**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why teams shouldn't be allowed to attack in AW with no defenders

I am a veteran player since 2015 and I have noticed that teams decide to not place defenders and just attack to try and cheat my team from winning. I feel that this should NOT be allowed and if a team doesn't place any defenders, they shouldn't be allowed an attack phase and the win should forfeit to the opposing team for trying to cheat. I am also shocked that through all the known issues on your list that this one isn't on there yet so I am informing y'all to make this game more fair to the players, like myself, so I am never cheated out of my glory on the battlefield... ty for your time

Comments

• Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Seriously they leave a bare field? I would totally agree! And the alliance that is doing that should be banned for cheating.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Screen shot it next time and send it in to Kabam support.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What advantage do they gain by not placing defenders?
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    What advantage do they gain by not placing defenders?

You can’t score points for attacker kills, but I thought this had been fixed and no longer worked?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    How are you losing these wars against nonexistent defence?
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    They don't get points for defenders placed or diversity by doing this. If you have an alliance that is coordinated enough to at least cover all nodes then you win by placing 1 champ. Take the easy win and don't complain about free rewards
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    That has already been changed.

It used to be that attacker kills were worth more than defender kills. At that time, diversity was massively important, as diversity + placed was 25 points more than attacker kill. If you had any fewer than 80% of your placed champions being diverse, you would lose to an empty battlefield if the opponent was able to 100%.

Now, however, defenders placed is equal to attacker kills, so the difference is scores is based on how many are left on each side after the war. If they start with 5 defenders and kill all but 5, while you kill nothing, that's still a tie. If they start with 0 and kill everything, that's still a tie. That leaves diversity and defender rating. Do you think you can get more diverse and a higher pi than an empty field? If not, you deserve the loss.

It might not be fun, but facing an empty field is almost a guaranteed win. The only way it isn't is if they manage to kill more bosses than you, at which point you would have lost anyways. Playing without defenders is asking to lose if your opponent is even slightly competent, since it focuses all 30 champs on what few champs remain. They aren't stronger champs than could have been placed before, so if you can't get them down without other opposition, you wouldn't get them down with it (with the two possible exceptions of Morningstar and Mephisto).

It's not "cheating" any more. It's a way to lose before ever fighting.

On the other hand, let's say we go with your suggestion. If they don't place defenders, they instantly lose and the teams are released to start their next war. How many rewards should the placing team get? 100% since they faced no opposition? If they start another war instantly, they have a chance of fighting 5 wars against everyone else's 3. That seems unbalanced since that "unlucky" team would be getting 66% more rewards than other teams despite never actually fighting.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    @Dr_Samurai528, I thought this was a known issue in the past, it was flagged, Kabam took action and changed the AW, therefore after that change, ppl who place NO DEFENDER will certainly loose the AW.

If so, is there still a problem for hardworking and honest players from being cheated and taken advantage of? Just in case there are some corner cases being missed out that need to be handled specifically, if there is, can you pls provide the specific situation the new AW is not fixing?

thanks