**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank 3 5* or Rank 5 4*

AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
edited October 2017 in Strategy and Tips
So after getting a tier 4 mutant catalyst out of a map 2 alliance crystal (very unexpected..) I finally have enough to take either my 4 star Wolverine to rank 5 or my 5 star X-23 to rank 3. I have heard a lot of mixed opinions what do you guys think?

Rank 3 5* or Rank 5 4* 53 votes

4* Wolverine rank 5
30% 16 votes
5* X-23 rank 3
69% 37 votes

Comments

• I'm not seeing the logic in these poll responses. Essentially very simliar champions here. One at a 4* level and one at a 5*. The only way wolverine would be the better option is if he's awakened and has a good sig level, while x-23 does not.
  • AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    I'm not seeing the logic in these poll responses. Essentially very simliar champions here. One at a 4* level and one at a 5*. The only way wolverine would be the better option is if he's awakened and has a good sig level, while x-23 does not.

Nope he is not
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    5* are going to be more useful with challenger rating, so I would choose x23
  • Wolverine does a better job at regeneration, especially in AQ, however that's mostly because x-23 does WAY more damage and the enemy dies before you can regenerate much.

x-23 is a way better champ, but duped wolverine will heal more.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    "5 stars are the future"
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    "5 stars are the future"
    Haha I hate when people say that. :D
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    But OP, definitely rank 5* X23, she's better than wolvy if you don't care about the regen. Wolvy is pretty bad against bleed immune champs, unlike x23. Her regen might not be the same, but her damage output is alot better, not saying your bad, but you shouldn't rely on her regen so much because her damage output with skill will end the fight quickly.
  • AgentEdwardAgentEdward Posts: 65
    I don’t understand how wolvie has better regen.. everything I read says X23 has better regen.. maybe does he regen better when duped?
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    5* X-23 since 6*s are coming. But if Wolverine is in fact duped, than go for Wolverine rather than X-23.
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    "5 stars are the future"
    Haha I hate when people say that. :D

6 STAR are the future!!!
  • X-23 by virtue of her still not reaching full potential. She'll be a beast at 4/55.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    wolverine's double/triple regen mostly helps in AQ if triggered after a bar of power, he also ends fights fast so X23 isnt a bad choice.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I'm not seeing the logic in these poll responses. Essentially very simliar champions here. One at a 4* level and one at a 5*. The only way wolverine would be the better option is if he's awakened and has a good sig level, while x-23 does not.

Nope he is not

Here is a thorough opinion and clarification (hopefully) from me that have been playing for 2 years and 5 months.
    1) A duped wolverine has better regen THAN X23. Period. His sig ability will give him a chance to regen for some amount which will make him a better regen champ than X23.
    2) X23 has a better damage output THAN Wolverine. Period. Against a non-bleeder, she can gain Cruelty buff which will give her more damage output per critical hit WHICH WILL make her better than Wolverine. Also, even against bleeder champs, her bleed ability is still OVERPOWER than Wolverine.
    3) For your rank up question, since he is unduped, X23 is way better option to rank up. She will help you a lot as you are progressing in the game.

Conclusion: I suggest to rank up X23 since your Wolverine is not duped. If he is duped, I will suggest to rank him up.

Hope this post would help in some ways.