**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lets give credit where deserved | 5.3 is great!

Amid all of the day to day struggles of bugs, overall poor odds, and some BS. Kabam really put some great content out with 5.3!! and I haven't seen them be given enough credit. Class specific challenges rewards people that invest equally in all classes, but at the SAME TIME...it doesn't hinder someone from 100% the chapter. Workable, strategical, challenging content=5 stars in my books (or 6 now i guess?)

New nodes like cornered, insane increased physical resistance, burden of might, etc and mixing in some of the old but good ones. Bane is one of my new favorites (5.2..i know)! Kabam really should take a lot of these concepts to alliance war. There's a handful of characters that are meant for each combination of these new nodes which makes hero selection a premium. Love it! Strategy is the most important element of this game, otherwise its just clicking a screen repeatedly for eternity.

@Kabam Miike i know these forums get a little heavy and I've been salty for sure in the past but let the game designers know they are doing some great stuff in story quests (and on new champion designs...they've been a great mix) right now! Now lets get War back to being a fun, challenging, competitive format..am i right?

Comments

• I hear ya @Animejay70! It's definitely frustrating. I have about 80% of 5.3 done and I'm waiting til all the bugs are finished to get 100%. Tried a few times post update and realized it wasn't going to happen without spending.

My advice would be to only use special 3 for the time being. And use champs that are a little more geared towards that. I've been playing dorm and using soul bond a lot, og vision, x23, etc...Obviously not the intention of this game or the most fun way to play it, but hey! We are all MCOC players so we know how to adapt better than anyone.

On another side note, I am insanely excited for Blade!
  • I agree. 100%ed all the released chapters of act 5 in the first few days they were made available (whiteout spending any $ on them, 5.3 only costed me 7 single lvl1 revives) and 5.3 is pretty fun (not as fun as 5.2 to me). I hope kabam would implement those nodes in war.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I cannot remember the last time i used revive in master event before this update...
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I managed to explore 5.3 100%, but I personally preferred 5.2. The fights were just too long to be enjoyable, with handicapped champs unless from the preferred class.

I also found the Hyperion boss to be a cheap cash grab, it was mostly RNG as to whether he would use his specials in time before hitting SP3 and instant death.

I just enjoyed 5.2 a lot more, all things considered. Whatever, I will ensure I explore 5.4 when it's released and enjoy the (hopefully) exceptional rewards on offer.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    I agree. 5.3 is a great place where to practice power control with different class champions.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Also found 5.3 to be long and dull, and the global is very uninspired. Some of the noded paths offer some tough fights, and outside of Power Gain champs like Cable and OG Vision, the Power reserve lines are kinda fun with all of the baiting back and forth.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Amid all of the day to day struggles of bugs, overall poor odds, and some BS. Kabam really put some great content out with 5.3!! and I haven't seen them be given enough credit. Class specific challenges rewards people that invest equally in all classes, but at the SAME TIME...it doesn't hinder someone from 100% the chapter. Workable, strategical, challenging content=5 stars in my books (or 6 now i guess?)

New nodes like cornered, insane increased physical resistance, burden of might, etc and mixing in some of the old but good ones. Bane is one of my new favorites (5.2..i know)! Kabam really should take a lot of these concepts to alliance war. There's a handful of characters that are meant for each combination of these new nodes which makes hero selection a premium. Love it! Strategy is the most important element of this game, otherwise its just clicking a screen repeatedly for eternity.

@Kabam Miike i know these forums get a little heavy and I've been salty for sure in the past but let the game designers know they are doing some great stuff in story quests (and on new champion designs...they've been a great mix) right now! Now lets get War back to being a fun, challenging, competitive format..am i right?

The Dormammu’s and cables with power reserve were super fun and balanced.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    5.3 was boring and uninspired. I just used a mutant crit team around my 4/55 Magik, haven't used more than a couple revives yet. Cornered means nothing when i can just power lock..
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Yeah. Credit really is due for those really fun and interactive Dormammu's in every map.
  • I see that as a skill fight @LewisTheLlama, bring a champ that won't trigger buffs (OG vision, magik, GP-i know she can't bleed Dorm..i'm not an idiot, Quake, Cap, etc). And don't use dexterity which means parry game better be on point. Also a few options on that list for champs that do damage over time for the 200-300% power gain during that duration.

What would you like Kabam to explore to make these quests fun and interactive? @LewisTheLlama and @Grimmbear

I think its hard when you get at this point in the game to make truly unique difficult content that doesn't anger people for being impossible or BS. For good players, the content is going to be easy unless its BS. Seatin has had some good ideas though in some of his videos for node ideas.
  • I agree @Haji_Saab and I wish I had her or gwenpool as 5*. She's just a very unique character. Power control champs in general are MVP's of many challenges. Power stems to majority abilities. OG vision is my favorite character for that reason. My AW MVP errrryday.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    5.3 seemed boring to me. Just felt like a bunch of champs with lots of health. I'm not looking forward to full exploration, just can't bring myself to do more than like 1 path a week.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Amid all of the day to day struggles of bugs, overall poor odds, and some BS. Kabam really put some great content out with 5.3!! and I haven't seen them be given enough credit.

BAWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    5.3 was just a sludge fest.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Also found 5.3 to be long and dull, and the global is very uninspired. Some of the noded paths offer some tough fights, and outside of Power Gain champs like Cable and OG Vision, the Power reserve lines are kinda fun with all of the baiting back and forth.

I actually liked 5.2 better (apart from the collector). Bane was great once you got used to it, really made you think about how you play. 5.3 was long an dull an the class attack reduction is just stupid.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    5.1 and 5.2 both had some good globals, I agree. 5.3 is just basic, copy+paste, change name and class, meh.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    5.3 needs fun nodes.. Bane, Unblockable finale, Rolling thunder, etc.. too easy to steam roll thru.
    Like a poster above said, it was basically made for Magik.. boost up and ezpz
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    5.3 was the worst of the worst!!! Just dialed up the Defender Rating to make OP opponents, nothing else. It was like they had writers block and just threw something together on Sunday Night at midnight because the assignment was due on Monday.
  • IronBlaze09IronBlaze09 Posts: 114
    I enjoyed the rewards of 5.3 100% (I pulled a tech awakening gem and used it on SL) but it was very long. Most fights took me 200+ hits with wolverine (I didn’t spend any money on exploration)
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I liked 5.3 considering exploring it gave you a 5* awakening. There weren't many bs fights (except iceman). Just skilled
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    For those asking Act 5.3 nodes to be added to AW, be careful with your wish. If bane is added there, you all will have to fight max mystic dispersion Juggernauts there. It's going to be a massive pain.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I liked 5.3 considering exploring it gave you a 5* awakening. There weren't many bs fights (except iceman). Just skilled

Iceman wasn't too hard for me (then again, who am I to say this, I have a R4 5* Iron man heh). The main enemy that really sucked was Dormammu and his nasty degen.