**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

There are ways you can fix this mess Kabam

DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
95% of players don't want 6*s. It nerfs rosters because of challenger rating.

But there's a way you can fix this.

Remove challenger rating altogether...

or....

Delay 6*s for a year and introduce them at an appropriate time. An appropriate time is when a reasonable part of the playerbase has easy access to rank 5 4*s and an acceptable access to rank 5 5*.

This means you need to do the following:

T4Bs, T4Cs, and T1As are rare. Make them a lot more common. This will allow more players to rank 5 their 4*s.

Increase T2A access more. Not as much as T4Bs/T4Cs, but enough to where a reasonable percentage can rank 5 their 5*s.

When enough people have rank 5 4*s and rank 5 5*s, then you start introducing 6*s.

You're 12-15 months too early. Progression can't be forced. Your average player has a ton of rank 4 4*s that they can't rank up and most players even in solid alliances have a dozen unduped 5*s at rank 2 because there's few worthy to r3 or r4.

You can't force sudden change in 4 months.

Comments

• fabi0200fabi0200 Posts: 32
    i just pity the new comers if they see that they will not stay and else where lol if you start a game an expect to be on the top players you might need 3 years to get where i am now..... This 6* will discourage manny of the young players
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    4 months from now there will zero change. Why can't people see that 6*s will not be relevant for at least a year. They are going to be playable in 2018. You will start getting 275 shards for every 5* dupe on the 30th. How many players will have 37 5* dupes from the 30th to January 2018? How many 6*s will be garbage? How long will it take to dupe one? How hard will they be to rank? I am with the community on most issues but I gotta say, I really don't get this one.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    4 months from now there will zero change. Why can't people see that 6*s will not be relevant for at least a year. They are going to be playable in 2018. You will start getting 275 shards for every 5* dupe on the 30th. How many players will have 37 5* dupes from the 30th to January 2018? How many 6*s will be garbage? How long will it take to dupe one? How hard will they be to rank? I am with the community on most issues but I gotta say, I really don't get this one.

You just said it yourself:

A ton of 5* dupes to get 6*s
    A ton of garbage 6*s

It's not worth having Challenger Rating trash our rosters for this.
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96

Will you still say they aren't relevant when you see them in 5.4 and Map 6?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    realiTic wrote: »

Will you still say they aren't relevant when you see them in 5.4 and Map 6?

What he meant was they won't be that commonly used. Relevant as in prominent. We already know they will be in Content.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    I'm fine with 6*s. Though I agree they are not needed.

But for sure get rid of challenger rating. What is that even for? Higher star champs are already better than lower star champs. What's the point?
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I am fine with 6* in storyline content... but as playable content, it needs to be postponed.
  • The comments are fairly predictable really.

for those of us that have even no 5 star guys, this is something we will never achieve, or not for some time anyway, so its not an issue.

But for those of you that are top few percent you will be fine as you are more than capable of achieving it, as are those not far away.

You will still play the game coz kabam have you by the wotsits, and make it so that in a few months you ahve a few shards and you think, I am going to try.

Don't say you wont coz you will! Its that simple
  • Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Posts: 147
    I'm fine with 6*s. Though I agree they are not needed.

But for sure get rid of challenger rating. What is that even for? Higher star champs are already better than lower star champs. What's the point?

t92e66pl3e4r.jpg

This is the point, of course.
  • As we've said before, 6-Star Champions won't be playable until 2018 and part of the release plan for them will include making 5-Star Champs and the materials required to rank them up more accessible. Additionally, we have a thread for the discussion of 6-Star Champions that can be found here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

In order to ensure that the conversation about 6-Stars stays focused in one spot, this thread will now be closed. However, everyone can still follow the link above and continue participating in the 6-Star conversation.
This discussion has been closed.