**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Defense. When does your Mastery set up lock?

NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
So I was always led to believe that your Mastery setup was locked once you place your defenders. Recently, one of my alliance members said that this theory is wrong and your Mastery set up is locked into place once the attack phase starts. I looked on the forums but there's no definitive answer from a mod. Please, can we have this settled once and for all? @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Valkyrie , anyone?

Comments

• Options
    No1?
  • Options
    NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    After you place
  • Options
    That's what I figured, but I would love for a mod to confirm it.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    The only time mods will give you a reply is when they close a thread, clean it up, when people commenting don't know the answer or when people just give you absolutely the wrong information.

You've been told once that the masteries get locked in when you lock in your defenders. I'm gonna say the same. Chances are a mod won't reply now, unless they have the time.

Right now they're too busy reading all the compensation and Bases threads, as well as the game crashing threads. There is also the hate threads.
  • Options
    Yeah I understand what your saying but it really don't help me. Just because you tell me something is true doesn't mean that it is. I'm asking a question about a game mode, the question warrents a response from a staff member.
  • Options
    I understand what you're saying. I've frequent the forums a lot even in the old one. The mods said that the game takes a screenshot (if you will) of all your stats and abilites when locking in champs for the AW and AQ. Thisnis why there isna green border around your champ after they gdt locked in and you upgrade or add signature points to a champ. I believe it is the same for masteries, if masteries don't cause the green border then that doesn't matter.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe things have changed. I'm only telling you what I know to be true from what mods and other players have said before.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    NMEONES wrote: »
    Yeah I understand what your saying but it really don't help me. Just because you tell me something is true doesn't mean that it is. I'm asking a question about a game mode, the question warrents a response from a staff member.

What he said is true though. The moderators have adopted a policy of stepping in and voicing opinions only as a last resort. If you receive the correct information from other members of the forum like @Jon8299 then you will be lucky to get a reply from a moderator.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    As soon as you place your defense. Change your masteries after you place and it won't affect your champs
  • Options
    @Jon8299 see if you said the mods said this already, I wouldn't of sent that msg. The way you said it made it seem like you were just giving me an answer based on your opinion. I to believed that when u placed your champs that's when mastery was set, but like my OP said, an alliance mate said otherwise and I just wanted it to be cleared up officially.

@Thawnim that's a horrible policy for moderators to adopt. If there is a question concerning the game, not just a what if or maybe question, but a legitimate question... it should be acknowledged, isn't that a part of their job?
  • Options
    NMEONES wrote: »
    @Jon8299 see if you said the mods said this already, I wouldn't of sent that msg. The way you said it made it seem like you were just giving me an answer based on your opinion. I to believed that when u placed your champs that's when mastery was set, but like my OP said, an alliance mate said otherwise and I just wanted it to be cleared up officially.

@Thawnim that's a horrible policy for moderators to adopt. If there is a question concerning the game, not just a what if or maybe question, but a legitimate question... it should be acknowledged, isn't that a part of their job?

You came here looking for answers and you got it. Regardless of how you may like or dislike not getting it from a mod does not change the fact that you still got the right answer. Considering there are way more pressing issues like bugs, cheating and new content questions out there I cannot fault them for not chiming in when you have received the same (correct) answer from three separate users here now.
  • Options
    Check it out...I even found a note from Ad0ra about it too.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/34041#Comment_34041
  • Options
    The mods say they read all of the posts, they just don't respond to all of them. If they see you have been given the correct information then they move on to the next post or thread.

Unless they say "I will take this to game team and find out" or "I don't know the answer but I will find out for you". Chances are you aren't getting a reply and through their omission are telling you that we are correct and they can move on.

They have read this thread. They have not commented in any way, they have moved on and will only comment or step in if this thread gets out of hand.
  • Options
    They are right. We used to have a guy in our alliance that changed his mastery setup prior to every war. He'd add willpower right before placing his defense and then reset immediately after they were placed so that he could go back to running suicides for arena.