was seen or not, but I've been brainstorming off it, so I thought I would share it again here. Feel free to take any part, or all of it, if you choose. I'm simply playing with ideas.

The basic premise is Seasons. I had the idea because I love Diablo III. In that, they start anew each Season and rebuild. The spoils carry over to the Main Account.
    The basic idea is Seasons for War. I've rethought it to include a sort of hybrid of AQ. Every Season, War Rating is zeroed. Then a Placement Phase begins that places Allies in Difficulty Tiers much like AQ (Beginner, Normal, etc). The Placement Phase Matches are based on Ally Rating, and how you do during that period determines what Difficulty Tier you're in. Then the Season begins and you start building War Rating. The current Tiers for Rewards would exist, and the Rewards would be scaled to the Difficulty Tier you are in. Drop below the final Tier, and you're demoted a Difficulty Tier. Reach Tier 1, and you're promoted. Thr Reward Tiers would be increased or decreased based on Wins. Of course, the War Wins would have Crystals specific to the Difficulty Tier, and there could be room to introduce Glory into the War Structure. There is also room to bring back War Events, and the Top Ally of each Season could earn a Title. Been thinking "Warmonger", or "Warlord".
    Of course these ideas are bare bones, but the basic idea could refresh the current structure and allow Allies to grow where they're at. Each Season would provide Resources for Allies to advance next Season. Feel free to share your thoughts. I feel that there is good potential in the idea. I haven't thought of what to use the War Rating to determine yet, other than the Leaderboard. Perhaps the War Rating could have Tiered Crystals for Wins. I.E. 600-800 Tier 5 Win Crystal with X Rewards. 800-1000 Tier 4 with Y Rewards.

I remember seeing it and you just officially confirmed that you were indeed websnatcher in the previous forum.

I like the idea though.
    edited July 2017

I remember seeing it and you just officially confirmed that you were indeed websnatcher in the previous forum.

I like the idea though.

My name is GroundedWisdom. Thanks for the feedback. Incase you're wondering, the Flag wasn't me.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★

I like the idea though.

My name is GroundedWisdom. Thanks for the feedback. Incase you're wondering, the Flag wasn't me.

Not to stir up trouble, but you did kinda confirm it. You can be GroundedWisdom now, but that was kind of a bad way to start a post if you wanna act separate from that account.

As for the idea itself, I like it. Some things would have to be added and changed, yes, but the idea sounds decent and would be better than the current, low-reward system.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    As if you couldn't tell it was webs anyway, I said it on the 1st day this forums opened.

I noticed his LOL in posts, confirmed it for me.

Anyway web head, I like the idea too.

War does need a big makeover 100%
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I like it. I think they should reset the rating every now and then maybe 6-9 months to balance thing up. The placement round will grant you full reward of tier 1 hardest to give you resources along with moderate difficulty to ensure fairness and the alliance will face similar alliance rating.
    weavile wrote: »
    I like it. I think they should reset the rating every now and then maybe 6-9 months to balance thing up. The placement round will grant you full reward of tier 1 hardest to give you resources along with moderate difficulty to ensure fairness and the alliance will face similar alliance rating.

Thanks. It's not a bad start to a concept. I've been building on it for some time. I think it's time for a revamp. Of course it's up to them. :smile:
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I like the idea.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    They need a positive change to the war system. The war ratings are flawed when matching alliances. It would also stop the top alliances from dodging each other.
    wray1976 wrote: »
    They need a positive change to the war system. The war ratings are flawed when matching alliances. It would also stop the top alliances from dodging each other.

That's what I was hoping would be resolved by the addition of Seasons and Brackets.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I'd be happy with a rotating set of maps and special rules

Like… alliance 1v1: each member is set against an enemies team of 5 champions with ISO boosts only (200%)
    Time is a factor in winning so champs that timer stall would be amazing

2* rules: only 2* champions are allowed

Primal rules: No masteries

Different shaped maps

Randomly selected pre-approved nodes (similar to the Mini situation in AQ)

Race: 2 alliances share a "challenge" map:
    Similar to 1v1, Each player gets their own map. Extra points for each second left on the clock and remaining health. Items are allowed but incomplete maps will be debducted from your score earned and potentially give you a negative score that REALLY hurts

Seeing these kinds of challenges in AW would actually makes things a lot more interesting… especially if they rotated things out on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a rotating set of maps and special rules

Like… alliance 1v1: each member is set against an enemies team of 5 champions with ISO boosts only (200%)
    Time is a factor in winning so champs that timer stall would be amazing

2* rules: only 2* champions are allowed

Primal rules: No masteries

Different shaped maps

Randomly selected pre-approved nodes (similar to the Mini situation in AQ)

Race: 2 alliances share a "challenge" map:
    Similar to 1v1, Each player gets their own map. Extra points for each second left on the clock and remaining health. Items are allowed but incomplete maps will be debducted from your score earned and potentially give you a negative score that REALLY hurts

Seeing these kinds of challenges in AW would actually makes things a lot more interesting… especially if they rotated things out on a weekly or bi-weekly basis

Interesting ideas.