**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone still grinding for featured champs?

R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
With the latest news I was just curious how everyone felt about grinding massive points for a 4* featured. Feel its a lost cause or still find them useful? I plan to just grind for 5* shards at this point.

Comments

• Options
    MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    Nah waste of time
  • Options
    No point of grinding for 4*'s feature
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Yes. As far as current content goes, 4*s still have some use. Duping grants 5* shards towards gaining higher tier champs.
    However, ranking the 4*s beyond 3/30 may take a backseat in favor of saving enough cats for 5/6*s.
    I truly believe Act 5/3 will require high ranked 5/6*s as Act 5/2/6, though doable with 4*s, was still a pain even with most of my team with R3 and R4 5*s.
  • Options
    Yes. As far as current content goes, 4*s still have some use. Duping grants 5* shards towards gaining higher tier champs.
    However, ranking the 4*s beyond 3/30 may take a backseat in favor of saving enough cats for 5/6*s.
    I truly believe Act 5/3 will require high ranked 5/6*s as Act 5/2/6, though doable with 4*s, was still a pain even with most of my team with R3 and R4 5*s.
    I get what your saying, makes sense. But Im not talking about 4* champs in general, which we need for duping to get 5* shards. Just mainly the 4* featured being worth the insane points, which is a tough dupe for a while
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Wow. Okay. Feel free to wait for Champs that won't be mainstream for months. It'll increase my count. Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but it will be a long time before people have enough 6*'s so they won't need 4*'s.
  • Options
    Wow. Okay. Feel free to wait for Champs that won't be mainstream for months. It'll increase my count. Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but it will be a long time before people have enough 6*'s so they won't need 4*'s.
    Not even close to the point. Its not if people are giving up on 4*s. Just if they feel the desire to hammer out the grind for the new featured
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    R4GE wrote: »
    I get what your saying, makes sense. But Im not talking about 4* champs in general, which we need for duping to get 5* shards. Just mainly the 4* featured being worth the insane points, which is a tough dupe for a while

I do hope that 5* arenas will be a thing in the upcoming update along with the cat arenas getting an upgrade. If this is part of their content, then the 4* arena cutoffs will drop dramatically and will be a good thing for new accounts.
  • Options

I do hope that 5* arenas will be a thing in the upcoming update along with the cat arenas getting an upgrade. If this is part of their content, then the 4* arena cutoffs will drop dramatically and will be a good thing for new accounts.
    Completely agree. Very curious about the 5* arenas
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Not even close to the point. Its not if people are giving up on 4*s. Just if they feel the desire to hammer out the grind for the new featured

They're not obsolete. Whenever they introduce a new Star Level, it doesn't exactly phase out the previous two. If they introduce a 5* Arena, you will most likely need 4*'s. Same with Basic or Featured. 4*'s are still useful for content, and you won't find the same range in 5* and 6* for a while. Also, 6*'s won't be playable for a while and they will be quite exclusive. Not enough to make 4*'s obsolete. Finally, 4*'s give 5*'s, and 5*'s give 6*'s. Just pointing out that nothing is wasted effort in the game.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    No point since 6* are coming out
  • Options

They're not obsolete. Whenever they introduce a new Star Level, it doesn't exactly phase out the previous two. If they introduce a 5* Arena, you will most likely need 4*'s. Same with Basic or Featured. 4*'s are still useful for content, and you won't find the same range in 5* and 6* for a while. Also, 6*'s won't be playable for a while and they will be quite exclusive. Not enough to make 4*'s obsolete. Finally, 4*'s give 5*'s, and 5*'s give 6*'s. Just pointing out that nothing is wasted effort in the game.

I agree. I have always grinded arenas to build my roster and will continue. But grinding out 17 mil for the new featured seems a wasted effort now
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    It's weird grind over 40 mil for a "3"* featured.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The 6* announcement placed an expiration date on the usefulness of 4*'s so it doesn't make sense to put more then just 3m - 5m out for a featured one anymore