**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Fluffy wrote: »
    This would all be "okay" if the crystal cost 10$ or something like that. Selling this crystal at 1$ is basically a gift (which it really is in this scenario) that is only available for pay2win players

You still have yet to explain why you "can't" spend $1 on this offer. Until you do explain that I just assume you are choosing to not buy the "gift".

Free2play players decide to not spend any money due to 2 reasons minimum:
    -They simply don't want to spend;
    -They can't spend due to a variety of reasons. This was already analized and explored in the previous posts

....if I ever get "analized and explored" I am calling a lawyer....

"This" = The reason. Pretty sure you misunderstood
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    This would all be "okay" if the crystal cost 10$ or something like that. Selling this crystal at 1$ is basically a gift (which it really is in this scenario) that is only available for pay2win players

You still have yet to explain why you "can't" spend $1 on this offer. Until you do explain that I just assume you are choosing to not buy the "gift".

-They can't spend due to a variety of reasons. This was already analized and explored in the previous posts

:D

Joke still stands. I would suggest spell checking...but there is no guarantee your spell checker would catch your "mistake"?
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Sometimes this place is fun....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Raganator wrote: »

Joke still stands. I would suggest spell checking...but there is no guarantee your spell checker would catch your "mistake"?

I don't know the reason for that comment since I dind't spelled anything wrong.

Analyze my friend. They picked up on "analize". Something totally different.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

That time either?

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    We would need 11,193 people per day to like it. Problem is......most of the players have already liked the page so they need about 195,000 new players to like the page. Not going to happen especially since the marketing appears to only be on the forums.

They aren't doing any real marketing. That's why we have this incentive. We are supposed to do thousands of dollars of marketing for them in the next few weeks just so we can buy something cheaply from them. It's a great idea for them, but it sucks for us since we are doing alot of free work and might end up with nothing for it.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I made a cheap/easy joke at a spelling error, due to me sometimes having the mental maturity of a 12 year old. As @GroundedWisdom, your intent was the word "analyze", it had no bearing on the discussion at hand....just me being a goofy jackass.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I made a cheap/easy joke at a spelling error, due to me sometimes having the mental maturity of a 12 year old. As @GroundedWisdom, your intent was the word "analyze", it had no bearing on the discussion at hand....just me being a goofy jackass.

This is worth having an argument about.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    It's just a dollar deal, take it or leave it. Other than quit complaining
  • JFerg114JFerg114 Posts: 122
    I don't even have a Facebook page, so you're screwed hit me up on Twitter though!
  • I'm about 99% sure that Kabam is the first company to run a promotion to increase their online presence and then follow it up with a sale on their product. Talk about a stupid idea.

I can't think of a perfect example off the top of my head, but I'm reasonably sure you're not correct here. I know that companies have run Facebook like or follow campaigns where people who start following or liking the corporate page have a chance at a coupon of some kind, which is essentially offering a sale, and only to a subset of the people doing the likes (possibly as few as one). Companies have also run promotions to drive up followers and likes by offering to refund the purchase price of an item from a random person, which implies the only way to have a chance at winning anything is to actually spend money first and hope to get something back.

Given what I can recall actually happening in Facebook ad campaigns, I think it is unlikely that Kabam was the first to do this.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »

nah, i'm pretty okay with it being $1 as well, i'm sure, are a lot of other people.

also, nowhere has this been stated by kabam that this was a gift. in both the in game message and the announcement it says that they will be adding a $1 crystal.

Selling something like this at this price to commemorate an achievement ... Yep it's a gift basically

I'm sorry, but there's no way this line of thought is remotely fair. First you're saying that since the crystal cost is "only" a dollar, it is essentially a gift. Then you are saying that since it is a gift, it shouldn't cost actual money. That isn't quite circular reasoning, but perhaps it is Moebius reasoning. You're alternating between saying a dollar is essentially zero, and saying the difference between a dollar and zero is materially significant.

If the difference between a dollar and zero dollars is important enough to be a deal breaker for someone, then the offer cannot be "essentially" a gift. If the cost is low enough to be considered a gift, then it is low enough to be considered immaterial to any purchaser. Conversely, if the cost is material enough to be a deal breaker, that cost is significant and the offer is not a gift. You cannot reasonably claim both.

I'm saying that the way this offer is being released, is basically a "gift" that is only available for pay2win players only, leaving a big amount of free2play players without ways to get this.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Don't worry, I see now. You don't wanna spend $1... that's on you then isn't it.

How many 13 to 16 year olds play this game? How many of them have a credit card.......probably 0. So yes it's rather ridiculous that Kabam makes it a dollar and not 100 units so that everyone that "LIKES" the page can actually get the reward. But you are just so focused on it only costs $1. Well if thats the case and it's just a dollar then why don't you fund all the people in this game that helped reach the 1 million goal by paying their dollar. It's just a dollar a person should be pretty easy for you.

I kinda get what you are saying here.....and if the 1 dollar crystal was the only thing that was going to happen if they hit their facebook goal...I would kinda agree with you. But since it also includes the 2* arena which will give out 10k 5* shards at no financial cost as long as you put in the effort....there is a benefit that does not involve giving Kabam money....

Yes but it's not an equal benefit. Don't forget there's a high probability of pulling a terrible 5* while the $1 crystal guarantees a god tier 4*. So it's not apples to apples. This obviously doesn't affect me at all but I can see why a lot of players with facebook pages would say forget this I'm not liking it since they tied it to a purchase offer. It's just bad marketing which unfortunately this game is known for.

There is also a chance of pulling a great 5*. It costs nothing to like them on facebook, and you can unlike them after if you want. I criticize Kabam all the time and they make lots of bad decisions (like the current version of War), but I don't see what's not to like here. I feel like the community has gotten into the habit of criticizing everything Kabam does which kind of weakens our voice when there is something to criticize.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Don't worry, I see now. You don't wanna spend $1... that's on you then isn't it.

How many 13 to 16 year olds play this game? How many of them have a credit card.......probably 0. So yes it's rather ridiculous that Kabam makes it a dollar and not 100 units so that everyone that "LIKES" the page can actually get the reward. But you are just so focused on it only costs $1. Well if thats the case and it's just a dollar then why don't you fund all the people in this game that helped reach the 1 million goal by paying their dollar. It's just a dollar a person should be pretty easy for you.

your local grocery store should sell gift cards to itunes or google play of which you can pay for it in any acceptable legal tender you wish.

Do 13 year olds drive cars? Weird I didn't think they could. And do they really sell $1 itunes gift cards? Pretty sure the answer is no to that also.

There are also loads of people over 13-16 who can buy the crystal for $1, just ask your parents to use a $1 or buy a $5 gift card.

Simple
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

nah, i'm pretty okay with it being $1 as well, i'm sure, are a lot of other people.

also, nowhere has this been stated by kabam that this was a gift. in both the in game message and the announcement it says that they will be adding a $1 crystal.

Selling something like this at this price to commemorate an achievement ... Yep it's a gift basically

I'm sorry, but there's no way this line of thought is remotely fair. First you're saying that since the crystal cost is "only" a dollar, it is essentially a gift. Then you are saying that since it is a gift, it shouldn't cost actual money. That isn't quite circular reasoning, but perhaps it is Moebius reasoning. You're alternating between saying a dollar is essentially zero, and saying the difference between a dollar and zero is materially significant.

If the difference between a dollar and zero dollars is important enough to be a deal breaker for someone, then the offer cannot be "essentially" a gift. If the cost is low enough to be considered a gift, then it is low enough to be considered immaterial to any purchaser. Conversely, if the cost is material enough to be a deal breaker, that cost is significant and the offer is not a gift. You cannot reasonably claim both.

I'm saying that the way this offer is being released, is basically a "gift" that is only available for pay2win players only, leaving a big amount of free2play players without ways to get this.

@eXtripa69 how would you feel if the deal was literally one cents? Would it still be against your morals. I’m not taking the piss here this is a genuine question
    It's not a Gift. It's a Special Offer that Players are voting on. There is a difference.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

@eXtripa69 how would you feel if the deal was literally one cents? Would it still be against your morals. I’m not taking the piss here this is a genuine question

If I understand @eXtripa69 correctly, his issue is not that he doesn't want to spend the money or that the cost of the offer is too high. It is the reverse: since the cost is so low, its unfair to the F2P players because it basically gives too much value to the paying players.

I don't agree with the position, but I can understand it. Consider this: suppose Kabam offered a thousand 5* crystals for ten thousand dollars. In relative terms that is a pretty good deal: that's ten bucks per 5* crystal. However, the problem is that the cost is so high only the richest players could buy it. Because only the richest players could buy it, but when they do they would be getting an enormous advantage over other players, there's something about that offer that would be unpalatable to many players. It seems to be offering extremely good value, but only to a tiny segment of the playerbase that could take advantage of it.

There's a similar line of thought with the poll crystal. It is likely to contain very good value. In fact, the value compared to the cost is extremely good. But the players that do not want to spend money *at all* on the game cannot acquire it. So they will lose out on that value, while presumably practically every paying player will likely get it. Lowering the cost actually makes that problem worse: it increases the relative value that those players would be missing out on.

The critical difference here is that there's a subtle but important difference in the intent of the offers being discussed. A mega-whale offer is targeted at the highest spending players only. The dollar crystal is actually being targeted at *everyone*. Yes, that includes the free to play players, because the intent of such high value low cost offers is almost always (in part) to convert free to play players into paying customers.

It is this critical distinction that makes the two situations different. If you presume that the two groups of players - paying and non-paying - are like "races" of people that are immutable and fixed, consistently handing one group more stuff than the other can seem unfair. But the premise of F2P gaming is that non-paying customers are not immutable, they can be converted into paying customers with the right offer.

If you believe a game company shouldn't do this, if "free to play" is like a religion they are supposed to respect, then teaser offers like this could be argued to be unfair. But if you believe this, the entire industry falls down without a foundation. If you believe all players, free or paying, can and should be equally targeted with advertising and commercial offers, and it is up to them to choose on a case by case basis whether they will pay or not, then these offers are not unfair, because they do not single any particular group of players unfairly. For this situation, non-paying customers are not a protected group of people. They are the potential pool of future paying customers. Every single one of the paying customers started off in that group.
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    Greetings Summoners!

The Official Marvel Contest of Champions Facebook Page has recently surpassed 750,000 Likes on Facebook! We’re celebrating by sending you all a few helpful items, and a Premium Hero Crystal.

While 750,000 Likes is pretty great, the Grandmaster wants to reach even further! Join us in our Drive to 1 Million Likes by December 4th, and unlock some great celebration events! What do we have in mind? Take a look!

Choose which Champions you’d like included in a special summoners choice crystal!

We’ll be running some special polls very soon, in which we’ll ask all of you to choose the 2 Best Champions of each class! Then, we’ll add a 4-Star Version of the Top 12 (2 of each class) into a special crystal that will be available for only $1 USD!

Which Champions are eligible? Any champion that is included in a regular crystal that was released up until Morningstar. This means that the polls will not include Champions like Vision (Classic), Deadpool, Ultron (Classic), Thanos, Kang, Immortal Ironfist, Unstoppable Colossus, Punisher, Thor (Ragnarok), The Realm of Legends Champions, etc.

The Top 12 Champion Crystal polls will be open for voting from 11/20 (18:00:00 UTC) to 11/27 (18:00:00 UTC), visit the Marvel Contest of Champions Facebook page for more information later. (http://www.facebook.com/MarvelContestofChampions).

The Million Made Arena

We’ll run a special 7-Day, 1-Star and 2-Star Champion arena, with lots of 5-Star Shards in the Milestone Rewards! Can you make it to 1 million points and score yourself 10,000 5-Star Shards?

We’ll be upping the points awarded from 1-Star and 2-Star Champions for this special arena, and it will take approximately 500 fights to collect all of the Milestones. Not able to hit all of them? Don’t worry! The 10,000 Shards are spread among all of the Milestones. Collect what you can!

Collector Crystal!

We’ll be bringing back the Collector Crystal for purchase! This Crystal will contain 1 and 2-Star Champions that you can use to fill your collection, and use them in The Million Made arena.

This Crystal contains a whole slew of 2-Star Champions that are not normally available in the Daily Crystal or Premium Hero Crystals! Get them while you can!
    Now that you know what we can unlock together, help us hit 1 Million Likes! Head over to Facebook and Like our Page now! http://www.facebook.com/MarvelContestofChampions

Q&A:

Q: Is this event only for English speaking players? I didn’t receive a message about it in game, but my friend did.
    A: Absolutely not! This event, and all of the cool stuff that can be unlocked is for everybody! Because our Facebook page and all of its contents are in English, we chose to only send the message out to players that play in English. This doesn’t mean that everybody isn’t welcome to take part.

Q: Does the Collector Crystal include every Champion as a 2-Star Version?
    A: Not every Champion in the game has a 2-Star Version created for them, so there are a few that won’t be included.

Q: Does the Collector Crystal include the 1-Star Spider-Man that I sold?
    A: Yes! This is your chance to reclaim any of the Champions that you collected at the beginning of your journey in the Battlerealm! (1-Star Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Ironman)

Hey, Miike What if you don't have an FB account and you're not allowed to make one? Do you still get the same rewards as the people that did like? or something smaller?
    I agree with DNA in that it's targeted at everyone possible, but I don't see it as separating anyone. On the contrary, I think the price is low to make it accessible to everyone. The last time this type of Event took place, it was a free 3*. This, however, will be a Crystal containing a 4* of the Top 12 selections. It has value. It's not reasonably expected to be given as a Gift.
    For the record, the free 3* had value as well. I was highlighting a point.
    edited November 2017
    Greetings Summoners!

The Official Marvel Contest of Champions Facebook Page has recently surpassed 750,000 Likes on Facebook! We’re celebrating by sending you all a few helpful items, and a Premium Hero Crystal.

While 750,000 Likes is pretty great, the Grandmaster wants to reach even further! Join us in our Drive to 1 Million Likes by December 4th, and unlock some great celebration events! What do we have in mind? Take a look!

Choose which Champions you’d like included in a special summoners choice crystal!

We’ll be running some special polls very soon, in which we’ll ask all of you to choose the 2 Best Champions of each class! Then, we’ll add a 4-Star Version of the Top 12 (2 of each class) into a special crystal that will be available for only $1 USD!

Which Champions are eligible? Any champion that is included in a regular crystal that was released up until Morningstar. This means that the polls will not include Champions like Vision (Classic), Deadpool, Ultron (Classic), Thanos, Kang, Immortal Ironfist, Unstoppable Colossus, Punisher, Thor (Ragnarok), The Realm of Legends Champions, etc.

The Top 12 Champion Crystal polls will be open for voting from 11/20 (18:00:00 UTC) to 11/27 (18:00:00 UTC), visit the Marvel Contest of Champions Facebook page for more information later. (http://www.facebook.com/MarvelContestofChampions).

The Million Made Arena

We’ll run a special 7-Day, 1-Star and 2-Star Champion arena, with lots of 5-Star Shards in the Milestone Rewards! Can you make it to 1 million points and score yourself 10,000 5-Star Shards?

We’ll be upping the points awarded from 1-Star and 2-Star Champions for this special arena, and it will take approximately 500 fights to collect all of the Milestones. Not able to hit all of them? Don’t worry! The 10,000 Shards are spread among all of the Milestones. Collect what you can!

Collector Crystal!

We’ll be bringing back the Collector Crystal for purchase! This Crystal will contain 1 and 2-Star Champions that you can use to fill your collection, and use them in The Million Made arena.

This Crystal contains a whole slew of 2-Star Champions that are not normally available in the Daily Crystal or Premium Hero Crystals! Get them while you can!
    Now that you know what we can unlock together, help us hit 1 Million Likes! Head over to Facebook and Like our Page now! http://www.facebook.com/MarvelContestofChampions

Q&A:

Q: Is this event only for English speaking players? I didn’t receive a message about it in game, but my friend did.
    A: Absolutely not! This event, and all of the cool stuff that can be unlocked is for everybody! Because our Facebook page and all of its contents are in English, we chose to only send the message out to players that play in English. This doesn’t mean that everybody isn’t welcome to take part.

Q: Does the Collector Crystal include every Champion as a 2-Star Version?
    A: Not every Champion in the game has a 2-Star Version created for them, so there are a few that won’t be included.

Q: Does the Collector Crystal include the 1-Star Spider-Man that I sold?
    A: Yes! This is your chance to reclaim any of the Champions that you collected at the beginning of your journey in the Battlerealm! (1-Star Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Ironman)

Hey, Miike What if you don't have an FB account and you're not allowed to make one? Do you still get the same rewards as the people that did like? or something smaller?

If we reach goal, it will be accessible for everyone. It's not required to have a Facebook Account.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Piviot wrote: »
    This event could undermine the whole structure of the game. It is basically giving anyone whom has a roster of 2 stars a full 5 star. Doesn’t seem like much balance. I worked for a year and a half to get my first five star. it Would be better if they had tiered quests for ratings.

The game is not making any attempt to balance the reward earnings of today with a year and a half ago. As time progresses, the reward earning rate rises. There are players that worked months to get their first T4B, and now we get a free one every month for showing up. Not only are rewards for monthly events higher now than they were just a few months ago, there's an entire tier of content and rewards that didn't exist originally.

Sometimes the game will offer higher rewards for players with higher progress. Sometimes they will offer a baseline of rewards that a significant fraction of the playerbase can all acquire with roughly similar effort. Sometimes they will just hand stuff out. The idea is to incentivize progress, but not to the point where newer players are permanently left behind.

I'm sorry DNA monthly rewards a few months ago was wasn't like 5k 5* shards (few as in 3-4)

You can't honestly say these past months(not including these one till final) is better than the great one

I'm not sure if this is a language barrier thing, but I believe you are referring to the monthly calendar. The monthly events are things like the Gods of the Arena event currently running. Those rewards have been increased over time, including most recently a few months ago.

The monthly calendar had one really good month if you are counting 5* fragments, and aside from that have fluctuated up and down. But the most important thing about the calendar is that it exists at all, and providing free rewards that a player more than a year and a half ago wouldn't be getting at all.

Yea you talking bout ppl getting t4bc for free for logging on so my misunderstandings that you wasn’t talking about the calendar my bad(sarcasm)
  • zMaoriiboiizMaoriiboii Posts: 150
    edited November 2017
    Wont be a free 4*. It'll be a free 2* with a increased chance at a 3* or 4*