**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nebula and Blade Well Timed Block [Under Investigation]

Comments

• D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    “Working as intended”
  • D_S_D_S_ Posts: 159
    They even changed the title of the thread lol
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Redwulf67 wrote: »
    I'd just be happy to have a mod acknowledge it at this point.

They have acknowledged it. They've made alot of improvements to Parry. Some are still having issues. The lag seems to be quite bad since the Update. When the controls lag, Parry won't work properly. There is a Thread that has been acknowledged, and they're asking for more information. There will be more people on later today I assume. This weekend was our Thanksgiving, so it was a long weekend. We've had a Mod here everyday. They are aware.

Dude get a life and stop defending kabam...
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Thanks guys for pointing this one out. After looking into it, we found that Parry isn’t having issues, but there are some minor issues with Nebula and Blade. Both of these Champions have abilities that are supposed to activate on a well timed block. These abilities are meant to activate whenever a Parry would, but the timing of a "well timed block" isn't currently lining up with the timing of a "Parry". We will be working on addressing this and will update you here when we have more information on the situation.

Wonder which one of the mods thought this one up. Clever indeed. So @GroundedWisdom is this how they acknowledged that parry isn't working?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Raa wrote: »
    Thanks guys for pointing this one out. After looking into it, we found that Parry isn’t having issues, but there are some minor issues with Nebula and Blade. Both of these Champions have abilities that are supposed to activate on a well timed block. These abilities are meant to activate whenever a Parry would, but the timing of a "well timed block" isn't currently lining up with the timing of a "Parry". We will be working on addressing this and will update you here when we have more information on the situation.

Wonder which one of the mods thought this one up. Clever indeed. So @GroundedWisdom is this how they acknowledged that parry isn't working?

It's consistent with my theory. There are issues with lagging and controls not responding. When the controls don't respond timely, Abilities dependant on Blocking will have issues.

It's consistent with my theory. There are issues with lagging and controls not responding. When the controls don't respond timely, Abilities dependant on Blocking will have issues.

So it was just a theory. Sure felt like u knew what u were talking about.

So it was just a theory. Sure felt like u knew what u were talking about.

It's a theory based on logic. When the controls are wonky, the Abilities follow. It's a theory because I am not a representative of the company and I don't have access to the data. As for the comment on them acknowledging the issues, that is because I observe the Forum.
    edited October 2017

I actually believe that lag causes parry to not work properly as well, but saying that parry still works properly otherwise is BS, even without lag i have issues getting a parry and champs relying on well timed blocks suddenly become bugged? Yeah. Right

I actually believe that lag causes parry to not work properly as well, but saying that parry still works properly otherwise is BS, even without lag i have issues getting a parry and champs relying on well timed blocks suddenly become bugged? Yeah. Right

Not necessarily. The Parry mechanic can be functioning properly. If there are other issues causing controls to lag, those are separate issues. The side-effects of those issues end up in Parry not timing properly. The mechanic itself is still working.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Here's a hint. There are 3 people working on alliance war in all of Kabam. One of them has been sick in the hospital for who knows how long. Probably the prestige guy who never came back to work when we asked what logic they used to determine prestige for new champs and the unending creep upward.

Wow I forgot about the Disappearing Prestige Guy. I hope he is ok :'(

Not necessarily. The Parry mechanic can be functioning properly. If there are other issues causing controls to lag, those are separate issues. The side-effects of those issues end up in Parry not timing properly. The mechanic itself is still working.

Like i said, even without lag, it doesnt work. We can agree that lag messes up the parry timing but in the end, parry, blocking, launching specials just don't work right now. It all got messed up with the release of this hotfix. The lag seemed to come from nowhere and the game is unplayable in difficult content.

Like i said, even without lag, it doesnt work. We can agree that lag messes up the parry timing but in the end, parry, blocking, launching specials just don't work right now. It all got messed up with the release of this hotfix. The lag seemed to come from nowhere and the game is unplayable in difficult content.

Well, that's why I mentioned some may still be having issues with Parry, but for the most part, they've made improvements on it. I'm not debating the mechanics are bad. I've hardly been able to play properly. I'm just saying it's not the Parry itself. It's the lag in controls. It's important to make that distinction because focusing on the Parry won't resolve the issue. Whatever is causing the lag will be more helpful. It's just a matter of looking at the cause rather than the symptom.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

SO instead of fixing parry you're nerfing two champs? Sounds about right.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit - how exactly is it possible that someone in your team assigned a different timer for parry and "well timed block"?
    this is a proof that Parry was changed and nerf and you "forgot" to apply it for other effect of "well timed block".
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    1. I have been talking about the nebula/parry issue since release and if you look far enough back into my posts you can see that.

I was quickly dismissed by the people that just mash-out 5-hit combos without looking and are now able to parry (a much more noob way of playing in my oppinion)

2. Was parry fixed? NO
    Was parry altered? YES
    Was parry altered in favour of the player? NO

Let's face reality, players are getting better, and kabam is running out of ideas of quickly making the game harder to keep up spending. Companies have to be profitable and have to show growth so the progression of this game (where you have better champs, and learn mechanics) counter-acts this.

Have you not noticed that complaints with bugs will never ever favour the player? Bugs that work against the player take forever to get fixed and are never returned to the state they were. While bugs that work in the player's favour are IMMEDIATELY patched.

TLDR; Do not bother complaining because it will never work in your favour and any long-time player has experienced this.
    As sad as this is, after great contemplation best thing we can do is just keep bugs, both good and bad to ourselves. As pathetic as this sounds based on numerous outcomes of bugs, it is the only foreseeable quick resolution.

Was it Albert Einstein who said that insanity was "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

Clearly the methodology the community uses to express its concerns and reporting of various bugs is not working, in addition to Kabam's "fixes".

Are we all insane?
    [

Well, that's why I mentioned some may still be having issues with Parry, but for the most part, they've made improvements on it. I'm not debating the mechanics are bad. I've hardly been able to play properly. I'm just saying it's not the Parry itself. It's the lag in controls. It's important to make that distinction because focusing on the Parry won't resolve the issue. Whatever is causing the lag will be more helpful. It's just a matter of looking at the cause rather than the symptom.

Totally agree with that comment
    edited October 2017

Was it Albert Einstein who said that insanity was "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

Clearly the methodology the community uses to express its concerns and reporting of various bugs is not working, in addition to Kabam's "fixes".

Are we all insane?

Credit was giving to Einstein but that quote isnt even right cuz insane people dont even do that, its fools who do.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★

Are we all insane?

Credit was giving to Einstein but that quote isnt even right cuz insane people dont even do that, its fools who do.

LOL ya insane is defined differently, and less and less used in the psychological assessment community, more disorders now classify things that "insane" used to.

But anyways the entire mcoc community from players to the company keep repeating the same actions towards issues with the game, and nothing is ultimately accomplished. I believe this is the root cause.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. Thanks for the information. I'm going to go ahead and take this to the team.

I've got exactly the opposite problem to the OP, but this seemed a good place to mention it.

I recently acquired and duped Nebula; and took this as a sign to try and use her. I'm repeatedly parrying without shocking the target! Has happened against several opponents with no ability reduction abilities of their own.

It's pretty annoying given the real awkwardness of using her shock charges in the first place (you have to hold block to generate then, but release and re-block to actually use them).

I'm using Motorola G4 on latest version of Android, fully updated.
  • Redwulf67Redwulf67 Posts: 55
    Thanks for deleting my post... Glad to know you you cant stand to hear the truth.

FIX YOUR GAME, and stop trying to use champions skills that are actually working still as a scapegoat.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    So I go do some fights and it doesn’t get that starting parry for some reason.

When you block at the very beginning of the fight and they attack, it’s supposed to be a parry but not the case for me, if this does have something to do with this
    Yes, I changed the parry window and,timing entirely to make it more difficult, and refuse to admit they touched it at all
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Redwulf67 wrote: »
    Some people have been saying its just different timing, but I realized a way to prove its not.

Multiple times while fighting as nebula, I have had well timed blocks proc her shock charges but not proc parry. Since these 2 things have exactly the same requirement; it is incontrovertible evidence that parry is not working.

Counterpoint, they are different things.

How do I know this? Because I have parried with nebula and NOT procced the shocks. Clearly the timing is different for them both. Parry is working fine, and the definitions of well timed block and parry are different.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    It would be interesting hear back from Kabam how they are defined differently. The semantics of the terminology would suggest that they are slightly different.

A "parry" would be an "exceptionally" well timed block and therefore a subset of well timed block. Meaning that if you get a parry, it should always proc shock, but not vice versa.

Or... the terminology is not representative of their intention and they're just different things, which given the limited game controls does not make sense. As a player, I don't have the ability to choose whether I'm going for a well timed block or a parry.
    edited October 2017
    Tell me how these two are different?

parry: timing a block well
    Shock: well timed block

They are the same thing.

Parry is NOT working fine. Hundreds, if not thousands of people who have played this game for years did not suddenly all forget the timing on parry at the same time. They shortened the window or implemented some kind of change to make it more difficult to land.
    95t84bcu5u64.png
    Nebula Shocks on Parry. Well-timed Block/Block timed well, same thing. The issue is with the delay in controls, and not the Parry mechanic itself.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Nebula Shocks on Parry. Well-timed Block/Block timed well, same thing. The issue is with the delay in controls, and not the Parry mechanic itself.

Agreed. I used to think it was Parry but with all the other issues we’re seeing now it’s becoming more apparent that delay is the root cause.