**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

why does kabam ignore all posts about problems in autofight

serious question. Why does kabam ignore every single forum post about the problems in autofight? ive seen 30+ on it and none get any response from anyone at kabam. my only guess is they know that no one will believe there claim of its a bug or glitch. Because its painfully obvious there is something malicious in the coding and the malicious portion is there directly to screw the player over.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Auto-Fight is not a substitute for gameplay. It's watered down for a reason. It's only optimal up to a certain Difficulty, depending on what you're using. Even the Probability Meter goes down when you select it at a certain Difficulty. I don't use it for anything above Heroic. Even then sometimes it has trouble. Manual is always the best.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    watered down, yes.
    let me put it this way: maybe the problem is that it is too watered down

What I mean by that is, it has limited skill. It's not really meant to encourage people to use it as a substitute for playing altogether.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    serious question. Why does kabam ignore every single forum post about the problems in autofight? ive seen 30+ on it and none get any response from anyone at kabam. my only guess is they know that no one will believe there claim of its a bug or glitch. Because its painfully obvious there is something malicious in the coding and the malicious portion is there directly to screw the player over.

I have to admit, I do not have any issues with autofight. I still see it as a bonus to run daily catalyst quests while at work/or at home watching tv...since it requires almost no attention on my part. I remember before autofight when many opportunities to put my in-game energy to use were wasted as I had no desire to sit there and fight through the mindless battles in those quests. When it comes to Heroic level monthly quests, I only need to jump in and fight on the last 2 levels and many times that is just to takedown the boss.

As far as Kabam not responding....they usually don't when they have no intention of making that requested change....or they respond to the first post about it and feel no need to respond to every single subsequent thread regarding an issue. (not defending Kabam as they are many posts that they do seem to ignore...but as a regular visitor to these forums I can't say I see a giant push for autofight to be changed, unlike other things that come up daily)
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    They haven't. Summoners sanctum this month was about it. They are seeking further feedback and stuff.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    watered down, yes.
    let me put it this way: maybe the problem is that it is too watered down

What I mean by that is, it has limited skill. It's not really meant to encourage people to use it as a substitute for playing altogether.

Yes, it's supposed to be less appealing and useful than actual gameplay, but it's far too bad at fighting. It's just an annoyance at this point. You'll start a fight where you're twice as good as the opponent so you can go to the bathroom or make a sandwich or break up a fight between your kids, and you'll come back with a loss. That's just frustrating, and it wastes our time. No, auto-fight shouldn't be as good as the user themselves, but it shouldn't fight like they're drunk, high, concussed, injured, and just plain stupid all at the same time. Go read @Stryke71121's post in the middle of this thread. I haven't had it that bad, but a two star should never be able to even compete with a five star, even if the five star was not leveled up at all and the two star was maxed. That just shouldn't happen. But it does, hence this thread and our complaints.
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    they ignore them because there isn't a problem with auto fight, it's there to breeze through beginner mode and normal mode or easy catalyst quests that no one ever wants to do. It is not there to beat the game for you.

And for your Mordo dilemma, as an AI he is defensive so in auto fight he will be VERY defensive and he will suck cause the bot isn't a good fighter because it is NOT meant to be a good fighter.
    J0NisCOOL wrote: »
    It is not there to beat the game for you.
    why do people always assume we use autofight on the hard content?

Because they can't tell the difference between the statement "my 5 star was beat by a 2 star" and "my 2 star was beat by a 5 star".
    The skill of Auto-Fight is bare minimum. If it's better kills you want, the best option is by hand.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    I only use autofight when my opponent PI is one-fifth of my champion any higher than that gets me killed lol
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    I think this keeps coming up, because it seems noticeably worse recently, like since the last update. I used to be able to clear the monthly quest on Normal mostly on Auto. Now I have better champs (more 4 star 4/40 than 4 star 3/30) and have to jump in toward the last few champs of on a path pretty often. Could be just be a tougher quest for the month, but there's been a lot of people saying Auto is playing much worse.
    The skill of Auto-Fight is bare minimum. If it's better kills you want, the best option is by hand.

The question is should it be? Should they not know how to beat champs who are half, a third, maybe even a fourth of our rating? That seems a little bit off. I'm not saying they should fight like a Map 6 Dormammu as a 2 star, I'm saying they should fight well enough to beat people that they're more than twice as good as.