**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ultron vs Iceman - Who to R5 next?

KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
I'm leaning 90% towards Ultron since he is my AQ work horse and a good defender. Iceman is fun, but he's not clearing lanes all week by himself. Any good reason to go with Iceman over Ultron (both duped)? Also have AA, but I think he does enough dmg at R4 and has no defense value so he's on hold.

Comments

• Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Ultron is power-packed champ
    He got immunity with regen
    Better go with him cause he will also help you in questing and save lots of pots
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Ultron is one of the best aq champs out there
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I have left my ultron at r4–and I rarely use him. At least for me, his autoevade causes too many problems with parry and he hits weak. Plus against max md (which you don’t see a ton of now), that autoevade inevitably turned into armor ups which fed me.

Iceman is pretty amazing against nc and spidey and he puts out a ton of damage when his frostbite charges are stacked.

All that being said...probably ultron. It’s tough to beat the double regen for purposes of aq—although I prefer to use x23 throughout aq and bring Hyperion as my poison immune champ. Like I said, never been a fan of ultron but he probably makes more sense. I would disagree about the statement that he’s a good defender—iceman with his cold snap guaranteed damage is a better defender, at least against people who got so used to fighting ultron everywhere in war pre-12.0
  • Options
    SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    Iceman is best
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Well with the recent development and Mephisto being added to the contest, Iceman is one of two counters (the other being Vulture) that can shut down his Aura of Incineration. Granted Mephisto is immune to coldsnap and frostbite, but being immune to the Aura of Incineration seems like a good reason to invest in him. Other than the obvious reasons to use him against evaders, bleeders, and poisoners anyway. Plus Iceman's L2 does some really strong damage and Mephisto isn't immune to that.
  • Options
    Went with Ultron but Iceman will be next week (didn't have the full mutant t4 anyway without selling all my t3s). Ultron is shutting down other team on regen miniboss node (10 kills and counting but they finally got under the 25% threshold).
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Im not saying this to offend your skills in anyway because I am not the greatest either, but as you get better you will appreciate iceman more and not worry about his lack of regen. Triple immunities, anti-evade, great damage output, tank sp3s.
  • Options
    Im not saying this to offend your skills in anyway because I am not the greatest either, but as you get better you will appreciate iceman more and not worry about his lack of regen. Triple immunities, anti-evade, great damage output, tank sp3s.

None taken since I had that exact issue with Hyperion (didn't get the fuss because I wasn't using properly). I definitely appreciate Iceman or it wouldn't even have been a decision though. I just think a good regen champ is essential because I block too much, and Ultron benefits more from r5 than a damage guy like Iceman. I'll have Drake ready by the time Mephisto is all over the place, so I'm not too concerned about that part.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

None taken since I had that exact issue with Hyperion (didn't get the fuss because I wasn't using properly). I definitely appreciate Iceman or it wouldn't even have been a decision though. I just think a good regen champ is essential because I block too much, and Ultron benefits more from r5 than a damage guy like Iceman. I'll have Drake ready by the time Mephisto is all over the place, so I'm not too concerned about that part.

Than ya based on your needs I guess ultron is the way to go especially If you do not have any alternatives for AQ like GR. Having a GR, for me it would be between iceman or AA. I had ultron early on and used him a ton but as my roster got more diverse (and i got annoyed with his auto-evade) I pretty much only use him on AW defense the odd time and he has stayed 4/40. Iceman is also a beast for AW offense.