**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW - victory and defeat point deference and Tier demotion on defeat???????

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
can anyone help me out to understand what has changed in the point calculation for victory and defeat point in AW , also the tier demotion on defeat.

We were in AW tier 7 and we lost the war , next match we are in tier 9 , NO gap in between wars.

The victory and defeat points - to explain this please check the below image.

See the difference in the points.

eloq4f39g6v7.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    can't help u on the tier drop but the point difference means you are greatly higher rated than your next opponent. They probably have it flipped.. big gain if they win, little drop if they lose.
  • Options
    Wow, now that matchmaking becomes my problem, no matter what we do, end result is you will be losing one way or another, I don’t understand now what objective is Kabam is working on, encouraging players to play or spend ?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    What happened was in the previous war you were matched up with someone with very much lower war rating and your alliance lost.

So your defeat cost you a lot more points and demoted you two tiers. There’s a high chance that the difference in tiers between 7, 8 and 9 were very small and you were at borderline 7 and 8.

Your next war, with the +33/-97 result, is most probably against an opponent with a much lower war rating, which you most probably will win. With that win, your ally will likely be promoted into tier 8.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    xNig wrote: »
    What happened was in the previous war you were matched up with someone with very much lower war rating and your alliance lost.

So your defeat cost you a lot more points and demoted you two tiers. There’s a high chance that the difference in tiers between 7, 8 and 9 were very small and you were at borderline 7 and 8.

Your next war, with the +33/-97 result, is most probably against an opponent with a much lower war rating, which you most probably will win. With that win, your ally will likely be promoted into tier 8.

Good luck. :)

Thanks, I will post the current war match rating once it’s open for attack, but that’s wasn’t fair if we matched with a low AW rating alliance but they were stronger then us in alliance rating.low AW rating cause this difference.... this is not fair in any way, the opponent should also have low alliance rating then I can understand that we are fighting with a low level alliance and the difference of points make sense.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    That’s how the war rating system works. It’s not perfect, but no system is.

In the past when matchmaking was based on alliance rating, there were lots of low rating alliances in tier 1 when it’s apparent that they don’t belong there. In addition, alliance rating is very easy to manipulate.