**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lost AW before it started

In tier2 of AW where defender diversity plays a great role in winning/losing, we lost even when the attack phase didn't start as a player placed a duplicate champ in defense resulting in our diversity at 149. Needless to say, the opposing alliance won the war. This is what the deciding factor is now? losing even before the offense phase starts?

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    I am reading that it is yes. If both teams have maxed diversity, defender rating comes into play.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    If it's not diversity it's defender rating. We've lost both ways. War is so fun right now..lol
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    They ruined the best part of the game and made it into a coin flip....

... at least give us the defender diversity/rating of both alliances at the start of the war, so we don't have to waste time going through the motions of clearing the battlegroups.
  • Options
    MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Have you noticed almost all complaining is coming from the top tiers? If you haven't figured it out already the player base for this game is minimal in the top tiers. Yes you have the biggest voices but there are the other 99% of players in the lower tiers and war is working fine and is actually more fun than the previous war system.
  • Options
    MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Have you noticed almost all complaining is coming from the top tiers? If you haven't figured it out already the player base for this game is minimal in the top tiers. Yes you have the biggest voices but there are the other 99% of players in the lower tiers and war is working fine and is actually more fun than the previous war system.

I believe 3% make up the top two tiers, so more like 97%. and keep in mind those top 3% probably provide 90% of the revenue, so just be aware if the Whales don't pay, MCOC goes away.
  • Options
    MadMarks wrote: »

I believe 3% make up the top two tiers, so more like 97%. and keep in mind those top 3% probably provide 90% of the revenue, so just be aware if the Whales don't pay, MCOC goes away.

There is a relatively low number of "whales" in the game. They contribute nowhere near the amount that the many tens of thousands of players making small amounts in purchases add up to be. Reverse your revenue numbers and you are probably in the ballpark.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★

The most inaccurate reasoning in the game is "the whales keep the game a float"
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

I can imagine it's working okay in the lower tiers but I'm guessing somewhere around tier 6 it starts to break down. Just a guess on my part though on where the problem starts. We float between 2-4 and we see in all of those. That's a significant amount of teams if you think about it.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    The ones in the top tiers are the ones that have been playing this game the longest and can tell what is now a terrible component. And frankly, the people in the lower tiers that say war is working “fine” totally misunderstand progression in this game. You get better by facing harder war defenses. Good luck clearing harder content later for cheaper when you are facing essentially a map 3 aq for war
  • Options
    WindbreakWindbreak Posts: 30
    We've been bouncing between tier 6 and 8 and see this issue constantly. It's not just the upper tiers.
  • Options
    @MisterNiceGuy glad war is workin for you. It’s not for us, unless you just think that the biggest ally and highest spending ally should win. This was our last war. When you move up into higher tiers, you will see my point of view.

• Options
    8bhcqe2jq5qd.png
    bf01dgbib7lb.png
  • Options
    They made it fun for the lower tiers but a lot difficult for the higher tiers who need to respect the diversity/defender rating. Wars are now being decided on which of the two alliances messed up in their placement
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    @Run477 That's why a better system that makes it more skill-based and also accounts somewhat for defender kills would work.
  • Options
    I’m not disagreeing. What you aren’t seeing is that one of our minibosses in bg3 wasn’t even covered (front left—l1 unblockable and limber). Given the skill level of our opponents, that was likely another 5 deaths for them beyond this. But ultimately, we know defense is pointless in this war setup.
  • Options
    Btw; they were 13.5 million alliance. We are 9.5 million
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

There is a relatively low number of "whales" in the game. They contribute nowhere near the amount that the many tens of thousands of players making small amounts in purchases add up to be. Reverse your revenue numbers and you are probably in the ballpark.

Wrong.
  • Options
    Run477 wrote: »
    @MisterNiceGuy glad war is workin for you. It’s not for us, unless you just think that the biggest ally and highest spending ally should win. This was our last war. When you move up into higher tiers, you will see my point of view.

I was in a high tier alliance so I do understand what the gripes are about war. I have moved to a semi retired alliance because of dissatisfaction with the game. I have some lower rated players in my ally and instead of getting killed on the first tile in old war system they are able to progress a bit and get some pride in playing.

Don't forget as guys like me drop from high rated alliances you need someone to replace them. The game has to be fun for lower level players too so they will stick with it and eventually be high rated players.
  • Options

I was in a high tier alliance so I do understand what the gripes are about war. I have moved to a semi retired alliance because of dissatisfaction with the game. I have some lower rated players in my ally and instead of getting killed on the first tile in old war system they are able to progress a bit and get some pride in playing.

Don't forget as guys like me drop from high rated alliances you need someone to replace them. The game has to be fun for lower level players too so they will stick with it and eventually be high rated players.

But...isn’t part of the fun in the game to be challenged and see yourself progressing? How is it fun to be able to beat a spider Gwen and a winter soldier in war?

Also, the point to lower tiers is that the DONT have the rosters of higher tiers. Lower tiers shouldn’t be running into max md defenses which are also littered with r5 spidey, ncs, and hyperions. If people are having trouble getting past defenses that aren’t built like the above, how is letting them face even easier war nodes doing them a service for when they have to face harder content in the game?

For example, I didn’t have a duped bw when that Chloe challenge happened and I didn’t know how to evade the spidey l1 at that time either. I learned how to do it by constantly working hard and ended up beating that 20k+ PI spidey with a classic 4* r4 black panther and then beat the ultron with inflicts poison with an r3 captain marvel. And then I ultimately beat the event. I didn’t do that by having the game get easier for me. I did it by working hard to get better.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Kabam ruined war. If you don't have 30 players or max 150 on diversity you're probably going to lose so you might as well not even waste your time
  • Options

But...isn’t part of the fun in the game to be challenged and see yourself progressing? How is it fun to be able to beat a spider Gwen and a winter soldier in war?

Also, the point to lower tiers is that the DONT have the rosters of higher tiers. Lower tiers shouldn’t be running into max md defenses which are also littered with r5 spidey, ncs, and hyperions. If people are having trouble getting past defenses that aren’t built like the above, how is letting them face even easier war nodes doing them a service for when they have to face harder content in the game?

For example, I didn’t have a duped bw when that Chloe challenge happened and I didn’t know how to evade the spidey l1 at that time either. I learned how to do it by constantly working hard and ended up beating that 20k+ PI spidey with a classic 4* r4 black panther and then beat the ultron with inflicts poison with an r3 captain marvel. And then I ultimately beat the event. I didn’t do that by having the game get easier for me. I did it by working hard to get better.

Most of the high rated players are fully vested in this game. I'm an f2p player so it wasn't that hard for me to step back in my play. Most people who have spent a lot of money aren't going anywhere. Sure some have cut back their spending but I'm sure they still play multiple hours every day and will most likely be spending again when things settle down.

My overall point is that a game developer looks at the game as a whole. They try to make the best decisions for the game with ALL players in mind...not just the top players.

Also you probably won about half the wars before the update and are probably winning about half the wars after the update. The rewards are the same. It might suck losing by 300 points but then you may win by 300 points.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340

Adding points for defender kills does not hurt lower tiers and would make wars better and more fair for all
  • Options

Adding points for defender kills does not hurt lower tiers and would make wars better and more fair for all

Seems like a pretty easy solution eh?
  • Options
    CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    War is simply not fun in its current state. The point system is broken. Defender kills points are clearly needed. If you think it is not broken then please read this forum, reddit, or google it anywhere. I dont know how you can think planning and placing a diverse defense can be fun compared to actually playing the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    ahqyxanqifx0.png
    New war. Same result. Note, we had one screw up and doubled a champ. But even at max diversity we still don’t overcome defender rating (diverse champ would have been worth another 50 points). How do people defend this system?
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    You have to use boosts to increase your player rating. And yes, the new system stinks.
  • Options
    AW is terrible now, I don’t even look forward to playing it
  • Options
    I was actually coming on the forums to write this exact post. We just lost a war before it even began. We asked the other alliance to swap defender rating info. We then knew who wins and who loses. So why even bother to play?!?! No point in wasting items or time on a rigged system. No way to win if the other team has a higher defender rating. Just dumb.