**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Idea for 6*

Introduce brand new champions that are only available as 6*. One of the biggest drags is spending all your resources on, say, 5* 4/55 SL or Magik and then find out there will be a 6* equivalent some day.

Release new champs that are only 6*. So that a 4/55 SL, etc is still special and useful in the game. Prevents having teams of 5 hulks or collosus's of different star levels, and makes us feel less bad about sinking resources into our 4 and 5 star champs. If that mean fewer 6* total for a while I'm ok with it.

Comments

• 313rd313rd Posts: 159
    Not a terrible idea to me. That could help
  • AppieAppie Posts: 99
    great idea.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This would make 6* feel so much less lazy. Even if it was champs we have in game but with different skins and altered sigs and specials.
  • Bumsy_BumBumsy_Bum Posts: 17
    Campo4 wrote: »
    Introduce brand new champions that are only available as 6*. One of the biggest drags is spending all your resources on, say, 5* 4/55 SL or Magik and then find out there will be a 6* equivalent some day.

Release new champs that are only 6*. So that a 4/55 SL, etc is still special and useful in the game. Prevents having teams of 5 hulks or collosus's of different star levels, and makes us feel less bad about sinking resources into our 4 and 5 star champs. If that mean fewer 6* total for a while I'm ok with it.

It would make sense that OP characters like Apocalypse, Sentry, Silver Surfer, and Dr. Doom would only be available as 6*s.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Well, it's an idea but a couple things come to mind. First is the game balance. If we had Champs that were exclusive and OP floating around in 6* form, that really would be quite an extreme. Those that have them would be much stronger than if they had the usual 6*. Secondly, I doubt there will be a high number of 6*'s floating around to begin with. However, I do like the ideas for Champs introduced.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Well, it's an idea but a couple things come to mind. First is the game balance. If we had Champs that were exclusive and OP floating around in 6* form, that really would be quite an extreme. Those that have them would be much stronger than if they had the usual 6*. Secondly, I doubt there will be a high number of 6*'s floating around to begin with. However, I do like the ideas for Champs introduced.

Good point - I doubt Kabam would go for it. The way champs are released with 3* and 4* arenas might eventually change to 4* and 5* feature arenas, and featured 15k 6* crystals with 24 basic 6* in the 10k crystal is more likely. That is logically what will happen. More iron men in our collections...
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    It would make more sense to have weaker champs like Luke Cage, SG, IP etc as 6*s and Wolverines, Thors etc as 5*s
  • Thanks for the idea and feedback about 6-Star Champs! We actually have a thread for discussing 6-Star Champions that can be found here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

We'd like to keep the conversation about 6-Stars in one place so that we can better track all the ideas and feedback, so this thread will now be closed. That being said, I'd strongly encourage you all to check out that thread and continue being a part of the 6-Star conversation.
This discussion has been closed.