**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

R5 captain America og or....

Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Hi as the title states should I r5 my 4* duped captain America og or wait for a 5* science to r3? And reasons please.

Team I'm running r3 5* cap marvel, r5 4* duped iron man, r2 5* winter soldier, alternates with no main synergies: r3 5* unstop col about to be dupped and r3 5* gambit

I know some of these are not thought of as "ideal" champions but I like them :)) I'm close to being uncollected with this team so.. also winter soldier is another I'm unsure about for r3....

Comments

• Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Cap is a solid performer for me at 4/40 40. curious if others think he is worth ranking to 5 myself.
  • Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    ww2 cap is better
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Yeah.. but he doesnt synergize with both capt marvel and iron man.... i have him too just not at r4 or dupped
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I'd go for it! since you don't have a high Science Champion!
  • Options
    His bleed is an awesome bonus...so can't argue...wish I had em at 4 or 5.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I set my sights to having Cap WWII and kept the science awakening gem. It looks like he is not going to arrive.

Via RNG, I duped Cap OG and suddenly realised his zero damage block ability is not dependent on opponent's buff. I was too swayed by WWII's bleed (not useful at all, when I lose champ on block damage against opponent which does not have buff).

He was the reason I managed to 100% Act 4. With the 3 T4CC and Generic awakening gem, which I used on other champs, I am now even contemplating RoL ;)

Depending on what content you are working on, Cap may be the ticket to enter the challenge now and the rewards you obtained meanwhile will just be ready for that nice 5* champ.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    This is relevant to my interests given I have my only set of T4cc and being science and no one else worth using them on.

OG cap got me through a lot of content at 4/40 and I need to get into act 5.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    His bleed is an awesome bonus...so can't argue...wish I had em at 4 or 5.

OG Cap doesn't have bleed. That's WW2 who is way better imo
  • Options
    ummm yes I do know that. I was saying ww2 caps bleed is a bonus...
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Rap wrote: »
    ummm yes I do know that. I was saying ww2 caps bleed is a bonus...

I think u also know that.... Og cap have far more hitting power then ...cap ww2
    Cap ww2 hits low but his bleed with l2 is amazing..
    Og cap have good hitting power and base BP...and also u can chain stun on opponents when fatigue debuff is on.....
    Both caps are good... U can't go wrong with anyone of them either
  • Options
    Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    edited November 2017
    I’d save it for a few reasons.
    He’s in the basic 5 crystal
    Better science options
    Low damage output.
    Sure that block will help you but when you move one to 5.3 you will want heavy hitters. Act 4 isn’t as hard as it was prior to nerfdate 12.0 so clearing that with him shouldn’t be the determine factor.

Edit: Synergies really don’t mean much unless it’s attack boost or a new synergy in my opinion. That’s just me tho b/c I don’t see a little added crit rate or armor being a factor that gives me the edge on beating hard content. Cap WW2 is sooo much better then you have Quake, Hulk so save those T4cc.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It all depends on what your alliance needs
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I’d save it for a few reasons.
    He’s in the basic 5 crystal
    Better science options
    Low damage output.
    Sure that block will help you but when you move one to 5.3 you will want heavy hitters. Act 4 isn’t as hard as it was prior to nerfdate 12.0 so clearing that with him shouldn’t be the determine factor.

Edit: Synergies really don’t mean much unless it’s attack boost or a new synergy in my opinion. That’s just me tho b/c I don’t see a little added crit rate or armor being a factor that gives me the edge on beating hard content. Cap WW2 is sooo much better then you have Quake, Hulk so save those T4cc.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I stand by the rule of never taking a science champ to rank 5.

Almost to level 60 I still don't have a rank 4 science champ. Mystics counter mystics better than science do. I'd hold out for a 5*. No rush on it