**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Resistance to Armour Break

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
I've wondered elsewhere about buffing Luke Cage by giving him resistance to Armour Break as part of his Sig (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/77116#Comment_77116). After reading Medusa's abilities (not to mention Gwenpool's insane Armour Break on her SP3), I thought it was an idea potentially worthy of throwing out there into it's own thread.

We already have a variety of Champions and Masteries providing Bleed and Poison resistance or immunity; but the only characters who can currently reduce armour breaks are those who can shrug off any debuff; which is currently a much higher-level ability than this one.

However, there are several armoured characters whose comics or film versions clearly display the ability to repair themselves, and given the increasing number of characters with very nasty armour breaks, I wondered if it was time some older characters got specific resistance to this threat.

My thoughts on eligible characters:
Hulkbuster (Armour Repair is clearly "Veronica's" major ability in the 2nd Avengers movie)
Superior Iron Man (His symbiote armour repairs itself; this could be a way to differentiate him OG Iron Man)
Colossus (Armour Ups could cancel out an existing Armour Break)
Luke Cage (could have escalating immunity to being Broken with his Sig; but would have no ability to shrug off any breaks that do occur)
Ultron (should at least remove Armour Breaks during his self repair)
Ms Marvel (could have escalating ability to shrug off AB with her Sig, which would actually suit the concept of 'Morphogenetics' and her elastic skin)

So, that's my pitch: Armour Break resistance. Any thoughts?

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Not a bad idea. I can see it for champs like Colossus, and Cage being that its not a armor they ware but its part of them, and as such unless the skin is split it would not be broken. I don't see it for any Iron man armor or Ulton because armor break only last a set time now, and that can be contributed to the repairing system.