**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Minimum team rating for infinite streak

Hey, guys, I was wondering what is the minimum team pi for 4* basic and 4* featured arenas for infinite streak?
Please don't give me that minimum hero 2/20 3/30 4/40 whatever bullc..p, because it doesn't work that way.
For example in 3* featured arena I only get deathmatches once I go below 2000 team rating. Summoner trials - below 1000. As long as I stay above 2000 team pi in 3* arena, even when all the champs in a team below 2/20, I don't get a deathmatch. So it's only the team rating that determines a deathmatch, not the individual ranks and levels.
So, let's recap:
Sum. Trials: 1000+ team rating to avoid deathmatch in infinite streak
3* featured: 2000+ team rating
And what I'd like to know is:
4* basic: ? (i'm guessing 4000, but maybe i'm wrong)
4* featured: ? (i'm guessing 8000)

P.s. I'm only talking about infinite streak, that means match 16 and above for me. Below that there are numerous ways of going about it, that's another topic.

Comments

• Tru_dp_23Tru_dp_23 Posts: 17
    Once u get on the infinite ur champions pi should not go below 1650pi all of the champs on team need to be above that no 2 champs 1684 and the last 1565 they all must be above 1650
  • NikPikeNikPike Posts: 7
    Tru_dp_23 wrote: »
    Once u get on the infinite ur champions pi should not go below 1650pi all of the champs on team need to be above that no 2 champs 1684 and the last 1565 they all must be above 1650
    1650 by 3 is 4950 which is close to 5000 and I'm guessing this is the bottom line. In case of one champ being 1565 have you tried two others being above 1718 which in total would be above 5k?
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    The matches you get in arenas are based on the ranks of your champs not the PI
    Afrid wrote: »
    The matches you get in arenas are based on the ranks of your champs not the PI

Thank you for your reply, but I specifically tested that in 2 and 3 star arenas. It doesn't matter what ranks and levels the champs are at, as soon as the total team PI goes below 1000 and 2000 points respectively, even just by one point, you get a deathmatch. And please don't tell me otherwise, because I tested this with a whole bunch of combinations of lower and higher and equal PIs.

I do allow room for a possibility that the way one gets to an infinite strike affects how the system behaves in terms of deathmatches. Because I remember once I put high PI champs in the 4th or 5th run by mistake, maybe even for a couple of runs, and then I was getting all easy fights till around match 20 or so. I don't remember exactly what I did so I can't replicate the result, but apparently the whole match assignment deal greatly depends on those 1-10 matches.

I myself use very simple method to get to infinite streak:
    Count down 11 trios going from highest to lowest PI and play them in ascending PI order ending with the highest PI champs on match 11. Then wait 2 hours and then play in descending order, just the way the list of champs appears by default. Never allow the total team PI get lower than 1000 for 2* and 2000 for 3* arena. Easy system - bulletproof results.
    I usually get kang/thanos teams on matches 10, 11, and sometimes even both 12 and 13. Matches 16 to 20 are easy, and then infinite streak kicks in with challenging PI. I get hard matches somewhere around 28-29 and 123-124 and somewhere else in between, cant remember exactly.
    And I go aaaallll the way to the bottom of a list until I can no longer build a team with a total PI of 1000/2000.

For 4* basic arena I haven't figured out much yet. And I don't have many 4* champs so that's why I need to know how high PI I need my 3*s at to stay afloat in the infinite streak.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    4500 PI total, at least. Nothing lower than a 3* Maxed. You can use a 4* 1/10, but I would suggest only one per Match, paired with two Max 3*'s. That's for Basic in the Infinite. Nothing less than R3 in the Featured 4*. As for the 3* Featured, you can use R3's. Not sure what the minimum is, but it's lower.
    edited September 2017
    4500 PI total, at least. Nothing lower than a 3* Maxed. You can use a 4* 1/10, but I would suggest only one per Match, paired with two Max 3*'s. That's for Basic in the Infinite. Nothing less than R3 in the Featured 4*. As for the 3* Featured, you can use R3's. Not sure what the minimum is, but it's lower.

Thanks, man! I'll try and let ya know if it worked for me.. :blush:
    NikPike wrote: »

Thanks, man! I'll try and let ya know if worked for me.. :blush:

No worries. The 4* Featured is the same as the Cat Arenas. Building a Streak is different. For the Featured, you use two R3/R4s for Sandbagging 9-15 and one 4* 1/10. Then R4+ for 16-18, then R3 and up after that. For the Cat Arenas, same formula, but use 1*'s instead of 1/10s. Good luck.
    No worries. The 4* Featured is the same as the Cat Arenas. Building a Streak is different. For the Featured, you use two R3/R4s for Sandbagging 9-15 and one 4* 1/10. Then R4+ for 16-18, then R3 and up after that. For the Cat Arenas, same formula, but use 1*'s instead of 1/10s. Good luck.

Or how I hate to play those sandbagged teams. One weak fella who's just boring to play against and one hard one with possibility to loose.
    I never bother with sandbagging myself. I rely only and only on my skill. With a team of 3*s I can take down a team of 4*s that is double in PI. ;)

Or how I hate to play those sandbagged teams. One weak fella who's just boring to play against and one hard one with possibility to loose.
    I never bother with sandbagging myself. I rely only and only on my skill. With a team of 3*s I can take down a team of 4*s that is double in PI. ;)

Good work. I still Sandbag. It's just easier for me to save my energy. Long Grinds have me frustrated enough when the AI is nutso and I'm tired. Lol. Depends on my level of patience. I don't focus on High Streak as much as Points. Some of my best Grinds were done when I kept going after losing a Streak. It's all about Total Points. :)
    Good work. I still Sandbag. It's just easier for me to save my energy. Long Grinds have me frustrated enough when the AI is nutso and I'm tired. Lol. Depends on my level of patience. I don't focus on High Streak as much as Points. Some of my best Grinds were done when I kept going after losing a Streak. It's all about Total Points. :)

Exactly, that is precisely why I always want the highest PI champ possible in a team. That yields more points. And if I loose - well, there's a lesson if every lost fight. =)

Exactly, that is precisely why I always want the highest PI champ possible in a team. That yields more points. And if I loose - well, there's a lesson if every lost fight. =)

For sure. One reason I don't bother with Featured 4*'s is I don't like running Suicides. They increase Points, but it's too much switching Masteries. They're good for the Arena, but not that useful for War. Lol.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    This is my method for basic 4* arena...(I did not created it, but made a tweak to it.)
    fights:
    1-7 (Any 3* below 4/40)
    8-9 (3* 4/40)
    10-14 (4* 4/40)
    15-19 (4* 3/30)
    20+ (3* 4/40, 4* 2/20 up)
    I'm at 200 max win streak now. Sadly, most of the time, when I loose, it's because of lag.
    I'm fairly new in this game, May 2017, and my roster is not that big.
    2x teams of 4* 4/40
    4x teams of 4* 3/30
    2x teams of 4* 2/20
    5x teams of 3* 4/40
    I've reached 5.6m pts in second Dormammu.
  • 5C0T5C0T Posts: 28
    @NikPike - I'm just starting out, trying to get onto this mythical infinite streak in the Summoner's Trials. I don't have a really expansive roster yet, but I've got to the 9+ rounds, made sure my team was more than 1000 total PI, and then ended up with a kill-squad. Can you walk through your process a little more detailed?

Like are you using 2* heroes that are maxed out? Any other details that a newbie like me wouldn't recognize until you point it out? I'm starting to wonder if Kabam has updated the game to prevent infinite streaks (although I know it's probably just my ignorance or lack of skill).

Thx!
  • 5C0T5C0T Posts: 28
    @NEO_mr_Anderson - Could you jot down the general fight levels and the champs you would use for Summoner Trials max success?

I was excited to get a 20-win streak, then got a death squad. So I wondered if I did something wrong.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    5C0T wrote: »
    @NEO_mr_Anderson - Could you jot down the general fight levels and the champs you would use for Summoner Trials max success?

I was excited to get a 20-win streak, then got a death squad. So I wondered if I did something wrong.

For summoner trials you can use rank 2/20 2*s if you are a good enough fighter. Otherwise stick with teams of max ranked 3/30 2*s.
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    i've used a team of ~5100 in basic arena and gotten a kill team before. i might've been using a boost though and maybe it doesn't take boosts into account. one of my champs was also not r4 yet (3*). so i would say 5100+ (3x 1700+), but make sure the 3* are at least rank 4/1 (no need to max)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I don't really like judging my infinite streak strategy based on PI, I just judge it on "Must be at least rank x and above". I'm not saying basing it on PI is wrong, but it's just not how I do it.

I believe the minimum PI strategy uses base PI (which would mean excluding boosts and likely synergy from experience). There was one time I had a 20% boost on, and I used my maxed 3* in the T4B arena streak 29 and got deathmatched even though their cumulative PI is >6000.

The problem with this strategy is not the fact it uses base PI, but that you don't exactly know how much base PI cumulative your team of 3 has. So you add a 3* 3/30...and maybe a 3* 4/40 and a 4* 3/25 (not a typo) and you look at the PI, hey, looks like it just might make through 5100PI. Wrong, you get deathmatched. So for me, I don't really like a PI based strategy. The easiest and most reliable way are ranks, and we are talking about maxed ranks, so don't go in thinking "Hey, my 4* is only 3/15 but it should be alright!"

The rank based strategy bases it on only maxed ranks, and I think it is pretty reliable for me, and also more straightforward. It's basically "For all champs, bring at least 4* 3/30 or stronger", simple and clear. Rather than "From the addition of all your champ's base PI, they must add up to 5100 or higher" which takes some math calculations and assumptions when the cumulative PI is close to the minimum.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hints for T4B arena?

I tried a max 3* team (6400 PI) at round 25 and got smashed by a 26k team even though the preceding 5 or so fights were reasonably matched by PI after the first few death teams.

For basic arena, I make 150k using 3* then its 4* 3/30 or better until 20, then I sneak 3* teams in that are above 6k PI or great at what they do, I can do maybe 250/280k a round in the basic after the first round.

Use garbage or unranked **** until the 3x multiplier, then all the maxed 3*, start at the top of 4* and work my way down.

If I use 3*, I use heavy hitters, power drains and good bleeders but I don''t go too deep into the roster because blowing the streak sucks and most of my 3* roster is **** (only have 68 with maybe 21 maxed)

I am only a 160k player with a max streak of 160 so take the above with a hearty handful of sodium chloride.

Stronger teams really make better streaks so don't try to run minimum teams just to make points because it bites you on the arse.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Hints for T4B arena?

I tried a max 3* team (6400 PI) at round 25 and got smashed by a 26k team even though the preceding 5 or so fights were reasonably matched by PI after the first few death teams.

For basic arena, I make 150k using 3* then its 4* 3/30 or better until 20, then I sneak 3* teams in that are above 6k PI or great at what they do, I can do maybe 250/280k a round in the basic after the first round.

Use garbage or unranked **** until the 3x multiplier, then all the maxed 3*, start at the top of 4* and work my way down.

I

Yea that's the problem with the PI strategy...

Anyway, for T4B arena, safe champs are anyone who is at least 4* 3/30 or higher. I'd recommend not trying to gamble a 3* into the team, my alliance mate did that once and lost his streak to a deathmatch.

In summary:
    Streaks 15-20: 4* 4/40 or higher (4* 3/30 works, but sometimes, you can get deathmatched)
    Streaks 21+: 4* 3/30 or higher (3* 4/40 works, but sometimes, you can get deathmatched)
    5C0T wrote: »
    @NikPike - I'm just starting out, trying to get onto this mythical infinite streak in the Summoner's Trials. I don't have a really expansive roster yet, but I've got to the 9+ rounds, made sure my team was more than 1000 total PI, and then ended up with a kill-squad. Can you walk through your process a little more detailed?

Like are you using 2* heroes that are maxed out? Any other details that a newbie like me wouldn't recognize until you point it out? I'm starting to wonder if Kabam has updated the game to prevent infinite streaks (although I know it's probably just my ignorance or lack of skill).

Thx!

Hey, sorry for late reply. I'll share with you a little video I've made for a guy in my alliance. It's mostly for 3* arena, but the principle is the same. And if you have questions after - feel free to ask.
    Also, make sure you have the basic skills needed for the hard play. Without them you won't stand a chance against harder AI in infinite streak. Check these links:
    https://youtu.be/OPH60F-IETI
    https://youtu.be/fIaGpZgmQJs
    https://youtu.be/VRPXxHrgDnY
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    can you use 1/25 5 star champs after you get the streak in the 4 star featured arena?