**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gladiator hulk?

SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
How likely do you think this is guys? I personally would love it since I am a big fan of hulk anyway. (Inspired from the incredible hulk movie) also there is a new thor soo yeah.

Comments

• NYCC already says that there is no gladiator hulk, only the new thor and hela
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Still holding out some hope that he's a December champ...don't know how likely it is now though.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I hope there are more new champs than just Hela and new Thor. Why would all the other films get 4 new characters but Thor only gets 2? If that's true he got gypped man.

To recap: Civil War got Crossbones, Falcon, new Black Panther, and Civil Warrior. Doctor Strange got Mordo, Voodoo, Dormammu, Hood. GOTG v2 got Yondu, Nebula, King Groot and Angela. Homecoming got Stark Spidey, Vulture, Green Goblin and Doc Ock. I think there's more to come.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    CammonRo wrote: »
    I hope there are more new champs than just Hela and new Thor. Why would all the other films get 4 new characters but Thor only gets 2? If that's true he got gypped man.

To recap: Civil War got Crossbones, Falcon, new Black Panther, and Civil Warrior. Doctor Strange got Mordo, Voodoo, Dormammu, Hood. GOTG v2 got Yondu, Nebula, King Groot and Angela. Homecoming got Stark Spidey, Vulture, Green Goblin and Doc Ock. I think there's more to come.

I’m pretty sure december was confirmed to be a modok thing...? Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, or better yet, tell me I’m not crazy
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017

Wrong. Each of those movies got 2. Civil Warrior, Voodoo, Hood, Groot, Angela, Goblin and Doc Ock were not part of any of those movie roll-outs. They do have synergies with other champs from those movies, but were not part of the movie months.
    edited October 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Wrong. Each of those movies got 2. Civil Warrior, Voodoo, Hood, Groot, Angela, Goblin and Doc Ock were not part of any of those movie roll-outs. They do have synergies with other champs from those movies, but were not part of the movie months.

Not wrong at all. You're just not paying attention. The characters may not have been directly in the movie but their releases were totally based on the theme of the movie and/or related to the main character(s) in some way and were even promoted as such.

Civil Warrior was a huge part of the ongoing Civil War event that was entirely inspired by the film. Voodoo took the position of Sorceror Supreme from Strange in the comics and Hood is well known to be a stooge of Dormammu. Angela is one of the Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics and King Groot is an alternate universe version of Groot. Are you going to say that Goblin and Doc Ock are not among the most iconic villains in the Spider-Man mythos? And lastly Crossbones, Falcon and Black Panther were all in the movie. That's 3 characters not 2.

I'm a huge Thor fan and my whole point is I want more Thor mythos based characters in the game just like everyone else got. It's only fair.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    They should've released Angela with Ragnarok, for obvious reasons and maybe added Valkyrie or Odin as well. That would've been cool. Or Heimdall, which is who I was originally hoping was the 'H'.
    Yeah all of those would be cool. Skurge would be a great addition too.
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Posts: 101
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Not wrong at all. You're just not paying attention. The characters may not have been directly in the movie but their releases were totally based on the theme of the movie and/or related to the main character(s) in some way and were even promoted as such.

Civil Warrior was a huge part of the ongoing Civil War event that was entirely inspired by the film. Voodoo took the position of Sorceror Supreme from Strange in the comics and Hood is well known to be a stooge of Dormammu. Angela is one of the Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics and King Groot is an alternate universe version of Groot. Are you going to say that Goblin and Doc Ock are not among the most iconic villains in the Spider-Man mythos? And lastly Crossbones, Falcon and Black Panther were all in the movie. That's 3 characters not 2.

I'm a huge Thor fan and my whole point is I want more Thor mythos based characters in the game just like everyone else got. It's only fair.

I would say your wrong too. I read your original comment and immediately thought that since I have been playing (June 2016) there has only been 2 per movie.
    Reading comprehension must be a problem these days.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Reading comprehension must be a problem these days.

lol you laid it down and it still got misconstrued
  • CammonRo wrote: »

This isn't right, buddy. First, Dormammu & Hood was released in february, and Doctor Strange was released in November at cinemas. Angela doesn't have any relation with GOTG2...
    Ok m
    unsivan wrote: »

This isn't right, buddy. First, Dormammu & Hood was released in february, and Doctor Strange was released in November at cinemas. Angela doesn't have any relation with GOTG2...

OK you're right maybe my timeline is off on those first 2 you mentioned - but Dorm and Hood are absolutely related to Dr. Strange's universe and came after his film's release. So yes Doctor Strange got MORE characters.

And Angela is a Guardian of the Galaxy - it says so right in her bio. Maybe not in the movie. But in the comics. And she was promoted around the release of GOTG v2.

I really don't understand why I'm getting misconstrued here. This just feels like splitting hairs.

My point is:

1) Thor's mythos is under-represented in this game

2) Other Marvel films have gotten more related characters released than only two - even if we are just talking movie characters look at:

Civil War - Crossbones, Falcon, Black Panther
    Age of Ultron - Ultron, Vision, Hulkbuster

Both of those films got 3 movie characters. Not 2. THREE.

And what about the first Guardians of the Galaxy? When were those characters released? The movie came out before the game that year but when I started playing shortly after we already had Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Starlord. That's FOUR characters from the film right off the bat. Groot was added later to make it 5.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    I was hoping for Heimdall, too. Or The Warriors 3. Valkyrie looks like she would make a good champ. Maybe more will follow when the DVD comes out, if it's a slow month with other movie releases.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »

I’m pretty sure december was confirmed to be a modok thing...? Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, or better yet, tell me I’m not crazy

Yeah it's Modok in December, in fact they talked about it in the NYCC preview of Marvel podcast. There is also a surprise character which is supposed to be someone unexpected aka like a Howard the Duck or something to that extent.

Not terribly excited by that myself, but a lot of people wanted to see him since he was already in the game.
  • Well we basically all know by now there is Modok, but the big question is, who is the G champ?
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    gladiator thor would be my guess
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Well we basically all know by now there is Modok, but the big question is, who is the G champ?

GSpiderMan (Mystic), to complete the set
  • Well we basically all know by now there is Modok, but the big question is, who is the G champ?
    Probably red skull could he a huge Hydra update
  • gladiator thor would be my guess

it's thor (ragnorok), so no gladiator thor
  • doctordoom wrote: »
    Well we basically all know by now there is Modok, but the big question is, who is the G champ?
    Probably red skull could he a huge Hydra update

red skull doesn't begin with g

GSpiderMan (Mystic), to complete the set

Who?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Gladiator Hulk would've been Huge, Kabam really dropped the ball here. Hela, Ragnarock Thor and Gladiator Hulk would've been an awesome pairing but instead we get a secret champ no one expected. So its probably spider pig.