**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Exploit and Fix

DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike

I will first of all applaud you guys on getting on-top of that exploit that arose yesterday, the speed and response was extraordinary. I am against cheating or exploiting the game.

However, I have a concern. How come the development team could fix that exploit within hours, however, issues that have been plaguing our gameplay such as:

* parry issues which have been confirmed
* evade bugs which have been confirmed
* AI recovery speed / Combo issues which have been confirmed

can not be fixed in the same timely manner? Some of this issues have been around since before Christmas, seeing the quality of the game lowered. Although I can play with minimum resource spending in expert tier AW / AQ, I still find the bugs frustrating and unacceptable. I like hard fights but do not like to feel cheated

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• BigJake29BigJake29 Posts: 34
    Pretty absurd. I have long defended Kabam... Especially through 12.0, because programing and bug fixes can be difficult to fully locate, understand, and fix with expedience and certainly exceptionally difficult to fully verify and reverse issues that have occured...

Apparently Kabam Mike has proven me wrong. It's only difficult when it impacts the players, negatively. I am 100% certain i have taken zero advantage of this exploit but the response is very troubling considering other ongoing issues. Seems there is a real stick it to the players mentality, WE WILL GET YOU!! and lack of concern with fixing issues that don't impact the bottom line, why are those whiners complaining, OMG again they want issues fixed... So needy
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    While it may be up in the air if response is right (banning harsh IMO) they have always responded this way on exploits this agregious.

Those that are shocked must not have read the countless people on the forums yesterday saying this would be the end result like always. To think it would have ended differently was naive really.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    edited August 2017
    What do you expect? Any bug that exploits the wallet of the players stays as long as possible and there's no visible attempt on fixing. Tickets get closed without adressing anything.
    I used to condemn the abuse of exploits, but since Kabam is doing the same to their advantage, players might just as well do the same, just following Kabam's example.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I pointed out in another thread that the double standard needs to stop.

Game breaking "bugs" that exist for a bunch of users are addressed over periods of MONTHS while anything that helps the players get's "fixed" in HOURS.

Take a look at the Vision bug... Some users have reported (verified) that SP1 and SP2 do no damage on power burn, and as a result are useless. This happens with both OG Vision (who is only available via purchase of hundreds of $$) as well as AOU Vision. This has been happening for weeks. Likely won't be fixed for weeks.

as @wray1976 pointed out in another thread, if Vision was bugged to insta kill an opponent with SP1 instead, Kabam would take down the game and fix it IMMEDIATELY.

That's what a double standard is.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    There is also the difference between fixing something that would be purely on their end in their game code, and fixing something that interacts with a gazillion different models of phones, versions of OS, etc. That is a large part of why they can fix an issue with their system handing out undeserved rewards, but not fix things that involve actual gameplay interactions; everyone's game acts a little differently for various reasons, and not everyone gets the same issues and bugs as everyone else.
    That being said, Kabam, please do a good 5* offer, and use the $$$ to get some more personnel for working on figuring out the myriad bugs.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    First off let me say I did not exploit this bug. I had finished the Heroic and Master quests the first weekend they were out, and have never rerun any of the lines other then for alliance completion event and received no benefits from the bug.

Yes, some rewards should be rolled back for those that found out about the bug and excessively exploited it.

Those though that ran the lines to complete the quests should not be punished and not have the extra rewards removed. They were doing this in the natural progression of their game play and just got lucky.

Kabam does not reimburse us for units spent to revive when we encounter a bug that works against us like evade bug, parry bug, or health/arena fights lost when the game was intentionally taken down by Kabam to fix the bug.

Those that were not aggressively exploiting it, but happened to get lucky and naturally received extra rewards should be allowed to keep them, they were not doing anything wrong other then playing the game as intended and should be able to keep the bonus for just happening to have the good fortune of coming across the bug.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I pointed out in another thread that the double standard needs to stop.

Game breaking "bugs" that exist for a bunch of users are addressed over periods of MONTHS while anything that helps the players get's "fixed" in HOURS.

Take a look at the Vision bug... Some users have reported (verified) that SP1 and SP2 do no damage on power burn, and as a result are useless. This happens with both OG Vision (who is only available via purchase of hundreds of $$) as well as AOU Vision. This has been happening for weeks. Likely won't be fixed for weeks.

as @wray1976 pointed out in another thread, if Vision was bugged to insta kill an opponent with SP1 instead, Kabam would take down the game and fix it IMMEDIATELY.

That's what a double standard is.

It's both sad and funny at how true this actually is.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    I too did not exploit this bug. But the response to those who did is extraordinarily double standard. We get the ban threat for running a couple of quests for extra rewards, but the game has a blackout again for several hours realky hurting people grinding for champs or in an AW/AQ fight, every other champ is bugged to Kabams advantage (the good ones, purposefuly IMO) , parry is broken, evade is all over the place, and I could go on and on about issues that have been around for over a year that hurt players wallets, skills, and morale.......so many times WE have been, and continue to be exploited for units, funds, items, and precious time. The double standard is appalling. BLATANTLY obvious guys.......it hurts customer relations worse than you probably care to imagine
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    Draenath wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike : Awaiting a response please. There are some very valid points raised in this post. I do not believe anyone has been disrespectful and the conversation is not un-constructive.

The player base deserve an answer why we need to tolerate months of gameplay issues that seem to not be taken to the development team, yet an exploit can be fixed almost instantly.

Despite whether people like the answer or not, they did actually already address this:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16879/recent-kabam-outages-and-bugs
  • As Bryman187 pointed out, this has already been covered in another thread. Please take a look at the answer in that thread.
This discussion has been closed.