**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Archangel bug / suicides [Under Investigation]

OkkkkayyOkkkkayy Posts: 47
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
If you have liquid courage and double edge and fight archangel you are instantly neurotoxined. I do not believe this is working as intended.

Neurotoxin is activated when Archangel inflicts a bleed on a poisoned target Double edge is a self inflicted bleed.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Fpaez87Fpaez87 Posts: 24
    The fix is adding double edge before liquid courage when setting up your masteries.

If the poison is added before the bleed, it will convert to a neurotoxin.

I agree that it shouldn’t start as a neurotoxin, but at least there’s a way around it.
  • Bahahaha is that for real?!?!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★
    Okkkkayy wrote: »
    Bahahaha is that for real?!?!
    jeps Thah the war to not tigger it

• Cmon kabam. You’re better than this....
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Cmon kabam. You’re better than this....

You would think so
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Bahahaha is that for real?!?!

Just discovered this today. Had to rebuild my masteries to get around this bug. Cost me a 100 units because of this. Pissed.
    So I followed up with customer service on this and they totally stonewalled me - arguing over something that is clearly stated in the character description.

Direct from the champion spotlight:

"Each time Archangel triggers a Bleed effect on an opponent with an active Poison effect that he caused, they are combined, converting into a Neurotoxin charge lasting 15 seconds."

This as clear as day states that Archangel must be the one to inflict the bleed on a poison effect that he caused. He must cause both the bleed and the poison. It says it right there in plain English. Masteries have nothing to do with this. There is no ambiguity here whatsoever on how Neurotoxin works.

And yet they refuse to acknowledge this bug. A bug which negatively impacts players, costs them resources and will be ignored for months. I can't even believe how bad the customer service is. Rather than help the customer they fight with them. I present this as Exhibit A as to why I no longer spend money on this game. Not a good business model.
  • Yea this is ridiculous. Can we get a response?
  • Well he works the way he's supposed to be.
    That's not the issue. It's that if you're fighting Archangel then the Double Edge and Liquid Courage masteries give you automatic Neurotoxin before you ever even touch him. That's a bug.
  • Well he works the way he's supposed to be.

What are you even saying? Lol. Make a valid point please. Or.... actually be invalid if you want just bump this post so kabam can maybe.. pay attention?
  • How can they just ignore this?
  • Few months back there was a similar issue with cable....guys who used suicides placed him in defense would trigger degen as soon as the fight started as cable inflicts degen as soon as he starts to bleed....kabam recently fixed this so that suicides shouldnt interfere with his mechanism....i think kabam shud do the same for Archangel...kabam if u r reading...kindly look into this bug/issue...suicides shouldnt interfere with passive abilities of a champ.
    edited October 2017
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Well I got another update from Customer Support after much back and forth. Ticket AUTO CLOSED. So basically shut up and go away. LOL

Respond to that notification saying the issue isn't resolved, that you refuse to accept this ticket being closed, and request to speak to a supervisor who actually understands English. That's worked in the past with me.

You can't. Once the ticket is auto-closed, further responses get bounced. You have to open a new ticket and the cycle of insanity starts all over again. It's unbelievably bad. In retrospect, it was a total waste of time to even contact customer service to begin with.

Doesn't really matter though. I stopped spending money on this game a while ago. If I was still spending I'm sure I'd be livid though. I stopped grinding like I used to too. When this game ticks me off nowadays I just don't play it. Problem solved. Not going to let it ruin my life.
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for lack of response over here on this. I'm going to reach out to the team and get back to y'all with more information on what's going on with this. Definitely didn't mean for anyone to feel like we were ignoring this. Just want to make sure I get you some solid information on it.

With that said, I've removed a few posts in here that aren't necessary to the topic. Please keep it on topic. I'll update everyone as soon as I can.
  • Update: We were able to confirm it as being an issue and we are investigating possible solutions. I can't give an ETA on when the fix will be, but it's in the works.

In the meantime, what @Fpaez87 said should work in countering that from happening. It's a small workaround, but I know it can be frustrating to have that be the solution at the moment and I apologize greatly for it. :(
    @Kabam Vydious thank you for replying to this thread and for acknowledging this issue.
  • "Each time Archangel triggers a Bleed effect on an opponent with an active Poison effect" so its the poison one that triggers the Neurotoxin since that Masteries can be permanent it will always mix with the bleed.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Update: We were able to confirm it as being an issue and we are investigating possible solutions. I can't give an ETA on when the fix will be, but it's in the works.

In the meantime, what @Fpaez87 said should work in countering that from happening. It's a small workaround, but I know it can be frustrating to have that be the solution at the moment and I apologize greatly for it. :(

That's great to hear and all, but how about dealing with the other issue.... that the "support" team doesn't have understand a lot of the issues and problems sent to them and then closes the "ticket". It's downright frustrating to deal with them and its absurd that we have to run to the forums to get valid bugs and problems addressed.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I love using it to my advantage in arenas. Most of the "hard" matchups in the basic arenas are against players using suicides, so just make sure I would pair up my AA against a champ that could bleed/poison and I'd get a free neuro almost every time.

Also see it periodically in war if we're facing a higher-tier ally. The higher the PI on 4* champs, the more likely they are running suicides. Easy kills.