**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on the new cheat

The game went down twice today and on top of that people are getting unlimited rewards while normal players are getting nothing ..great ..I'm sure kabam will just shut this down or give everyone 2* iron Patriots ..yay

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Big bug now fixed. Some had their fun, others read only about it.

• Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Big bug now fixed. Some had their fun, others read only about it.

Probably the same ones who keep getting couple thousand units by MISTAKE also???
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone racked up 30-50k 5* shardsand used it on featured champs. That's sick! On top of that, they also get T4Bs and 4* shards...
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It's a violation of TOS and no different than using a mod. Everyone playing this game knew that was a glitch and exploited the hell out of it anyway. Kabam will just let it slide and say or do nothing.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Obviously they will let it slide. Remember they gave some people free 10k dimensional rift crystals.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    It's a violation of TOS and no different than using a mod. Everyone playing this game knew that was a glitch and exploited the hell out of it anyway. Kabam will just let it slide and say or do nothing.

I disagree with that. If there is a glitch on the developers end that benefits the player, I can't blame someone for taking advantage of it. We sure have to deal with an awful lot of bugs that cost us items with no compensation, not even an apology. I wish I was running the quest when this glitch happened.
    NDK13 wrote: »
    Obviously they will let it slide. Remember they gave some people free 10k dimensional rift crystals.

Those who used them had them removed and got a 72 hour ban at minimum. I remember seeing screenshots of the guy who got a sig 200 5* Dormammu and the next day it was gone from his account and he was inactive for a few days. Do it once and it's on them, but to exploit it repeatedly it's on you.
    NDK13 wrote: »

Those who used them had them removed and got a 72 hour ban at minimum. I remember seeing screenshots of the guy who got a sig 200 5* Dormammu and the next day it was gone from his account and he was inactive for a few days. Do it once and it's on them, but to exploit it repeatedly it's on you.

So, if the game crashes once, I should deal with it, but if crashes multiple times then I should get all the items wasted and lost rewards from the developers? Is that how they work? Well it crashed around 8 times last night. I don't expect to see anything. It would be fairly hypocritical of them to take back the stuff when we are left shafted by most of their errors.

I find this game amazing, most companies work hard to keep their customers happy with their product so they will continue to be their customers. With this game the product quality is consistently lacking without even much of an apology for the most part. They can make their customers happy without costing a cent because items in the game don't cost them anything. Yet this game has a slew of posters on here that defend their profit margins. Do you go into Whole Foods and say, "Sure I'll pay $16.99 for that tap water with a stick of asparagus in it. After all I need to support their stock holders, doesn't matter if the product is of poor value and quality."

If I go to the store and they mis-tagged an item with a lower cost, nearly every place I have ever shopped will honor that price as it was their error. I see this reward error the same way, mistake was made, some got a benefit, fix it going forward, move on. It'd be like the store manager driving to your house, taking a can of tuna out of your cabinet when you aren't home because the cashier forgot to ring the second can up.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    is it cheating if it's a bug on their side????????????????? I am not one who has the bug but awesome for those who do
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 104
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    The game went down twice today and on top of that people are getting unlimited rewards while normal players are getting nothing ..great ..I'm sure kabam will just shut this down or give everyone 2* iron Patriots ..yay

Guaranteed that if kabam accidentally gave you 1000 units you wouldnt complain or try to return it. Stop being so self righteous. This was a kabam mistake... you think if you made a mistake kabam would be so nice as to fix that for you? doubt it. This is their consequence. let those who got it, keep it. And NO, i did not receive any of those rewards, i'm just pro player community.
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    Agreed!! But we could use some free stuff though @vucachon

i wouldn't mind it! lol
    I'm sure there would be a lot more speaking up against this if it was an LoL running giving completion rewards for every pass and people had t2a in their stash already, along with 11 r4 5*s. Would anyone be fine with that ?
    I'm sure there would be a lot more speaking up against this if it was an LoL running giving completion rewards for every pass and people had t2a in their stash already, along with 11 r4 5*s. Would anyone be fine with that ?

I would be, the player didn't cheat, kabam screwed up. It happens. If kabam wants to make it right they can award the extra rewards to everyone who already finished so they all get the same rewards, but they won't do that. There is no reasonable way to take away the rewards they mistakenly handed out. There are errors in every company that costs the company money. Shipment errors due to poor labeling, pricing errors due to a stocking error, extra product loss due to a marketing mis-communication, malpractice suit due to a missed triage question, etc.... The difference is all those errors cost the companies money. This one costs the company nothing, at worst it is a minuscule amount of lost revenue, which they may have made back because people spent units for revives to exploit the error.

It gains the company nothing and will cost them more in disappointing the customers to go chase them down over the error and take the stuff away. Any logical, reasonable human with any customer service experience will tell them that. There is no win here for them to start pushing "but the TOS" on this glitch and they would be incredibly stupid to do so.
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    Id be fine with it if it was like gold and 3* shards but 5* shards, t1a to sell for t2a and t2a shards make this a HUGE issue. No way some people should be able to exploit a glitch and add t2a to their account. That's a massive unbalancing. T2a are the most important item in the game and a glitch should not be giving them out.
    Id be fine with it if it was like gold and 3* shards but 5* shards, t1a to sell for t2a and t2a shards make this a HUGE issue. No way some people should be able to exploit a glitch and add t2a to their account. That's a massive unbalancing. T2a are the most important item in the game and a glitch should not be giving them out.

Then maybe the company should do a better job a quality control with their product. Spend more time making sure what they roll out works properly and isn't buggy and glitchy. Taking back form those to whom you gave, is not the way to do it. But you want to punish the players for the company's mistake? Don't we take enough punishment for their mistakes already?

Then maybe the company should do a better job a quality control with their product. Spend more time making sure what they roll out works properly and isn't buggy and glitchy. Taking back form those to whom you gave, is not the way to do it. But you want to punish the players for the company's mistake? Don't we take enough punishment for their mistakes already?

That is ludicrously ignorant and childish.

You take punishment? It's a game. Don't play if you don't like it. And it's not "taking back from those to whom they gave". They didn't give anything. If a store leaves the door unlocked and somebody keeps going in and stealing stuff it's still theft regardless of the opinions on the company.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

I think the problem is at some point in time they moved to having monthly special events. Prior to about two years ago the special events only coincided with major Marvel events (movies primarily). I think the monthly events have served as a great way to grow and to introduce new champs, but considering the vast offerings now available in the game it makes it extremely unlikely that every bug will be caught.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    is it cheating if it's a bug on their side????????????????? I am not one who has the bug but awesome for those who do

Agreed. There is a huge difference between someone cheating and someone using a bug on Kabam's side to their advantage. Nobody should be on their high horse claiming people are cheating for exploiting Kabam's mistake, when in reality, you would do the same thing if it was affecting your game.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

You take punishment? It's a game. Don't play if you don't like it. And it's not "taking back from those to whom they gave". They didn't give anything. If a store leaves the door unlocked and somebody keeps going in and stealing stuff it's still theft regardless of the opinions on the company.

More like the store is selling diamond rings for $5 and knowingly doing it. There's no stealing going on, no modding or hacking. The store is being dumb and don't realize it.

Nobody walked in and took anything. They did a quest and the company awarded too high of prizes. So if you walked up to the electronics store and they handed you a brand new TV and said if you walk around the block we will give you another one, a lot of people will walk around that block and get a second TV and a third, and fourth for as many times as the electronics store is willing to give them more. Now what you want to happen is the electronics store to come to those people's houses and say, ok, give them back now, thief.

More like the store is selling diamond rings for $5 and knowingly doing it. There's no stealing going on, no modding or hacking. The store is being dumb and don't realize it.

No. It's not. Not even close.
    If you go to an ATM to take out $300 and it gives out $20,000 guess what happens? The bank will come after you for all of that money and they will win. Doesn't matter that it was a glitch on their part. You return it or make them aware of it or you are responsible.
    Thawnim wrote: »

I think the problem is at some point in time they moved to having monthly special events. Prior to about two years ago the special events only coincided with major Marvel events (movies primarily). I think the monthly events have served as a great way to grow and to introduce new champs, but considering the vast offerings now available in the game it makes it extremely unlikely that every bug will be caught.

Obviously there will be bugs, it just isn't reasonable in this case to take the awards away because of the bug. Or at the very least it would be a terrible customer service decision.
    edited August 2017
    How is it stealing. If you go to a store and they accidentally put the wrong price on an item, some stores honor that price and fix the tags after.
    Stealing would be to break in and take the items... as in Hack into the game and have that stuff sent into your inventory.
    These guys are doing the runs. Using energy and refills... hence, the analogy if a mispriced item.
    Use the correct anology.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Kabam also has known about this for over 12 hours (forum/Reddit never shut up) and have not shut it down or fixed it yet. It's their mistake and it is dishonest to keep going back to the well, but I don't think it's illegal or bannable.
    It's is 100% against their TOS. It's both reversible and bannable for exploiting a glitch.
This discussion has been closed.