**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champ Revamp - Groot

Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
edited September 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I think Groot could be a really fun character will a few really easy buffs.

Special 1
Add Bleed - A good bleed like Hawkeye. Also when his signature ability has generated buffs make the bleed lacerate causing double the damage.

Special 2
Change the special to a difficult ranged attack. Perhaps a throws his arm at you like a spear that attacks 2 or 3 times but can hit you from any position on the screen. This attack should also cause intense bleed, But evadable with skill, like hulk buster.

Special 3
This one is ok , but it should instantly set off his signature ability, and rocket should provide him with a unique buff that stays for the reminder of the fight. This ability would be added to the signature ability and Groot would have to be awakened to utilize. Also unique buffs would be stackable

Buffs could include
Increased Bleed - 50%
Increase Regen - 50%
Double All Buffs

He also should be immune to electric attacks.

As for regen:
Hold block for 1.5 seconds to trigger regen. A cool down timer can trigger of 6 seconds. When the Rocket buff is active regen can increase and be stacked.

Heavy attack
It would be neat to have a projectile spear thrown. Unblockable, that triggers a 100% bleed if struck. With a chance to cause a open wound that would weaken an opponent. In this weakened state the opponents power is drained, and the opponents attacks have a percentage to miss.

Friendly nature:
This has a ok mechanic. Also add the ability to manually trigger it. Dash back and hold block for 3 secs. The icon should be a different color that the regen.

This would turn Groot in to a true bad ass offensively and defensively.

Comments

• Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    YES
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    I like groot but sadly.....He's working as intended
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    could be, but no, he sucks
  • Options
    All champs should have a balance in offense and defense. Since we can only use 5 champs in aw, and with bases never coming. They need to give him a buff.
  • Options
    Adding bleed would make him a offensive beast.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Hmmm, I get where you are coming from and those are solid ideas... but they don't fit Groot. The whole concept behind Groot is a pacifist until you make him angry and he smashes you. His damage is actually fine once he drops pacifism charges, the problem he has is that he can't reliably build up those charges or release them fast enough.

His base kit is already pretty decent in that he acts well as a defensive healing wall (that is bleed immune) and CAN get up to a lot of damage if he stacks buffs.

All they have to do is change it to every hit on Groot can add pacifism charges and cause him to spawn buffs, and then he can also force activate them by using special 1 or special 3, or eat the rest of his pacifism charges to heal more on the special 2.

He already has a bleed on special 3, and his special 1 ignores armor. Having a ranged heavy attack is too much because you could perma heavy attack an enemy into the wall without being near them. Adding bleeds to the rest of his kit also doesn't feel much like Groot. He defeats people by smashing them, not slicing them.

All in all though I can appreciate the creativity. Would be nice if they buffed Groot to be sure. Nice post.
  • Options
    ^^ I agree with above. I just don't think groot is meant to be that type of offensive champ. A badass tree? Lol
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Right now he is firewood. But just watching how bad ass he is in the movie and here he is about as dangerous as a toothpick.