**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Worst and Best Champions in game

Hey there! Cosmicray 13 here and I wanted to know what your favorite champ and least favorite champ as well as the worst and best champ in the game. And make sure to tell me why you like that champ. and maybe (If you want to) you can even say how to play as that champ so that noobs (Like me XD) can know how to play as them. Just thought that would be fun.

cosmicray 13

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    netflix dd is the worst. everybody else has redeeming qualities.
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    rwhack wrote: »
    least favorite has to be a multiple hero tie:
    Shehulk
    Karmala Khan
    Old Man Logan
    Iron Patriot
    War Machine
    Loki
    Netflix DD
    Groot
    Falcon
    Howard the Duck
    Beast

Yup good list.
  • The worst part is I have him as 4 star, I mean at least he does stun
  • I think my favorite is Gambit 1 he’s cool looking and 2 his stun plus damage
    The worst part is I have him as 4 star, I mean at least he does stun

Oh yeah I have OG DD AND Netflix DD So yeah it stinks
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    @rwhack I disagree with your list. Beast is amazing. His bleed stacks, his stun, his regen, his insane specials, he is amazing! he is great for aq. he should not be on that list. EVER. rest I agree, except you forgot carnage

To be fair, he said his list was of his least favorite champs, not weakest champs. Not everyone likes Beast.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Beast either. On paper he's pretty good but in practice I rarely use him outside of the arena. He just doesn't seem to "fit" into any team of three or five I'm creating for any particular purpose.

If we are talking about attackers, then in general at the top of my list of strong attackers I personally use a lot are Hyperion, Gwenpool, Magik, Iceman, OG Vision, Dr. Voodoo, Archangel, StarLord, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine, in no particular order.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    My theory is that the best champs are those that are available as 4* but not available as 5*. This is because if you scale them to 5*, they would be unbeatable. Examples are Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Widow, OG Vision, OG Deadpool, OG Daredevil, Black Bolt and Dr Strange. The case for DS is puzzling though. It could be because if they had taken the old DS and scale it up to 5*, he would become invincible. So they decide to have a less powerful 5* DS, and when they scale it back to 4*, we end up with a wimpy 4* DS.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    @rwhack I disagree with your list. Beast is amazing. His bleed stacks, his stun, his regen, his insane specials, he is amazing! he is great for aq. he should not be on that list. EVER. rest I agree, except you forgot carnage

carnage...joe fixit..hulkbuster...spidey gwen...and a few others...lots of bad champs
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    My theory is that the best champs are those that are available as 4* but not available as 5*. This is because if you scale them to 5*, they would be unbeatable. Examples are Scarlet Witch, Thor, Black Widow, OG Vision, OG Deadpool, OG Daredevil, Black Bolt and Dr Strange. The case for DS is puzzling though. It could be because if they had taken the old DS and scale it up to 5*, he would become invincible. So they decide to have a less powerful 5* DS, and when they scale it back to 4*, we end up with a wimpy 4* DS.

The problem with this theory is that there's no reason to believe that champions like Black Widow and Black Bolt would be unbeatable as a 5* champion. Even Wolverine is potentially beatable by anything with heal block and less useful on any map with intrinsic heal block.

5* Thor using 11.x mechanics would have been a damage king but under 15.x mechanics he doesn't outdamage Star Lord, Stark Spidey, and a few other champions. I'm not sure he would outdamage Hyperion, and all of those are available as 5* champs.

Some champs that are not available yet might eventually become available and just haven't yet. Some might never become available in the foreseeable future because there are problematic issues with scaling them up. But I don't think this is a useful guide to which champions are likely to be the most powerful.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »

The problem with this theory is that there's no reason to believe that champions like Black Widow and Black Bolt would be unbeatable as a 5* champion. Even Wolverine is potentially beatable by anything with heal block and less useful on any map with intrinsic heal block.

5* Thor using 11.x mechanics would have been a damage king but under 15.x mechanics he doesn't outdamage Star Lord, Stark Spidey, and a few other champions. I'm not sure he would outdamage Hyperion, and all of those are available as 5* champs.

Some champs that are not available yet might eventually become available and just haven't yet. Some might never become available in the foreseeable future because there are problematic issues with scaling them up. But I don't think this is a useful guide to which champions are likely to be the most powerful.

And hype should not be a very huge hard hitter because he can spam his 2-3 specials2 at the same time that other hard hitter champs can use their only one special.....

carnage...joe fixit..hulkbuster...spidey gwen...and a few others...lots of bad champs

How could I forget Spide Gwen lol So glad I don't have her. Oh and don't forget Winter Soldier..... Wait is he still bad?

To be fair, he said his list was of his least favorite champs, not weakest champs. Not everyone likes Beast.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Beast either. On paper he's pretty good but in practice I rarely use him outside of the arena. He just doesn't seem to "fit" into any team of three or five I'm creating for any particular purpose.

If we are talking about attackers, then in general at the top of my list of strong attackers I personally use a lot are Hyperion, Gwenpool, Magik, Iceman, OG Vision, Dr. Voodoo, Archangel, StarLord, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine, in no particular order.

Yeah those are the best. I have Iceman and he is SUPER fun to play as. But I don't really know HOW to play with him
    Noggin wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with a couple of those:

1. Beast - I think beast is one of the most mis-understood champs. Let me explain:
    a. In Freestyle mode if you do a M-L-L-L-M combo, he will cause extra damage per hit and cause bleed. If you have the deep wounds mastery these bleeds can cause quite a bit of damage.
    b. Charge up and fire off his SP3 and you can actually increase his attack by 150% for the remainder of the fight!
    c. Fire off an SP2 and you can switch to Acrobat mode. In this mode, use a M-L-L-M combo and you can HEAL up to 1000ish (at Rank 5) health per combo. That's some of the best healing in the game!

So ... 150% extra attack, healing and bleed? One of the better champs in the game, really ... must be duped tho.

2. Loki - You may or may not know this, but Loki can STEAL buffs from their opponents! I love using him against Ironman/SIM/Iron Patriot/Wolvie/X23/Venompool/Red Deadpool/etc. if you hit them with an SP1 Loki will steal their regen. Thus stopping their regen and healing you! He can be very useful in these instances.

3. War Machine with max deep wounds can cause some SERIOUS bleed damage on his SP1. He also armors up pretty well and does well on armor up nodes in AW.

4. Falcon - Sometimes you need to fight a champ who has a buff that you really don't want to trigger (regen, evade, etc). Falcon (when duped) can lock on to an opponent with his redwing (dash back and hold block for 4 or so seconds). When redwing is locked on ... your opponent can not trigger buffs. This can be super helpful against "spikes" buff, electro's shock damage, spidey or Nightcrawler's evade, etc). In addition, his SP1 does pretty good bleed damage as well.

So ... some of these champions can have some utility use, but in general, I agree if I staring at a good champ like Stark Spidey vs. War Machine ... I'm gonna rank Sparky all day long ...

The rest pretty much garbage ... I'd add to the list:

Carnage
    Phoenix
    Hulkbuster
    Joe Fixit
    Miles Morales

I thought Miles and Phoenix were good champs
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Carnage is by far the worst champ in the game. His only redeeming quality is his prestige.

Even spider gwen can out damage carnage.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Carnage is by far the worst champ in the game. His only redeeming quality is his prestige.

Even spider gwen can out damage carnage.

I didn't he was THAT bad. good to know XD
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556

How could I forget Spide Gwen lol So glad I don't have her. Oh and don't forget Winter Soldier..... Wait is he still bad?

I do... From a 4 star crystal right after a juggie.
    SummonerB2 wrote: »

I do... From a 4 star crystal right after a juggie.

Ouch Sorry man that's the worst.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Favorite? Guillotine. Smooth attacks, some niche utility, decent bleeds, some lifegain when awoken, but I just... like her.
    Least Favorite? Groot. Clunky, weak, boring.
    Best in game? Highly variable, as it depends on game mode. SL, Ice, AA, Spark, SW, GP, DV, Magik, Hype, etc, etc.
    Worst? Groot. Man, you are such garbage, I would prefer Carbage. I mean, yeah, bleed immune, some regen on L2, but so... ugh to play. I vastly prefer playing as anyone else. LC, SG, IP, HB, all play so much better.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295

1. Beast - I think beast is one of the most mis-understood champs. Let me explain:
    a. In Freestyle mode if you do a M-L-L-L-M combo, he will cause extra damage per hit and cause bleed. If you have the deep wounds mastery these bleeds can cause quite a bit of damage.
    b. Charge up and fire off his SP3 and you can actually increase his attack by 150% for the remainder of the fight!
    c. Fire off an SP2 and you can switch to Acrobat mode. In this mode, use a M-L-L-M combo and you can HEAL up to 1000ish (at Rank 5) health per combo. That's some of the best healing in the game!

So ... 150% extra attack, healing and bleed? One of the better champs in the game, really ... must be duped tho.

2. Loki - You may or may not know this, but Loki can STEAL buffs from their opponents! I love using him against Ironman/SIM/Iron Patriot/Wolvie/X23/Venompool/Red Deadpool/etc. if you hit them with an SP1 Loki will steal their regen. Thus stopping their regen and healing you! He can be very useful in these instances.

3. War Machine with max deep wounds can cause some SERIOUS bleed damage on his SP1. He also armors up pretty well and does well on armor up nodes in AW.

4. Falcon - Sometimes you need to fight a champ who has a buff that you really don't want to trigger (regen, evade, etc). Falcon (when duped) can lock on to an opponent with his redwing (dash back and hold block for 4 or so seconds). When redwing is locked on ... your opponent can not trigger buffs. This can be super helpful against "spikes" buff, electro's shock damage, spidey or Nightcrawler's evade, etc). In addition, his SP1 does pretty good bleed damage as well.

So ... some of these champions can have some utility use, but in general, I agree if I staring at a good champ like Stark Spidey vs. War Machine ... I'm gonna rank Sparky all day long ...

Carnage
    Phoenix
    Hulkbuster
    Joe Fixit
    Miles Morales

Miles is a defensive champ, he's very meh on offense and he is only good defensively because of evade but there are better evading champs. I don't like Phoenix, but many rank her all the way up because she has high prestige.

I think the worst champ is Spider Gwen... her L1 doesn't do any damage (and leaves her vulnerable to attack as it is being completed), her L2 is very easy to evade, and she has no fun mechanics.

I also dislike Netflix DD. He's so extremely boring to play. Actually, I also find OG DD very boring, but at least he's useful for difficult-to-evade specials.

HB, Carbage, yuck... but Fixit, he's pretty bad but not THAT bad. I cannot tell you how many times I have dashed in after the first part of his L1, only to eat some bullets. My brain cannot permanently register that his L1 has two parts!

Carnage
    Phoenix
    Hulkbuster
    Joe Fixit
    Miles Morales

Oh and thanks for the tips. I have a 4* duped War Machine and a 4* Falcon
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Favorite? Guillotine. Smooth attacks, some niche utility, decent bleeds, some lifegain when awoken, but I just... like her.
    Least Favorite? Groot. Clunky, weak, boring.
    Best in game? Highly variable, as it depends on game mode. SL, Ice, AA, Spark, SW, GP, DV, Magik, Hype, etc, etc.
    Worst? Groot. Man, you are such garbage, I would prefer Carbage. I mean, yeah, bleed immune, some regen on L2, but so... ugh to play. I vastly prefer playing as anyone else. LC, SG, IP, HB, all play so much better.

Groot is ok. Not my favorite. I love Guillotine! She is such a fun champ to play as
    Tempest wrote: »

Carnage
    Phoenix
    Hulkbuster
    Joe Fixit
    Miles Morales

Miles is a defensive champ, he's very meh on offense and he is only good defensively because of evade but there are better evading champs. I don't like Phoenix, but many rank her all the way up because she has high prestige.

I think the worst champ is Spider Gwen... her L1 doesn't do any damage (and leaves her vulnerable to attack as it is being completed), her L2 is very easy to evade, and she has no fun mechanics.

I also dislike Netflix DD. He's so extremely boring to play. Actually, I also find OG DD very boring, but at least he's useful for difficult-to-evade specials.

HB, Carbage, yuck... but Fixit, he's pretty bad but not THAT bad. I cannot tell you how many times I have dashed in after the first part of his L1, only to eat some bullets. My brain cannot permanently register that his L1 has two parts!

I am the same way. Fixit is a little trickster "You think I'm done with my L1? THINK AGAIN!" *Shoots you a thousand times *
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    You forgot carnage
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125

With BW, it is possible that a 5* version will end up not triggering any of the buffs or suffering damage against Electro.... like what she used to do before she was nerfed. I submit that they nerfed her because the 5* version will end up being invincible, similar to DS before he was neutered.

BB is tougher to explain. I can’t remember if he was ever nerfed, but his SP1 and SP3 trigger stun which could could prove fatal. Now with Medusa in the fray, would the synergy not give a 5* BB invincibility in the same way SW/DS gave when PB was possible?