**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

PHC odds improved?

Have the drop rate for 4-star and 3-star champs from PHCs increased? I am asking because I have only ever gotten one 4-star from a PHC in hundreds of openings and yet a couple of people in my alliance have gotten three or four each in the past day.

One theory is that beginners have better odds, but I was a beginner a month ago and, like I said, only ever got one. Had to frustratingly grind for the rest.

Comments

• Options
    zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    edited October 2017
    Been playing for roughly 5mths. Grind arena milestone every day for rewards. Have opened thousands of PHCs and have only gotten one 4*. Last SA i opened 50odd n got one 3 star. Members in alliance opened similar and got one 4* and couple 3*s. Drop rate increased? Dont think so. Always has been luck. On a side note i dropped $200 on units to go for stark spidey n got all 2*s
  • Options
    Eviscerator2021Eviscerator2021 Posts: 128
    I've been playing for almost 2 months and lucked out on getting a 4* Howard the Duck last week. If it's my only 4* from a PHC ever I'll consider myself lucky. 4* from PHC's are l rarer than a diamond in the rough it seems.
  • Options
    AMFAMF Posts: 83
    Been playing for roughly 5mths. Grind arena milestone every day for rewards. Have opened thousands of PHCs and have only gotten one 4*. Last SA i opened 50odd n got one 3 star. Members in alliance opened similar and got one 4* and couple 3*s. Drop rate increased? Dont think so. Always has been luck. On a side note i dropped $200 on units to go for stark spidey n got all 2*s

Wow, $200 and still no SE Spidey!!? I think at this point Kabam should give you a 4-star champ of your choice as a customer loyalty reward. I mean I ordered a collector's edition of Assassin's Creed Origins for $150 and that's a full-blown, magnificent PC game!! As for my alliance members' remarkable luck, I guess I'll just have to hope that every dog will have his day and this dog's day is ahead of him.

• Options
    NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    edited October 2017
    I got hyperion from 3 phc and i have 2+ years playing
  • Options
    GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    I've been playing almost 2 years, and still averaging about one 4* per every 200 phcs opened
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    edited October 2017
    I've gotten 3 4*s, Superior Iron Man in the first month around there and then a couple months later Captain America and Thor!
  • Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Opened thousands of phc in 5 months??? LOL
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Odds haven't changed. Still garbage
  • Options
    zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    Sky_kitty wrote: »
    Opened thousands of phc in 5 months??? LOL

A little over exaggerated lol. Close to I'd say. If not over....
  • Options
    JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    It's just random. Random does not mean evenly distributed. Random means that out of 30 people in an alliance, some will get a lot and some will get a little. If your alliance mates were getting the exact same amount of 4*s as you, that wouldn't be random.
  • Options
    ABOTAHAABOTAHA Posts: 7
    Me too i've played over 6 months without having even one 4* champion, all of them were 2*
  • Options
    I’ve been playing for two and a half years , I’ve gotten probably around 50 4*s total from phcs
  • Options
    MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    No, with the introduction of 6* champions you would think that Kabam would've improved the drop rates of the likelihood of getting a 4* champion. By improving the drop rates you have a better chance at duping that 4* champion and getting 5* shards giving you a chance at getting a 5* champion. Eventually, if by chance you dupe the 5* champion you will get 6* shards. At these current drop rates it will take forever to get any 6* champion but Kabam doesn't care about that.
  • Options
    MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    Mandagar wrote: »
    No, with the introduction of 6* champions you would think that Kabam would've improved the drop rates of the likelihood of getting a 4* champion. By improving the drop rates you have a better chance at duping that 4* champion and getting 5* shards giving you a chance at getting a 5* champion. Eventually, if by chance you dupe the 5* champion you will get 6* shards. At these current drop rates it will take forever to get any 6* champion but Kabam doesn't care about that.

LOL. . .With the way the current drop rates are this game should be retitled as "Marvel Contest of 2-Star Champions".
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    2 star, 75 point iso, and and tier one restore, contest of champions...
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Ive always had good, ( positive thinking goes long way) but better luck on featured rather than pch.
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    when my alliance used to save an sa and then open id get one or two 4*s but since my alliance has gone to open at will I havn't got a 4* in at least 3 months possibly longer.
  • Options
    Mandagar wrote: »

Preach! Well put. I agree ... The 2 stars are bs at this point. The amount that you get them from all Crystals is not in proportion to where the game is at now ...
  • Options
    Been playing over 2 years and in that time I've had lucky periods and extremely unlucky ones it's my belief that the drop rate is in no way random. I believe the point you are at in the game has a direct influence on what you pull from crystals for example I have 70 odd 3*s and hadn't pulled a new one in 7-10 months but have been ranking them slowly for solo events etc etc and for the last month have been at the stage where 95% were maxed out in this Last month I have pulled 10 new 3* champs.
  • Options
    Take as many of your 4* to 3/30 as possible this will improve the drop rate in phc and more importantly t4 basics from aq crystals... Kabam doesn't want you getting stuck and bored vice versa they also do the want you being so lucky that you find story quest easy and don't have to buy potions. Rank up 3/30 min and push story quest until your stuck and drop rate improves
  • Options
    Just my personal opinion
  • Options
    They have cut...once upon a time you could pop Punishers on a regular basis from arena...right after the intro of the nerf that caused so much uproar there was a decided uptick in the number of 4s popped, then they dropped again and now the 6s are coming and sure as you are born not hatched! ( I hope) there will be an uptick shortly...
  • Options
    I have a somewhat autistic ability to detect patterns...there is one...
  • Options
    Problem is this...whatever happened...has resulted in not even hitting mid level awards from crystals...energy refills lesser unit bundles...higher iso...so it wasn't just phc it is across the board...it is like you hit the bottom or.you hit the top...nothing in between
  • Options
    furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    After the one update Kabam claimed they would be. But almost everyone I know get barely any 3* champs from PHCs now. I myself opened over 60 last week. I got 3 3* champs. The rest were 2*. And it's been like that since they changed them. I used to get a 4* every 20-30 phcs.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

No need to increase the odds of the crystals when people are willing to keep dropping hundreds of dollars for diddly squat.
  • Options
    There was an uptick when aw was introduced...because few had ranked 4s and 5s were already on the way. Drop rates rocketed but then dupe shards were added and some where sky rocketing double so the drops of 4s in phc dropped again. Then the nerf and to give players more choices to rank there was an uptick, Then players started hitting 99 sig on 3 stars and building crystals faster, I was popping 3 4star crystals a week, so 3s dropping seemed to go lower...all in an effort to slow things down...
  • Options
    Sometimes...
  • Options
    But they had to slow things down...people were running out of someplace to go...no act 5, endless repetition, so they have slowed us down, not necessarily to squeeze money...but to buy time to give everyone someplace new and interseting to go...act 4 level 60 done nothing but alliance events to keep us here...nothing but pokemon style collecting...I think the boys at Kabam dream big...but stumble alot...diminishing returns and all...