**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hurricane Harvey & Irma (Shame on You Kabam)

This was an incredible opportunity for Kabam to use its tremendous player base to really make a difference. Offer up a Harvey and Irma package. Something amazing, that if you buy it all proceeds go to help Hurricane Harvey and Irma victims. That would be a real stand up thing to do, and I am sure the community would come out to support it.
I am thinking an class option r5 5* package. Everything you need to take 1, 5 star up to r5 plus a class specific 5* awakening gem. ($250).

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Not sure it's that simple. All their transactions run through a 3rd party app store so it would have to be worked out with them in advance. Probably not something that can be done overnight.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    deleated
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    MadMarks wrote: »
    This was an incredible opportunity for Kabam to use its tremendous player base to really make a difference. Offer up a Harvey and Irma package. Something amazing, that if you buy it all proceeds go to help Hurricane Harvey and Irma victims. That would be a real stand up thing to do, and I am sure the community would come out to support it.
    I am thinking an class option r5 5* package. Everything you need to take 1, 5 star up to r5 plus a class specific 5* awakening gem. ($250).

If you want to really help, donate directly. You shouldn't "donate" expecting something in return

Its not about whether we want to donate. No US based foundation is going to go to all second world and third world countries to get relief for a first world country.

It is part of Corporate Social Responsibilty of any corporate to assist the country its based in. Kabam has a world wide base. I cannot 'donate directly' to US from India.

Also, it doesnt take anything except coding time to make virtual items, so i dont see why not.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Well said, @Dark_King888
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    @MadMarks

Maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror before saying things like shame on you. If you want to donate to the hurricane relief there are plenty of avenues to do so. Trying to get something in return for your donation is the real shame.

Ya, pretty pathetic post by the OP no doubt. I'll help out but only if i get something for it!!!!!
  • Kabam did not make hurricane Harvey and they don't owe the victims money. For those of you saying they haven't done enough I'd love to know the true answer to how much you have done. Get off their back.
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Hey Everybody,

Unfortunately, due to various regulations and reasons, we weren't able to offer a special in app purchase like we have in the past with Apps for Earth and (RED). So, instead of not doing anything at all, we’ve opted to help build awareness and hopefully drive donations!

Additionally, this hit home for many of us at Kabam and we've been putting together various drives and events internally across our US and Canadian offices in an effort to help out as well.

What regulations? Reasons? Sorry this sounds like a cop out
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Is it really a player's duty or place to tell Kabam how to run their Corporate Social Responsibility programme?
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Is it really a player's duty or place to tell Kabam how to run their Corporate Social Responsibility programme?

Mate, i did not say shame on you, i was looking at the thread, and only suggested Kabam could run it thru CSR which is part of every corporate. That said, Only Kabam knows the legal and policy implications, i would have loved to contribute this way, is all I said. No ones asking for anything in return, its just to get a wider base. Hope that clears what you may have found offensive.
    edited September 2017
    @TheSickmaster @danielmath

You guys attack me and don't know anything about me at all. My own company has donated Thousands of dollars and resources to helping out the relief effort.
    This post isn't about me, it is about mobilizing a community around the world.

@Kabam Miike
    Thanks for the response, If it can't be done then it can't be done. I could only imagine the type to revenue you guys would have been able to send to the effort, because I am sure almost everyone in the world wide community would have heard and responded to the call to action.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited September 2017
    I am in south florida and I am actually offended by this thread....

Why do you need kabam or anyone else to incentivize you to help? If you want to help..... DO IT!!! Call the red cross, go volunteer, get off your butt and help!

To attack a for profit company for not doing what you should do out of the kindness of your own heart is shameful. Do me a favor... don't bother.
  • MadMarks wrote: »
    @TheSickmaster @danielmath

You guys attack me and don't know anything about me at all. My own company has donated Thousands of dollars and resources to helping out the relief effort.
    This post isn't about me, it is about mobilizing a community around the world.

@Kabam Miike
    Thanks for the response, If it can't be done then it can't be done. I could only imagine the type to revenue you guys would have been able to send to the effort, because I am sure almost everyone in the world wide community would have heard and responded to the call to action.

Do you own "your company" or are you taking credit for donations someone like wal mart or kraft has made? I ask this because you came off in this thread as needing some gift or reward to help people.. whether you intended it that way or not.
    edited September 2017
    Yes, I own my business. And I practice what I preach
    Yes, I own my business.

So are you, yourself making those donations or is the company doing a tax right off? Can you tell me why you needed rewards to donate? Kabam did send out a donation request in game if you missed it.. they just didn't offer you anything for that donation.
    Re-read my post, none of what anyone is attacking me for is in my post.
    Have a nice day
    Re-read my post, none of what anyone is attacking me for is in my post.
    Have a nice day

can I ask why you just flagged my post? I'm one of the people you want to "donate" to yet when I question your motives you want someone to shut me up? lol
This discussion has been closed.