**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Easy Fix for Limbo Majik

So seems like Limbo is due for a nerf. I use her a little but she bores me. Her Limbo at high ranks has become just a pain and specially in AQ on some of those power gain nodes.

I suggest that instead of stripping her completely they make Limbo a 50% chance to either do the energy damage or save her from taking damage. Or Limbo works both ways in that whatever damage she does in energy during limbo is subtracted from the health she might regain.

For me the damage is bearable its more the health restore and taking damage at the same time.

Comments

• BreenioBreenio Posts: 115
    Why are so many people asking for champs to be nerfed?? Simply jealousy. Either they don't have them or can't fight against them. Magik is million times better than she used to be, but still relatively easy to fight
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    So seems like Limbo is due for a nerf. I use her a little but she bores me. Her Limbo at high ranks has become just a pain and specially in AQ on some of those power gain nodes.

I suggest that instead of stripping her completely they make Limbo a 50% chance to either do the energy damage or save her from taking damage. Or Limbo works both ways in that whatever damage she does in energy during limbo is subtracted from the health she might regain.

For me the damage is bearable its more the health restore and taking damage at the same time.

I think limbo degen should only happen on her specials not on just power gain. That would make more sense.
  • Fab420Fab420 Posts: 12
    Magik is my top and favorite champion, that being said I do believe that her limbo is a little too much. My suggestion would be that her passive limbo should only deal a max % of the opponents health remaining as energy damage. This would at least prevent getting ko'd without ever getting hit. Day 4 and 5 of map 5 against her on a powergain node gets ridiculous as well as tier 1 and 2 wars as a mini boss or boss. I see no reason why anyone should lose a champion in this game if they don't even get hit once.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited May 2017
    It's not magik to be *too* strong. It's MD triggering on Dexterity which makes her borderline OP. Same as Juggernaut, Dormammu and UC (when fixed obv)
    Fab420 wrote: »
    My suggestion would be that her passive limbo should only deal a max % of the opponents health remaining as energy damage.

This would make her even more powerful, burning through big enemies with ease. Let's say he only damage 1% of your max hp per tick: on a RoL or LoL or AQ/AW boss this is insanely strong. Yes, it would make her less powerful as defender, but kinda overpowered as attacker
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Simple fix. Have 2 types of limbo: one that triggers when she fills a bar of power while getting hit (defensive limbo), and another when she fills a bar while hitting an enemy (offensive limbo). Defensive limbo only restores health while offensive limbo only deals damage
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    I am not one for nerfing champs. However, during the last round of nerfs (regen, ultron, etc) Kabam said the reason they were doing it was because these champs were almost exclusively being used as the boss in lower level AW.

Magik is the AW boss and at least 2 mini boss nodes in nearly every single tier1 AW. It is so boring and predictable. Adding Dorm offset this a little but for any alliances that don't have a R4 dorm it is still Magik every single time. The people who are saying they don't want her nerfed are the dozens of people who took her to R4. I totally understand that. That being said, it is still total BS to play a perfect fight and die from Limbo. My suggestion would be to do with Limbo what they did with regen and not have it scale up with nodes. She would still be a great offensive champ that did some damage on defense, and it would remove some of the "cheap" feeling you get when fighting against her.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Ah, the daily nerf Magik thread. Lovely.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    No
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    edited May 2017
    Magik is extremely easy with the right champs. There's a few that can solo her or get her within one/two deaths in tier 1 AW: GP, magik herself, AA, and voo, to name a few. If you want a champ to be nerfed start asking about dorm instead, especially after he's feature again - AW is going to turn into a war of who has the most 5* dupe dorm bosses. Pair the double dash back bug, with his degen, and his immunities, you're looking at a very "fun" time.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Magik is extremely easy with the right champs. There's a few that can solo her or get her within one/two deaths in tier 1 AW: GP, magik herself, AA, and voo, to name a few. If you want a champ to be nerfed start asking about dorm instead, especially after he's feature again - AW is going to turn into a war of who has the most 5* dupe dorm bosses. Pair the double dash back bug, with his degen, and his immunities, you're looking at a very "fun" time.

@PhillyEaglesS is 100% correct lol.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don't honk magik should be nerfed but I would like dexterity to not be affected by MD to make her and dormamu easier to fight in aw
    Think*
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Think*

I liked "honk" better. You should consider using it instead of "think" :p
  • xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    manyyyy players will quit if she will get nerfed which will mean a minimum compensetion.
    If magik will be nerfed after SW DS gotten, means this cycle of nerfing mystic familia will never end and the next one will be Voodoo trust me.
    So better stfo and keep your jealousy in your pants.

nobody will leave when her limbo get nerfed as I didnt leave when sw and strange got nerf but we are talking about useless damage which is insulting skills
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    Her ability was stupid when they came up with it. Shes great on defense in AW because it takes no skill to use her in AW defense the AI does all the work.
    Not many people use her on offense anyways so the nerf would not affect much skill play.
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    The problem is that it scales like an attack but its not. It shouldn't be possible for it to scale but since it does it should be counted as an attack.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I use her on offense all the time
    How come no one complained about limbo after they fixed magik a long time ago?
    You might as well as complain about Howard's thunder quack while you're at it. It does more damage than limbo when it activates lol
  • LilWolfyLilWolfy Posts: 42
    Just learn how to fight her.... a rank4 sl smashes magik same as widow or gwenpool or archangel etc etc...
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    Her ability was stupid when they came up with it. Shes great on defense in AW because it takes no skill to use her in AW defense the AI does all the work.
    Not many people use her on offense anyways so the nerf would not affect much skill play.

Not many people use her on AW offense? Lol.. you must be in a low tier. I can speak for tier 1 at least, aka mystic wars, where plenty of people bring her to attack to combat all the mystic champs with MD. Her usefulness on defense at that tier is getting to be so limited that many are choosing to bring her to attack as opposed to defense because they see that as being more useful due to all her counters available.
  • cccar1420cccar1420 Posts: 57
    I never have a problem fighting magik she is easy just don't let her fill more then 1 bar of power at a time
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    You might as well as complain about Howard's thunder quack while you're at it. It does more damage than limbo when it activates lol

That's the thing! Thunderquack has a 50% chance to trigger, and even then, it can be stopped by stunning Howard.
    Drakon56 wrote: »

That's the thing! Thunderquack has a 50% chance to trigger, and even then, it can be stopped by stunning Howard.

It cannot be stopped