**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to FIX Missing and Re-downloading Game Files on Android

BrainyBrainy Posts: 31
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Following complaints by a lot of Android users since installing the recent updates about having to download game files almost daily, I decided to come up with this post to show how to fix it permanently.

NOTE: The issue is not from the game or Kabam, it's actually from the Android OS.

The simple explanation is that in the recent update, Kabam has changed the location of the game file/files which Android sees as junks.
A more detailed explanation is that Kabam has been switching the location back and forth over the few updates released, moving from using a simple .obb file to data folders and back to .obb again. This time around, they're back to using data folders. The game files used to be saved at Storage/Android/obb/com.kabam.marvelbattle.obb, but now, it's located at Storage/Android/data/com.kabam.marvelbattle/**. The following files in the data folder are actually hundreds, more than 300 actually. Most Android devices would wanna clear them off.

I made this guide from my personal device and with no affiliation with Kabam. If you like this guide and it sorts out your problem, please consider sending me an in-game gift :)
My in-game ID is Brainy22

So, let's get to the fix. I'll be showing two means your game files are being deleted.

1. If you use 3rd PArty Cleaner Apps like Clean Master, CC Cleaner, and DU Cleaner: I'll be using Clean MAster for this guide.

2. If your device has in-built Maintenance/cleaner app: Devices like Xiaomi and Samsung have this. They may run auto-cleanup at night.

==> For 3rd party Cleaner users (I used Clean Master):

1. Launch your app cleaner
2. Click on Junk Files to scan your device (Clean in some other apps)
3. On the next (results) screen, DON'T CLICK CLEAN JUNK yet. Scroll and find 'Champions'
4. Hold down 'Champions' till it's focused on
5. Click 'Add to Ignore List'
6. That's all!
Images below:

ojxzontwvgz7.jpg

u4cym264rhbg.jpg

gg24h9ibri6d.jpg

==> For In-built Maintenance/cleaner apps (I used Xiaomi):

1. Launch Security/Maintenance app
2. Clean Cleaner
3. On the next (results) screen, DON'T CLICK CLEAN UP yet. Scroll and find 'Champions'
4. Hold down 'Champions' till it's focused on
5. Click 'Add to app exclusions'
6. That's all!

FOR SAMSUNG DEVICES,

1. Go to Settings
2. Navigate to Device Maintenance
3. Click Storage
4. Click Clean now

Images Below:

nwuh20f6ptx7.jpg

5wxdsmag7ryc.jpg

ttgunpfzs6ja.jpg

I hope this guide helps.

I do have a new and young YouTube Channel for MCOC Tips and fighting strategies. You might wanna have a look at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJnbCgpE6UJFV5P7RxrcuvQ

Show some love by liking and subscribing. You can also request for special videos and I'll be glad to make them for you.

Thanks

Comments

• PilikPilik Posts: 1
    Wow this is great and has fixed my problem, thanks so much for the great how to
  • BrainyBrainy Posts: 31
    Pilik wrote: »

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped
  • LOИEWOLFLOИEWOLF Posts: 128
    Brainy said:

Pilik wrote: »

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped

Still it's happening