**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Screen rotation mid battle (with screen lock on)

I cannot imagine a positive use for allowing the screen to rotate mid battle. I've lost many battles (especially in AQ and AW) because of this issue. I have screen lock on as I hate the auto rotate function. So why does it still occur in the game, mid battle, for no apparent reason? There should be an in game option to keep the screen locked in place. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the latest version of Android (7.0). Will this EVER be addressed? I've heard others in Global chat having this issue, and they agree that this serves no logical purpose in the game. So for the number of champs that I have had K.O.ed by this nonsense has finally pushed me to speak up about it. Screen lock in game Kabam. Seems like it would be easier to keep it locked than allow it to flip mid battle. Please fix this ASAP. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    @Kabam Miike - Any chance of this ever being addressed? Let alone resolved? It drives me bat **** crazy. Just happened again in AQ battle. Thankfully it only cost me half a life bar instead of a K.O.ed champ. Still, not cool.
  • Options
    It happens frequently here too. Months ago, I'd addressed a message to Kabam, but until now nothing was done.
  • Options
    MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    mee too on samsung s7 edge but on tab s2 no problem!
  • Options
    No issues on a tablet eh @Maledrac ? I wonder if the problem is within the phones then. I'll be sure to ask others about this soon. Wow, this is an old post, lol. Thanks for bringing it back to light as It still drives me nuts to this day. I've almost gotten used to it and have adjusted for it when it happens so it doesn't cost me as dearly as it used to. However, that doesn't mean I don't want this to stop. Others in my Alliance have this happen too. It's an absolute pain in the a$$.
  • Options
    MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    No issues on a tablet eh @Maledrac ? .

yes confirmed only on s7 edge and only this app made this! ignore block rotation
  • Options
    It's crazy isn't it? You have screen lock on and still somehow it manages to do that nonsense.
  • Options
    Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    I use a samsung galaxy 8 and have the same problem,its very random and usually happens during hard content fights!!!its very frustrating ,i posted my problem to kabam and they said its my device
  • Options
    adamlar4102adamlar4102 Posts: 18
    Happened with me so frequently too.
  • Options
    MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    Same here: Nexus 5.

I emailed about this, and got told to restrict autorotate in the phone's system menu, which doesn't work. Then, I was told, somewhat disingenuously, that the phone's settings were being ignored so as to give the player choice as to how to flip the game. But that I should raise a suggestion in these pages, which I have.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/31446/mitigation-of-hardware-autorotate-failure-on-some-devices

Another possible solution to this problem could be to lock the screen during a match unless paused. I don't think that anyone would want to flip the screen _during_ a match, even if it were the wrong way up!
  • Options
    MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    edited December 2017
    I would like to add that it is my belief that this isn't being addressed because it is being treated as a 'device issue', which is just a WONTFIX for reasons. So let me address why those reasons are no good.

Programming isn't an exercise of coding mathematically perfect solutions on Turing machines, but it is an act of engineering, and engineers in the real world have to achieve things with imperfect materials. Sometimes, one solves a problem by sourcing better materials, but sometimes that is not possible. Fixes for this by Kabam are easy, and fixes by the players or device manufactures are nigh-impossible, the only plausible fix being to buy or issue another phone.

The thing is that if a player has money to spare for another phone, some of that money could have been won by Kabam if they delay purchasing their next device as the current one does the job well enough. This WONTFIX that has an easy fix is costing Kabam on their bottom line. Not a lot, but then the effort of a fix is small, so it is worth making.

This is quite apart from the irritation that this behaviour is causing players. Some of those players could be put off, or leave the game sooner than they would because they feel disadvantaged or ignored, many will make irritated threads like this one. In any case, it is causing unease among some players that isn't good for the game.

I mentioned three possible fixes elsewhere. These are:

1. To respect the device owner's autorotate settings as set in their device's system menu.
    2. To place a checkbox in the game menu that fixes the current rotation at 90° or 270°.
    3. To prevent autorotate occurring during matches, unless paused.

There could well be other fixes, but these are easy, and would make a real difference for those of us who have this problem.
  • Options
    I would gladly take ANY of those options. All 3 work in my eyes. Yet, here we are, still talking about it. Still happening. You hit the nail on the head though @Morosoph
This discussion has been closed.