**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does Ultron evade?

R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
His evade is not an issue or concern, when fighting him, so not the point here. I have always understood why champs of the spider class, BW, etc. evade but I never understood why Ultron does. My knowledge of him is limited to him in the Avengers movie, which sheds no light. So is there something in the comics with his abilities that created a reasoning for him to have evade?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Why not? He’s awesome
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why not? He’s awesome

LOL, fair enough answer. Curiosity finally got me wondering
    3ul3r wrote: »
    robots are fast and can make quicker decisions
    Makes sense. Thanks
  • His evade makes sense if you watch Age of Ultron (he can fly and move very fast).. his bleed though? Still don't get that one... NC, Psylocke, and Angela all have swords yet no bleed... he has robot fingers and bleeds? lol
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    His evade makes sense if you watch Age of Ultron (he can fly and move very fast).. his bleed though? Still don't get that one... NC, Psylocke, and Angela all have swords yet no bleed... he has robot fingers and bleeds? lol

Well, that wouldn't add up, since there is even faster characters who also fly. But I don't remember him showing any true feats of speed to put him in a class of "speed"

The bleed is kind of funny
  • TortoigTortoig Posts: 32
    His evade makes sense if you watch Age of Ultron (he can fly and move very fast).. his bleed though? Still don't get that one... NC, Psylocke, and Angela all have swords yet no bleed... he has robot fingers and bleeds? lol

NC has deep wounds, which are working like some kind of bleed, but with Psylocke and Angela... thats a good point :)
    Amonthir wrote: »
    I imagine he has sharp, claw-like fingers, perfect for rending meat-bag flesh. The evade, yes, it's a computed function where his AI can predict the next move. But it's run on Android, so the load for it is slow, and instead of evading every-damn-thing, it only loads up once per 7 seconds for a brief time.
    LOL, probably the best answer to this. Makes sense and sheds a lot of light on why its only every 7 seconds. Damn Androids
    Its funny he's been apart of this game for so long now and hasn't learned. He will never be a "Legend" while running on Android
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

What about Vision then? One would argue he is even smarter than Ultron too, but he is unable to think about evading an incoming attack?

I am just being devils advocate here, not trying to argue lol

What about Vision then? One would argue he is even smarter than Ultron too, but he is unable to think about evading an incoming attack?

I am just being devils advocate here, not trying to argue lol

Solid point!
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Kabam just decided to give him every ability in the game at the time he was created
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Wouldn't vision. Defeat the metal finger bleed argument too

Nah, Vision's fingers are rounded, like a human's, as that is how he was created. Ultron is a killing machine! As for why Vision won't evade, is because he never got the full download from Ultron, and that last few % was the Evade program, so sad. And he is too good and honorable to do such a tricksy thing like Evade anyway, that is why he can heft that Mjolnir thing! Or something?
    As for OG Vision, uh... ... ... A wizard did it.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    his bleed though? Still don't get that one...

Have a friend of yours grab a metal gauntlet and have him punch you in the face as hard as you can. I can guarantee you would bleed :P
    As for the Evade, I'm willing to buy the OS glitch thing. Good thing Tony never technically fully finished his body or OS. :P
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    his bleed though? Still don't get that one...

Have a friend of yours grab a metal gauntlet and have him punch you in the face as hard as you can. I can guarantee you would bleed :P
    As for the Evade, I'm willing to buy the OS glitch thing. Good thing Tony never technically fully finished his body or OS. :P

Ive always understood the bleed from that perspective. The part that makes no sense is Vision not having the same capabilitiy. But funny because some champs with swords don't bleed. I get its a balance thing though in many cases
  • SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    @Tortoig who is NC?
    Skimbobbor wrote: »
    @Tortoig who is NC?
    Night Crawler. But he does have a form of bleed, its just instant bleed
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    What vision needs is to have his intangibility be useful, it's only shown in his sp3. In Avengers AOU and civil war, they showed his use of it pretty well, going through walls and stuff. Would be really cool to see vision get this type of defensive ability. It could be like he has a chance to go through a projectile attack (like let's say starlord 2nd part of his sp2 where he shoots his gun, or Hawkeyes l1, or gp's l1... projectiles lol.) I know it'd make him an annoying fight now, but it'd be cool. It could be like if he's stunned while the special is activated, he won't have a chance to go through the attack. Or something like that.
    What vision needs is to have his intangibility be useful, it's only shown in his sp3. In Avengers AOU and civil war, they showed his use of it pretty well, going through walls and stuff. Would be really cool to see vision get this type of defensive ability. It could be like he has a chance to go through a projectile attack (like let's say starlord 2nd part of his sp2 where he shoots his gun, or Hawkeyes l1, or gp's l1... projectiles lol.) I know it'd make him an annoying fight now, but it'd be cool. It could be like if he's stunned while the special is activated, he won't have a chance to go through the attack. Or something like that.

Basically, the same ability as Hood
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    edited September 2017
    It's quite obvious why he can evade, Ultron is an horrifically deadly A.I creation of Tony Stark (Iron Man). Overtime he's become highly adaptable to all situation that stand in his way which ia one of many that define as one of the most threatning Marvel villians. To demonstrate his processing ability being the world's most dangerous A.I threat ever to come to MCOC he evade certain attacks indicating he's always one step ahead of organic life (humans).
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    You all say Tony Stark created ultron, in the MCU, yes. But didn't Pym create him in the comics? Serious question.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Don't think according to physics/science... It is kabam's game and they do what they want.. if u wanna use logic here than there are many illogical things with other champs.... So just try to play for fun and enjoy the abilities of champs which are given to them by kabam....
    #VVIP#
    edited September 2017
    Svain wrote: »
    You all say Tony Stark created ultron, in the MCU, yes. But didn't Pym create him in the comics? Serious question.

From my understanding you are correct.

EDIT: Googled it. Was Hank Pym
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Svain wrote: »
    Age of ultron's version of ultron made by tony and.... LOL version of ultron made by PYM...
    So the movie version and comic version of ultron ..they both exist in this game....#VVIP#
    Crusher wrote: »
    Don't think according to physics/science... It is kabam's game and they do what they want.. if u wanna use logic here than there are many illogical things with other champs.... So just try to play for fun and enjoy the abilities of champs which are given to them by kabam....
    #VVIP#

Question wasn't asked in regard to anything of that nature.

But an answer was giving that seems to make logical sense.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    R4GE wrote: »

Basically, the same ability as Hood

Well just for projectiles i guess. Idk just a thought since that ability is only for show in a god damn sp3 lol.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    I thought the 'final' AoU Ultron we have as a champ was supposed to reflect the various abilities of his drones. They were different classes, and had different abilities.

Actually having gone back to an old site for reference, that's a little wrong; as actually evade is the only ability that AoU Ultron shared with his drones; whilst Classic Ultron has others:

Science Drone: Reflex Algorithm: 12.8% chance of anticipating and avoiding an incoming attack.

Cosmic Drone: Cosmic Radiation: 100% chance to poison, dealing 1028.8% attack over 120 seconds.

Skill Drone: Enervating Field: Reduces opponent's attack by up to 24.1%.

Mystic Drone: Null Field: Prevents any positive effects from being applied to either player.

Mutant Drone: Sonic Disruptor: 100% lower chance of doing a critical attack and 50.4% lower critical damage. Armour break on specials.

Tech Drone: "Nano inhibitors" which inflict heal block. Drone also had permanent Armour Up, and Power Burn on specials.

• Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    edited September 2017
    Is there in comics any reason for gwenpool being a god-tier?