**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

At a crossroad

I just wanted to say this so please bear with me. I have been playing this game for more than 2 years. I have joined great alliances and have been part of bad ones also. I am not a great player and have never claimed to be. I just play this game for fun and entertainment. I just seems like there is no middle ground in this game. I have read on this forum that some upper level players find this game boring and the rewards not worth playing. i find new players saying the game is too hard and it should be easier to play content and level up heroes. Then there are the changes that some want to change back to the good old days. As for alliances if you a in a great one then all is well if you are not then you are probably unhappy. Let not even mention all the bugs and problems this game has. Maybe I am the problem, maybe I have grown from this game, I was just average any way, I never really like grinding, unless it was for a tier 4 catalyst, buy problems with android and this game have challenge that also. And don't get me started on AW or AQ. So here is my questions is this game worth it for the old timers who has been playing for the last two years, and is our dedication to this game really being appreciated by Kabam. Whatever comment you have on this is appreciated good or bad as I am at a crossroad.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    If you are tired with the game then quitting is a fair course of action, its true this game was meant for players ready for the hard grind if you don't then you simply can't reach the top tiers of this game. If you wan't to get more entertainment out of the game take lots of time just practicing skills and watch youtube videos to get better and content like LOL and act 5. Again if you aren't in for grind and don't find the same enjoyment in this game as you used to move on the way the game is going many more people are on the path to quit from pure frustration its not just you
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    I play everyday since update 2.0.0.
    The game had up and downs, but even with a crappy android phone that doesn't let me play with some champions, i still enjoy playing this game.
    Ranking champions had become easier, and getting champions the same thing.
    I'm still free2play, did one path in LoL and beat every other content ingame besides that.
    Game is good if people know how to play. If not, then there is nothing to do besides keep playing
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    The true lure of this game (other than Marvel IP) lies almost entirely in the social aspect, i.e. joining alliances and working together with randos to defeat other randos and perhaps quests. The impetus to rank up and get the newest/best characters lies entirely in this stratagem, your character collection>opponents character collection. Divorced from that, event or story quests in a vacuum can be diverting fun but easily ignored after a while. At some point, which it appears you're at, you decide you don't care enough about what ranked duped whatever team you have, and that's when you move on, because the simple truth is Kabam, like many companies, will always value the new customer/revenue streams and chalk up recurring revenue drops to attrition. Don't take it personally, just enjoy the time you spent playing and move on to the next phase in life.
  • hobohobo Posts: 86
    I am very happy with my skill level, my self esteem is not dependent on this game, I am more at a crossroad due to how I feel this game treats its loyal followers, I feel the awards from the alliance quest do not measure with the cost for a alliance to pay to play as one example I was just wondering if there were others out there who was feeling the same as i feel. i will always play this game from time to time maybe not as much as I had in the past
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    At this point I mostly play because I have made friends. Kabam has an awful business model that blatantly preys on those who clearly have gambling problems. But yeah, I'm probably staying with my friends and just not spending. I definitely understand where you're coming from.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't grind hard anymore. I enjoy the game still. Having a good alliance is a big part of it. AQ, AW, new content and enough arena to get by.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    At this point I mostly play because I have made friends. Kabam has an awful business model that blatantly preys on those who clearly have gambling problems. But yeah, I'm probably staying with my friends and just not spending. I definitely understand where you're coming from.

it surely does feed on gambling tendency. spinning the crystal is just like spinning the slot. i find it addicting for that reason, and fun for the effort required to develop skill, and not that fun for the grinding (but i grind anyway). i guess the combination keeps me coming back.

Yep. I am happy to say that I haven't spent much on this game compared to most at my level but I regret every penny. It's a money suck.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    I guess you are probably past level 60, a healthy 4* roster and not so few 5*. Maybe T2A is a problem but it is manageable.

You come to the game and wonders what value is there. It has became a habit rather than fun and relaxation.

You think about the hours you spent and which could have been used to do things you has put aside.

Perhaps, you could have gone round the world on a vacation.

Try stopping for a month. Soon you won't feel you missed anything and the freedom of not needed to login, unless another game comes on.

Cheers!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    From my own personal place I can't figure out why I can't manage to fully quit this game. Similar to op I have played for 2+ years. I have completed all content outside of lol and exploring 5.2. I use android and I am at a point where I just can't justify trying to explore 5.2 or starting a lol path. As far as I see it when it comes to lol, the bugs with this game and my phone would probably cost me atleast an additional 40+ revives. And I would likely shave a year off of my life fuming over lost combos due to lag or frame drops.

5.2 every time I go to start a path I may have 1 perfect fight then the next I miss a parry I should not have and after 5 hits and bane my champ is on life support. And for what? So I can rank 5 1 4*. Nah, pass

So then why am I playing? Monthly quest are way too easy, autoplay heroic then use my d team to handle master. Aq is a **** show of lag and poor game controls, aw is still fun to me but plagued with control issues as well. Yet I log in everyday. Just not sure why
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I have enjoyed the game a lot more when I cut down my playing time. I have taken an approach like Mr. LT. I just play the quests with what champs I like from movies or comics instead of using the best champs. The game is more fun that way for me
    See these are the things I am talking about it is not about skill or talent it how Kabam is treating us I can do a path with no problems the next time nothing is working not parry evade heck sometimes nothing works and a ticket do not mean a things because nothing is corrected
    Well i am always going to play this game but never at the level I use to nor will I spent any money on the game because like people has said you are only gambling your money away as for harder content if I finish act 5 or LOL who care I do not need to purchase the title