**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remember when they nerfed Dr. Strange...

... Because his Regen was too strong?

Nice work on Mephisto, guys. Bang up job. Way to keep things in check.

I hope my sarcasm is evident in text.

We all got hosed.

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Nvm
  • YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
    Someone had a great time during boss rush
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    No. He used to have insane regen, great damage, could negate all damage from the enemy, perfect block, and an insane nullify. The regen was not the only reason, otherwise, they would have only changed his regen. Mephisto isn’t even that good besides on defense.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Also Mephisto’s regen works like iron man’s, but not as good, dr strange could do it every 14 seconds... you calling Iron Man god tier?
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Ironman? How is that even a comparison? His health can be shut down in so many ways.

DS was OP, I understand the nerf (at the time). What I don't understand is why his's regen was nerfed to be completely useless. Many other champs, including those created after the nerf have much better regen. And DS has the lowest power gain now as well.

DS was also more of an offense champ. His regen could be completely avoided if you fought him since he had to actually make contact with you to gain any health. Mephisto on the other hand seems to be unavoidable.

I hate the design of Mephisto all together. Unavoidable health gain, has power gain, immune to ability accuracy, and can incinerate all but one champ which is almost unavoidable damage. Not to mention, they made him immune to the one champ who is immune to incinerate, what **** is that?

As a war boss I can see him causing more riots than Magik ever did and would't doubt Kabam takes advantage of him as a money grab boss in future content.

Kabam says champs aren't specifically designed for defense yet every champ we argue was designed for defense we always see as a boss or highly noded defender in quests.

The more champs they continue to design and add to the game causes previous nerfs to make less and less sense to me.

Let’s not forget his SPOTLIGHT! It says in no uncertain terms:
    Mephisto is designed to be the ultimate Alliance Wars Defender

10fvx4rna3un.png

HE IS DESIGNED FOR defense
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Wow! Didn't catch that. So there it is in black and white. Their own words to counter their own words LOL
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    What's funny is that Kabam removed defender kills supposedly to prevent people from being afraid to try a fight they weren't sure they could handle and hurting their alliance chances. But failed attempts at Mephisto will only give him more souls making his regen even more powerful.

And totally agree on the nerf to DS being a major overreach.