**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Another 20 Map 5 Crystals Opened.... Guess how many full t4c's and t4b's?

Everyone guessed zero, right?

It doesn't matter how many I hold onto before I open them... they all suck eggs... I've amassed amounts of them in the past because they're so disheartening to open... I figure if I at least open 50 at once, I may get the excitement of forming a t4b or t4c. That's not how it's supposed to be, right?

Here's what I don't get:

As my 4* R5 Level 99 SW drops crit hit after crit hit with no chaos magic triggering (how do I worry about maxing out the 8 buffs/debuffs if one doesn't even trigger?) and on non-crit hits she generates a whopping 250 damage per non-crit hit, missing parrys and evades I've been making for years... through all of this it HAS made the maps harder... harder to get through without using items... for terrible terrible rewards...

Especially with new champs coming... If I have to go through 4 months of AQ to amass enough Map 5 crystals to get the t4cs to level a 6* champ up a level, how would this be sustainable gameplay to a rational being?

Comments

• SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    this is insane. (not calling YOU insane but the situation) ive opened 10 map 3 crystals this week and got 2 fully formed T4 mutant catalysts. also hopefully the grind will get a bit easier with the addition of 6 stars (following the same logic of 4 and 5 star champs becoming more accessable)
  • Some get luck some dont. I opened only two in one year and I play map5 daily for months. Frustrating but thats the game sometimes
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Last week I got 2 t4cc from map 5 crystals. Seems every other week they do ok.

When AQ starts I store 11 and pop them open. Just something that works for me
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    I never hold them anymore. It doesn't work. Just like pchs. No sense hoarding and saving
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I recently opened roughly 60-70 Map 5 crystals and about 10-15 Map 6 crystals and didn’t pop 1 fully formed cat. I formed some from the frags but I got no such luck will full ones. On the other hand if I spend on featured crystals I tend to get luckier there. Trade offs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I stopped opening them because I'm mostly full and have an expiring mutant cat I'm going to let expire, but I've had times where I get a lot and times where I don't get any.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    That's the thing about randomness.. it's random
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Lol.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I've been playing for 1.5 years now, my alliance runs 55544, and I've NEVER pulled a fully-formed t4 class or basic. And you get such a pittance of fragments.... yes, completely frustrating
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I opened 96 map 5 crystals the other day and didn't get a single full cat.

It doesn't seem to matter whether you save or not, the drop rate on all crystals are just really bad...
  • Yea don’t even worry about the uncollected arena crystals the normal ones are better which makes no sense besides Kabam trying to make money by taking more of your battlechips and giving you less units and gold
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is the case in every event. You work your tail off...grind and collect and then get wind...kabam has been so intent on controlling certain resources that it is going to kill the game.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is the greatest reason for not allowing items to be traded. "Kill the game" "worst idea ever" for kabam maybe...they would no longer have sole control of all the resources and that would not be a bad thing by any stretch!
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    If you added another 0 to that number, then I'd feel sorry for you. But 20 is pretty low, it's very unlikely to get a T4B or T4cc from 20 map 5 crystals unless you are really lucky.

On average, I probably get 1 full T4cc every 150 map 5 crystals. T4B is also rare to come by, and follows about 1 T4B every 100 map 5 crystals too. But because the drop rate is so astoundingly low, it's really up to RNG and luck.
  • DannyDanny Posts: 42
    It’s all about the cash ,why let you open em when they can put on a special deal and let people buy em for hundreds of dollars ...have you noticed on the daily quests 100% completion on tier 2 and tier 3 class cats it’s become hit and miss if you even get one.. i remember the days when you was guaranteed to get a pick up of 2...Ive been going for months and months busting crystals for class cats ...all you get now is paltry rewards...
    I’d say they’ve moved the pot at the end of the rainbow way to far now....
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Been running map 5 5 days a week for a solid 4 month now. I have NEVER pulled a fully formed T4CC from a map 5 or 6 crystal. Not once. Me and ONE other guy in my ally have this problem. Where some people seem to get a T4 on a bi-weekly basis.

Note: The people getting the T4 luck all happen to have R4 5*, and insane prestiges. I know people say prestige has nothing to do with pulls, but i dont belive that cause it happens far too often. And my prestige is garbage of course. SO i feel your pain bro. Even popped 30 at once recently and got nothing.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I opened 5 full t4cc crystals a couple weeks ago and got 5 full t4cc's.
  • AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    I pulled a whole tier 4 mutant catalyst out of a map 2 alliance quest crystal the other day..
  • token555token555 Posts: 22
    This past weekend I did a huge crystal opening.

I opened 141 map 5 crystals and 17 map 6 crystals.
    I got 0 full cats.

My buddy that was with me, had similar amount (just slightly more) and got about 10 full t4s.

Some people have alot of luck, and some have zero. Im in the zero boat.
  • token555token555 Posts: 22
    And my prestige is 5256, (and alot higher then the person that pulled the 10) so prestige has nothing to do with luck.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    spending money increases drop rates,
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Danny wrote: »
    It’s all about the cash ,why let you open em when they can put on a special deal and let people buy em for hundreds of dollars ...have you noticed on the daily quests 100% completion on tier 2 and tier 3 class cats it’s become hit and miss if you even get one.. i remember the days when you was guaranteed to get a pick up of 2...Ive been going for months and months busting crystals for class cats ...all you get now is paltry rewards...

The T2 & T3 Class Cat daily quests have never given a full catalyst as an exploration reward. There was never a guarentee.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    The RNG luck is funny for crystals.

As I mentioned above, last Friday I opened 96 map 5 crystals and got no full t4c.

Since then I have opened about 40 PHC (shards) and have gotten 3 4* champions. I know these are different crystals but after such bad luck I now seem to be on a roll with some good luck.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I got 2 t4c from map5 crystals last AQ round. Only problem was that they were both science....
  • DannyDanny Posts: 42

Fluffy wrote: »

The T2 & T3 Class Cat daily quests have never given a full catalyst as an exploration reward. There was never a guarentee.

Why post when you haven’t got a clue ..
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Why post when you haven’t got a clue ..

Standard operating procedure for this board.

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @Fluffy Way back in olden times (or days of yore if you prefer) doing the daily class challenges netted you a minimum of one t2 or t3 class cat on 100% completion and usually you'd pick up another from one of the chests during the completion. Now? It's nada and less.

When I was developing my lower roster early on, you NEEDED to get that many t2 and t3 cats to really rank up enough champs to do anything. So because they're stingy with those cats, HOW DO THEY ATTRACT AND RETAIN NEW PLAYERS?

So, is it random? Is it prestige related? Is it Summoner rating related? There's no real good explanation.

But when the flow of t2 and t3 class cats started drying up, all I thought was that the game moved into legacy status because the inflow of new players had dropped off so much that they don't have to have a lot of t2 and t3 cats in circulation.

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Just as an FYI, we can all say random random random, but I didn't have Gambit on my roster and then I pulled him in the 5* version twice in a row and the 4* version twice in a row.

To put this in perspective, could you EVER EVER EVER imagine pulling TWO 5* Hyperions in a row followed by TWO 4* Hyperions in a row. Or 2 5* Voodoos followed by 2 4* Voodoos or whatever new god tier champ is available. If my repeat pulls were EVER god tier champs and not Ant Mans, Howard the Ducks, Rhinos, etcs, I'd be jumping up and down saying that pulls are random.

The reason everyone has a hard time believing "randomness" is that the random weird pulls never really benefit the player. The randomness always benefits Ka-scam.

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, we can all say random random random, but I didn't have Gambit on my roster and then I pulled him in the 5* version twice in a row and the 4* version twice in a row.

To put this in perspective, could you EVER EVER EVER imagine pulling TWO 5* Hyperions in a row followed by TWO 4* Hyperions in a row. Or 2 5* Voodoos followed by 2 4* Voodoos or whatever new god tier champ is available. If my repeat pulls were EVER god tier champs and not Ant Mans, Howard the Ducks, Rhinos, etcs, I'd be jumping up and down saying that pulls are random.

The reason everyone has a hard time believing "randomness" is that the random weird pulls never really benefit the player. The randomness always benefits Ka-scam.

I've seen alliance members pull back to back 4* hyperions. Just because something is rare doesn't mean it can't happen.

The problem is we only see examples of garbage champs because people feel obligated to come to reddit or these boards and **** about it.