**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Some constructive feedback on the new AW.

As we all know, there has been massive controversy on the forums and other MCOC media sites over a new introduction - Defender Diversity.

I personally believe that Defender Diversity (Referred to as DD from here on out) was an innovative and creative way of shaking up alliance wars. The old AW was slowly getting stale, and changes were certainly needed.

However, I believe it was implemented in am incorrect manner. A bit more openness to responses from the community would be nice, but I'm sure it's frustrating to hear constant whining and moaning.

This is why I have a proposed solution that may make both sides happy.

1) Bring back defender kills in a lesser manner.
Defender kills were a massive part of the old AW, with people ranking up champs specifically for defense. (Not asking for RDTs, don't burn me at the stake) So, I believe that lowering the amount of points per defender kill is a good change. A suggestion would be for 150 defender kills to have the points equivalent to 150 diversity across the ally.

You may be thinking "But DD will be caped at 114? once Kabam has fixed the current bug." And you'd be correct. That brings me to point numero due.

2) Keep DD as per bg. This will encourage more diversity and prevent the dreaded "Mystic Wars" (Looking at you BG). In combination with my first suggestion, this will give alliances the option of going for pure diversity for max DD points, pure God tier defenders for max Defender Kills, or a hybrid. The mix and match possibilities are endless, and this will bring a whole new meta to AW.

My final suggestion is: EVERYONE CHILL OUT. (Loud noises) Yes Kabam has "ruined" your defense, made wars a "participation reward", or whatever eles you have to say. However, these guys do listen. You may not see it immediately, but they are certainly paying attention constantly. Leave them suggestions constructively, like ad0ra said. Be kind. You can get your, and our points across with respect.

Leave (constructive) comments and thoughts below! Thanks for reading my essay.

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    We would not need defender diversity if we didn't have so many heroes that weren't terrible. We have duplicate heroes like Ms Marvel and CM and the iron family is just meh. We have multiple versions of spiderman with Spidey Gwen being the worst. The solution to spidey gwen isn't diversity. The solution is to make her useful and don't churn out more heroes like Carnage.

Further, if you look at how Kabam names the champs some are offensive and some are defensive....others are a hybrid. Diversity is making us put champs specified by them in their nomenclature as offensive on defense.
  • My alliance has been tier 1 for a long time and never gotten 100% in 3 battle groups and I don't recall having seen us fight an opponent that had 100% in 3 groups. Now we've had 3 wars with all 100% finishes across all groups. Two wars have been decided by a slight difference in diversity and one was decided by defender rating. The only competitive fights are the bosses and even some of those aren't hard.

My constructive criticism is do something besides this because this isn't good :/