**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to Raise Your Base Hero Rating

Hey guys,

I recently joined the forums despite having played the game for a while now (3 years, roughly) but I took a couple of breaks and I used to be very inactive. But recently, I've decided to play the game a bit more and grind in quests and the arenas to get more champions, but unfortunately, no 4-stars yet. Even though I've played the game for a while, my total hero rating is very low at 37,500.
I see other players who are lower than me in terms of Summoner Levels, but have twice as much hero rating.
I was just wondering if there's any way to boost it up; I've heard that they are related to masteries but I'm just as clueless about that as the hero ratings.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    You need to spend time reading the Masteries, and restructuring them. They can have a massive effect on your hero rating.

When they came out, I put lots in health and attack bonus, as that was cheap and effective with lower level 2 and 3* characters. Over time I realised the value of masteries, and many of the veteran players would recommend not spending units on anything else till they are where you want them.

Each mastery will raise the power of individual heroes differently. It's more obvious with class-specific masteries; but if you get things like Deep Wounds, the power of your characters who inflict Bleed will go up. Getting Willpower won't raise the hero rating of robots, and so on.

So: Read up on the Masteries, and reflect on where and why you use your characters - if you spend your life in the arenas, you might find the 'suicide' masteries like Liquid Courage helpful, and so on.

Have fun.

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    You need to spend time reading the Masteries, and restructuring them. They can have a massive effect on your hero rating.

When they came out, I put lots in health and attack bonus, as that was cheap and effective with lower level 2 and 3* characters. Over time I realised the value of masteries, and many of the veteran players would recommend not spending units on anything else till they are where you want them.

Each mastery will raise the power of individual heroes differently. It's more obvious with class-specific masteries; but if you get things like Deep Wounds, the power of your characters who inflict Bleed will go up. Getting Willpower won't raise the hero rating of robots, and so on.

So: Read up on the Masteries, and reflect on where and why you use your characters - if you spend your life in the arenas, you might find the 'suicide' masteries like Liquid Courage helpful, and so on.

Have fun.

Masteries don't raise total base hero rating. They raise individual hero rating but what the OP is talking about is overall base hero rating
    Masteries don't effect overall base hero rating, the only way to increase your rating is to increase your roster and rank up champions. You need to put in the grind and get more champions. Once you get going you'll find your hero rating increases a lot faster
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    So grinding to get champions is the way to go? I only have 3-stars and seven 4-stars. If I grind and get more catalysts, I should be able to raise my TOTAL hero rating, right?
    More on the masteries side of things, are there any that people can recommend because I don't want to waste any mastery cores?
    Thanks.
    Vinh225 wrote: »
    So grinding to get champions is the way to go? I only have 3-stars and seven 4-stars. If I grind and get more catalysts, I should be able to raise my TOTAL hero rating, right?
    More on the masteries side of things, are there any that people can recommend because I don't want to waste any mastery cores?
    Thanks.

Yes, but don't worry too much about base hero rating in the long run it doesn't really matter at what point you gained a certain amount of rating. In regards to masteries the absolute essentials are parry and dexterity and you want to unlock those as soon as you can. After that it is a bit up in the air but in my opinion cruelty and precision are the next 2 to focus on but don't put more than 1 point in lesser cruelty and lesser precision
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Posts: 164
    Okay, I'll go and work on those. I see a lot of champs that can parry in aw and arenas, so I guess they can be useful. Thanks for the help @Sungj