**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Double Take Champs

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
Alright, we need some levity and light-hearted discussion. At least I do, anyway. What Champ did you not enjoy using at first, or have had difficulty with, and warmed up to? There have been a few for me. I could never get into Rhino and his mechanics, but I've started getting into him. Karnak is another. I found him awkward to use at first, but I find him to be a powerhouse when used right. Psylocke took some warming up to for me. Great uses, just had to get used to her.
What Champs have you given a double take to? Feel free to share your experiences. Who did you have to get used to? Who did you give a second glance to? Thought it would be nice to have a friendly discussion.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Not exactly what I was talking about, but thanks for the chuckle. Lol.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Magik.
    When I pulled her 4* I ranked her to 3/30 and left her to collect dust.
    I was advised to awaken her, which I did with a gem, and put a few stones into her.
    I took her to rank 4 and used her to clear power gain paths in act 5 and did completion of Bautista Bomb with her.

I'm not going to rank 5 her because I'll pull her from my next 5* crystal if I do
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Magik.
    When I pulled her 4* I ranked her to 3/30 and left her to collect dust.
    I was advised to awaken her, which I did with a gem, and put a few stones into her.
    I took her to rank 4 and used her to clear power gain paths in act 5 and did completion of Bautista Bomb with her.

I'm not going to rank 5 her because I'll pull her from my next 5* crystal if I do

It reminds me of VP. He's been sitting at 1/10 for the longest time. I keep meaning to Rank him. I've always had a hard time getting into the hybrid. I have a feeling he would make this list. I just have to Rank him. Lol.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    CM felt really bad when I first got her and took her out for a spin when she got duped and boy was I wrong she pretty much was in my A team for 4 months until I got hulk and ultron
  • My four star punisher. I was lucky to grab him early in the game from an arena crystal.

Then I duped him when the uncollected arena crystals came out and was like Oh Snap!

But then this dude seatin, he plays the same game, convinced me that there is a good chance people were getting 4* versions erroneously as the server was trying to award a 5*, but failing to do so.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    sw had her around pb first four star but twas a noob back then and didnt undertand how to properly so i kept her at rank 2 now she is 5 50 80 sig and almost always apart of either my aq or aw attack team
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Old man Logan. Had him at 3/30 duped for ages and never used him much, everyone said he was awful so I didn't think much of him. Started using him, realised his potential and now use my 5/50 for pretty much everything except defence.

Cable was another. His damage output isn't great but he's pretty useful utility wise after some practice. Also fun to use I find. I quite like him, just takes too long to take out AQ opponents but other than that he's decent.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Dormammu… For some reason his abilities are lit but his stansitions are clunky so he's a defender until I can get better

Gwenpool as first was awkward as well as her Sp2 Enervate and bleed consumption took time to get used to

Lastly I'm still heavily working with X23 as an anti-Mordo champ

And Ultron I have to remember he CAN evade
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Somewhat in line with this premise for me is Ultron. At times, I hate using him, and want to repurpose him as a can opener. Other times, he just works so very well and I give him a hearty fist-bump after the fight.
    But for me, it's OGBP. I pulled him out of two 5* crystals, back to back, and hated him. Swore to never rank him past 2 for arena. Now, he's always in my quest team or on AW attack, and went to r4 for lack of better options.