**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ghost Rider Immunities

I wanted to suggest that ghost rider have additional immunities added.

As a character that can control hellfire, has a flaming skull, and a rides a bike that has flames in it, it makes sense that 1) he would have immunity to being incinerated (because he's literally on fire) and 2) that he would be immune to Iceman's cold snap (again he's engulfed in hellfire)

This may have a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening, but that's kinda the idea. If a snowball has no chance in hell, then how does the walking embodiment of that not have these immunities.

I think this lends itself to a bigger discussion of certain immunities needing to be reworked, or integrated in the first place (i.e. Electro immune to shock) but I wanted to specifically focus on GR.

I would greatly appreciate feedback from an admin as well as others players thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    If you search "immunities" you will find a lot of these threads ...
    Basically, game balance. Different Universe different laws of reality. Different types of fire, shock, etc. Being able to control and be immune to his own fire/ice but still taking damage from others.

It makes sense the way it is. Giving them immunities would mean nerf other things
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I always thought fire was fire...are there different types of bleeds too?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,342 ★★★★★
    I always thought fire was fire...are there different types of bleeds too?

In this game, yes....

Nightcrawler has an instant bleed that does loads of damage, doesn't affect bleed-immune champs, and yet somehow doesn't proc effects triggered by bleeding, such as Cable's degeneration, or Abomination's poison.

Go figure...
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Its a deep wound not a bleed FYI
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,342 ★★★★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Its a deep wound not a bleed FYI

And yet it inflicts bleed damage. A different type of bleed damage!

Which was kind of the point I was making, y'know...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Enough with this Nonsense. GR should be incinerate immune. Just read the story. He was created by mephisto the father of fire.

Mephistopheles, (or Mephisto for short) is one of Ghost Rider's main enemies and is apparently the particular devil who gave Johnny Blaze his Rider powers. So mephisto has incinerate powers and he is immune to it but ghost rider has none. Now the funny part is that they give gwenpool incinerate damage. Very smart.

But hey, nothing makes sense in kabams mind. They are for sure not following marvel reality.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @CapWW2 Best answer so far.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Cripes, somebody starts one of thes threads every 2.4 days.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Cripes, somebody starts one of thes threads every 2.4 days.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Because we need to speak up!!!!!!!

Enough with the parallel marvel unreality!!!!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Enough with nothing. It was already confirmed that this game doesn't happen in Marvel Universe, but in a different Universe created by Kabam itself.