**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Mephisto Sp3 ignores Ice Armor?

Tried it a couple times dueling a 4/55 dupe mephisto with 4/40 4* dupe Iceman. Icearmor doesn't safeguard his sp3 damage.

Then tried Iceman versus road to labyrinth 4.3 iron patriot. It still safeguards damage.

Did I miss something in mephisto's abilities?

I get that he ignores frostbite and coldsnap. But ignoring ice armor too? Mephisto is the cover boy for Mucinex apparently

Comments

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Read his sig ability/abilities.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    Read his sig ability/abilities.

I just read them again. I'm not seeing it
    edited September 2017
    zji08c0uy5mp.jpg
    Self explanatory.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Must be a bug. Don't see anything like that on his abilities
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    zji08c0uy5mp.jpg
    Self explanatory.

Ice Armor isn’t a passive ability accuracy modifier if that’s what you’re trying to refer to.
    Oh dafuq, I read that wrong dammit. Well, probably a bug.
    zji08c0uy5mp.jpg
    Self explanatory.

Because a buff is a passive ability accuracy modification. If anything I'd question why his soul entrapment doesn't kill buffs at the beginning of the fight like act 5 buffet does. But that's not the case. Iceman starts with ice armor active. Mephisto somehow ignores that armor when no one else does.
  • I'm more interested when the 5* came outd34a3bmpgntm.jpg
    I'm more interested when the 5* came outd34a3bmpgntm.jpg
    Lol today.... where you been?

Lol. That's exactly who I dueled to test my issue too. No doubts on the person. I watched so many pull his 5* today. Not sure I'd r4 him personally. But people go crazy with new champs

He’s bragging dude. Just ignore.
    wookeh wrote: »
    zji08c0uy5mp.jpg
    Self explanatory.

Because a buff is a passive ability accuracy modification. If anything I'd question why his soul entrapment doesn't kill buffs at the beginning of the fight like act 5 buffet does. But that's not the case. Iceman starts with ice armor active. Mephisto somehow ignores that armor when no one else does.

No that’s not how it works. A buff is active. Either way this doesn’t make sense. Either a) his Ice Armor is a passive buff which I could maybe see his sig coming into effect, but it can be nullified so it makes me think it’s an active buff or b) which is more likely that it’s an active buff in which case Mephisto would prevent at the start of the fight but later Iceman should regain Ice Armor and take no more than 5% damage from the L3. Actually the most likely is option c) there’s a bug.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    wookeh wrote: »
    zji08c0uy5mp.jpg
    Self explanatory.

No that’s not how it works. A buff is active. Either way this doesn’t make sense. Either a) his Ice Armor is a passive buff which I could maybe see his sig coming into effect, but it can be nullified so it makes me think it’s an active buff or b) which is more likely that it’s an active buff in which case Mephisto would prevent at the start of the fight but later Iceman should regain Ice Armor and take no more than 5% damage from the L3. Actually the most likely is option c) there’s a bug.

Agreed. Just saying mephisto ability should also kill beginning buffs too. It works for act 5 buffet nodes. But I can go into mephisto fight with Dr Voodoo and have regen the full time allotted. Just ice armor only appears to be active when it's not.

Either way I'm with you on that.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Just tried it. It works, but if mephisto hits u, u won't get ice armor back unless you use l3.