**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood is not Healing like intended

HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
HOOD's Healing is not working like intended. Most don't know or overlook that he gains health after Every Stagger expires!

Should easily gain 1 or 2 thousand health, but he's getting almost nothing right now.

I'm not sure if it's because his Stagger is not passive or what, but it needs to be addressed.
Going for 5* Feature champ and then they're broken is not fun.

zAj9oc8.jpg

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    He gains HP when stagger expires. He doesn't gain HP when stagger is reseted.
    It was always like that, and is working as intended
  • mkethmketh Posts: 3
    Not true. For some time he was healing also if stagger was replaced, but I guess it was op and he got nerfed.
    mketh wrote: »
    Not true. For some time he was healing also if stagger was replaced, but I guess it was op and he got nerfed.

That was a bug then, because I asked this question in his spotlight when he had arrived to the game, and the answer that I got was that he should only heal when a stagger expires
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    Say against Ironman or Superior IM, they get Armor ups, every time a Stagger expires he should get HP. So you place a Stagger, then he gets an armor up 2 seconds later, well, that Stagger expired and Hood should receive HP.

I've easily counted 18 Staggers expire due to Armor ups on IM, that has to easily be a few thousand in HP Hood should siphon.

It's broke, if they nerfed him, then it was a silent nerf.

Mods, Miike, Adora, please clarify the above and my original post.

Thanks
  • HAVOC wrote: »
    Say against Ironman or Superior IM, they get Armor ups, every time a Stagger expires he should get HP. So you place a Stagger, then he gets an armor up 2 seconds later, well, that Stagger expired and Hood should receive HP.

I've easily counted 18 Staggers expire due to Armor ups on IM, that has to easily be a few thousand in HP Hood should siphon.

Thanks

I see where the confusion is here. The situation you're describing is not an expiry of a Stagger. Expiry is when it runs out on its own, not when it disappears because it activates and prevents a buff from activating. In this case, this is how it is intended to work.
  • If this is how it's intended then the amount should be increased by 3-4 times. Else this should give health with stagger exprires or when stagger is consumed by itself or by a buff.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited May 2017
    If what miike said is true, what exactly is the point in having the heal there to begin with? You will almost never have a stagger expire off the timer because it's constantly refreshing or being removed due to buffs on the enemy. Am I missing something or is that literally the dumbest mechanic in the game if that's intended? What are we suppose to stagger the enemy, then dash back for half the fight just to get 100 health?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Maybe reduce by a lot and have it trigger every expiry. It cant stay the same level though it it was on every use way too much health.
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    HAVOC wrote: »

Thanks

I see where the confusion is here. The situation you're describing is not an expiry of a Stagger. Expiry is when it runs out on its own, not when it disappears because it activates and prevents a buff from activating. In this case, this is how it is intended to work.

So.... MD shouldn't trigger every time your crit buff refreshes....?

This... exactly...
  • Adam666420Adam666420 Posts: 28
    I messaged Kabam support about this about a week ago, and explained to them it's worded exactly like MD is , which means every time a stagger is placed with an existing one already on the enemy, the old one would be considered expired . If that's not the case than MD hasn't been functioning properly for ages. They said they were aware of the issue but won't be able to fix it right away. I can post screen shot of the email response.... so that means either I was lied to or mods have false info. If hoods siphon only steals (245) health for 5* for backing off 8 seconds after placing a stagger, that's just pathetic (and worthless) . When yet a champ like ghost rider can regen 400hp per hit ( as 4* ) for what? 8000hp+ until sp3 is used and rinse and repeat. This issue needs fixed asap . Hood has decent attack, but nothing outrageous, his siphon should work at least . @miike @adora , could you please get us accurate information about this issue and when a fix will be in place. It's very frustrating saving for many months to get a featured 5* and not have him fiction properly and/or misguided information. Thank you
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Ive just read this and with a 5* Hood myself and being a big vocal advocate for correcting the bugged Dexterity triggering MD when it replaces itself instead of just its expiry.

Kabam you guys have just been court out... stop dancing around this topic and promising its being passed onto the appropriate people for review and investigation.. come on guys we are not stupid.. just fix it.

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Fix MD / Dexterity kabam
  • RoonKhanRoonKhan Posts: 40
    He is not able to counter juggs unstoppable buffs as juggs is gaining 2 unstoppable after every specials.
    The Heal is just a bonus. This was explained in his spotlight
    255.75 health for not attacking for 7.5 seconds is a bonus? I think the word you meant to use is joke.
    Is better to gain HP for not attacking for 7.5 seconds than gaining nothing for not attacking for 7.5 seconds
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    edited May 2017

YES!
  • Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    Adzomatic wrote: »
    Ive just read this and with a 5* Hood myself and being a big vocal advocate for correcting the bugged Dexterity triggering MD when it replaces itself instead of just its expiry.

Kabam you guys have just been court out... stop dancing around this topic and promising its being passed onto the appropriate people for review and investigation.. come on guys we are not stupid.. just fix it.

You got to be careful, anything favor kabam is expected and anything favors players its bug and will be fixed or nerfed in seconds. Did not you learn this?
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    edited May 2017

Thanks

This is definitely not how it was previously. I got him when he first came out and was disappointed that replacing a Stagger didn't count as expiring. However, a Stagger getting removed by blocking a buff DID cause a heal. If this has changed intentionally, it's a huge silent nerf and you guys need to own up to it.

Video proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFRwsGNctU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVH378AvpvU
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    I can't edit my post above, but disregard. Just tested 4.3.6 Venom again and staggering a buff does still trigger a heal.
    If placing a new stagger isn't considered expiring then why does MD ( worded exactly the same ) trigger whenever a duplicate buff is placed and doesn't actually expire? Exactly , hood should gain 255 health every time a stagger expires ( same as MD works) . Or Kabam could fix MD , ( which will never happen because it's a money maker for them). So Kabam, please fix hood.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★

Thanks

LOL absolutely rekt

Mike, he's got you on this one, bud. Kabam needs to implement some consistency here and, ideally, you all would be fixing Mystic Dispersion in light of your explanation here.

(Of course, the other potential fix is to make things like dexterity part of the regular game mechanics rather than masteries (this includes parry as well), because you can't play this game without it and you all have stated that certain masteries shouldn't be obligatory and you all should probably just remove the crit buff from dexterity evades.)
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    BUMP!! @Kabam Miike
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I would love to hear an official response to the compelling question found in the quote below:

Adam666420 wrote: »
    If placing a new stagger isn't considered expiring then why does MD ( worded exactly the same ) trigger whenever a duplicate buff is placed and doesn't actually expire? Exactly , hood should gain 255 health every time a stagger expires ( same as MD works) . Or Kabam could fix MD , ( which will never happen because it's a money maker for them). So Kabam, please fix hood.

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I would love to hear an official response to the compelling question found in the quote below:

Adam666420 wrote: »

Because they said so, no reason to bring up this old thread its already been answered.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Agree with everything with stagger vs MD.

I would add, the crit buff from Dexterity should be removed entirely, as it also screws us on spite nodes to properly evade attacks. Or at least make the crit buff only on ranks 2 or 3. I can't imagine many take it beyond one rank for the dodge functionality.

But, again, it's a money maker, so I don't see that changing.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157

Thanks

I have said this before as both MD and Hoods stagger have the same wording but work differently
This discussion has been closed.