**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green glow around champions NOT a simple display issue [Under Investigation]

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
This is one for the attention of the administrators sooner than later. There is a post above by @Kabam Miike that this is a simple display bug post 14.1update.

Sorry Mike, but that's not the case. Something very odd is happening to PI (as you know), but also the green glow does have a measurable game effect in the arenas.

This picture was taken a few minutes ago.
iqjdmsda3z7p.png

I then exited the Contest and restarted, and was faced with these altered values and green glow:
hy4exqe0b1be.png

A screen grab at the end of my second fight shows the Boost effect in action:
gbs3uq2pejok.png

At the end of the day, my points score has increased to 504,676 rather than the 500,563 that it should have done:
5qhfsvuoafpn.png

Now I could just keep quiet and get the extra points, but (1) that would be a bit unfair on anyone not taking part this week, and (2) although in this example my points were overall increased, I'm not sure that it's always going to be an improvement. I took this on the game before, and only in retrospect thought 'Hey, that's a really low point score for a 4* Vs 4* fight' if you look at Black Widow Vs Cap at the bottom:
nj40sdqe3l76.png

So the arena points system is affected as well. For me, the changes happened only in games where I closed the game down and re-opened it. If I just kept playing, the glow and pi changes never arose.

I'm playing on Android 7.0 with a Motorola MotoG5+

Hope that's helpful in sorting a fix.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    Good info. I'm always skeptical whenever someone dismisses anything as a "visual bug only" whether it's arena, in fights, or rewards. Seems like the it's a bigger deal than anyone assumed. My roster/profile has changed so many times that it's kinda fun to see what my profile pic will be each time I log in.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to hop in here and let you all know that this is being looked into right now. Thanks for all of the detailed information, @Magrailothos.
  • Options
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Aw man I wanted to exploit it for hood arena
  • Options
    Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to hop in here and let you all know that this is being looked into right now. Thanks for all of the detailed information, @Magrailothos.

I put a few Sig stones in my voodoo and AA and there pi went down ??
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Good info. I'm always skeptical whenever someone dismisses anything as a "visual bug only" whether it's arena, in fights, or rewards. Seems like the it's a bigger deal than anyone assumed. My roster/profile has changed so many times that it's kinda fun to see what my profile pic will be each time I log in.
    If you do the math comparing the starting score of 477665 and the projected points for the series 27021 (both taken from the first pic) and look at the final total of 594576 (last pic from series) those numbers are exactly what happened. ~27000 is what you expect when running 4/40s at a 3x multiplier (see any steamer). It proves that everything in between is a display bug as the actual point values conform to what you should expect to be earning based on the original pic and at any other time. So yeah display bug no actual impact just the display error in the middle of the pics giving the illusion of points not adhering to the expected outcome.
  • Options
    Looking at my pics again, I went through and got a similar result with Black Widow and Hulk again:
    2tfbgfhbqp4u.png

At the end of the second fight:
    4b2n3rjvzsgz.png

So actually what appears to be happening is that (ignoring the intermittent minor PI fluctuations that appear to be a separate issue), the Contest is actually applying a reverse Boost on the affected matches (dividing the points score by 1.3 or by 2) to give the reduced points available for the match, before then applying the Boost itself to return the points to where they should have been.

Worked example - on my very first pic, CM Vs SL is 3060 PTS; on the second it is shown 2353 (not by coincidence, 3060/1.3 =2353) but will subsequently be boosted by 1.3 and then x3 to give the correct points score.

So Coathang3r above is kind of correct that it's not really affecting the game too much. But still, it's definitely weird, and hopefully this is useful information for the Kabam team. Of note, I've never seen it happen with my 5* characters, but I only have a few so can't be authoritative on that.

Also, what happens if someone actually tries to use their own 'real' Boosts? Does this bug mean that you can't, or that they're wasted? Might be worth knowing if you're chasing Green Goblin.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    My tops keep changing pi randomly mostly when there's synergy involved since the numbers always seem to match what they are when they are in a team.

Mine is supposed to go crossbones ( duped) , Cyclops ( duped), groot ( duped) , yellowjacket ( duped), dr voodoo , starlord (duped), nightcrawler.

Mine keeps fluctuating, first Cyclops jumped to my top, followed by crossbones, then Dr voodoo, then yellowjacket and now yellowjacket is on top.

They say it's not noticeable hmm then I guess they're blind in some instance their pi is 400+ higher than its supposed to be.

For example I put together a team with Cyclops, dr voodoo, nightcrawler, rogue, and Phoenix. That team overtook my tops and gave rogue a 400-500 point spike then I levelled her up and she went back to normal then after she went up again and as I put together other teams their pi reflects the current state of tops.

I'm pretty sure something like (pi changing) this happened around the time of the great nerfing or maybe after it and It really makes me wonder just what they were playing around with to make this happen.

Not to mention that green glow that around our champions in various places, like quest, aq, aw, and arena. I haven't seen what the op is talking about yet but I agree that this is more than a simple visual bug and I don't know exactly what kabam is doing but it can't be a good thing and it makes me a little worried given their history.
  • Options
    AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292
    I like how kabam bust out turbos to fix exploits that can help us like the extra arena points but hey when are bugs kill half your team in aq and we all know nobody wants to lose there attitude is hey son take a ticket take a seat we will contact you in a week when we find time we must fix all the stuff that help you 1st lol