**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can you fix Daredevil's broken medium dash attack? [Under Investigation]

MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
His uppercut. He doesn't reach the opponent and whiffs often. This has been an ongoing issue for months. Why haven't you fixed this?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Can we get an acknowledgement from a moderator on this issue?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @MSRDLD. I just did some testing on this, and wasn't able to see any issue with the range of his uppercut. Can you let me know your device and OS version, and the game mode and opponent champ you've most recently seen this against? Thanks!
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Okay, here’s how it works, for any mods trying to replicate it
    Bait a heavy from a wolverine. Try to dash in extremely soon. If you go in soon enough, daredevil will miss, and you’ll be food for wolvie’s claws
    edited November 2017
    So you're saying to dash in while Wolverine is still charging the heavy, or after he attacks with it?
    Right after he attacks, just soon enough that you aren’t hit
    edited November 2017
    I’m sure there’s a video somewhere, I just don’t know where. Same goes for spidey, and all flipping heavies like theirs. DD’s dash-in will always miss
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Also, if one of the large modeled characters goes for an uppercut heavy(like rhino's animation) right as you are about to hit, DD will completely miss on that attack as well, cause you to eat the heavy.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    also...try against ANY spider or sym...DD is useless in AQ for months... best answer i got from kabam(i reported problem about 5months ago,and few times after that) is to learn how to play better or learn how to use my champions better...
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3y2E2gWIo

here's a good video of it. ignoring the parts where spiderman's auto evade kicks in, this bug has been around for a long time, so i don't understand why "more info is needed"
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Lol yeah, that is pretty bad. XD
    Dat Music though XD
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    in fact, this has been talked about many times by mods, and at one point was even listed as a fixed bug that wasn't fixed.
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @MSRDLD. I just did some testing on this, and wasn't able to see any issue with the range of his uppercut. Can you let me know your device and OS version, and the game mode and opponent champ you've most recently seen this against? Thanks!

I don't have video evidence, but it happened to me several times during AQ Map 5. I used to bring OG Daredevil with me so I could fight the Yellow Jacket but I have stopped bringing him because he can't survive. This issue kills him.

I use an Android Samsung Galaxy S7
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Further explanation (as a poster said, this has been described many times and claimed to be fixed, and has not been, rendering DD useless for over a year): Any kick-flip heavy attack champ (Spidey, Symbioid especially) can launch a heavy attack. At the completion of the heavy, if you charge in with a DD medium attack/dash attack, he whiffs the uppercut, and you get destroyed.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    edited November 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3y2E2gWIo

here's a good video of it. ignoring the parts where spiderman's auto evade kicks in, this bug has been around for a long time, so i don't understand why "more info is needed"

just to be clear, classic DD have the same issue, for a long, long, long time now
    Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was asking for more info because the issue with the backflip heavy in the video posted here has been fixed. I just tested this with both Daredevils and was able to nail Spider-Man with my dash attack after every baited Heavy.
  • This is indeed not fixed. I use dd daily posted about this before. It's been a problem for quite some time and still happens.
    I'll take him to AQ Day 1 next week and see if I can record some fights. Appears nothing can be done until more video evidence is shown.
    I have a video of the bug but I don't know how to share it
    I have uploaded it to YouTube. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/GqJLJjN92Wk
    This happened 3 times during the battle. I made a gif of it on the third instance.

kj2rd53spjhv.gif
    @Kabam Wolf Is this evidence sufficient to take to the game team?
    @MSRDLD I still wasn't able to reproduce this, even using an S7. That being said, I went ahead and took this to the team. I'll let you know once I have more info for you. Thanks for taking the time to make a video!
    I have only seen it against during Map 5 game play. I've tested it against Captain America, Wolverine, and Spiderman Classic in duels and haven't been able to reproduce it either. I don't know how, but it appears, for me anyway, to only happen in AQ Map 5
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    edited December 2017
    @MSRDLD I still wasn't able to reproduce this, even using an S7. That being said, I went ahead and took this to the team. I'll let you know once I have more info for you. Thanks for taking the time to make a video!

Not sure if helps, but for me happens a lot in map 5, Q2, fighting the first red symbioid (the immune to all negative effects), i hold my block until he use a heavy attack and them i dash back and dash forward, and hit 'nothing' like the video
    Thalion wrote: »

Not sure if helps, but for me happens a lot in map 5, Q2, fighting the first red symbioid (the immune to all negative effects), i hold my block until he use a heavy attack and them i dash back and dash forward, and hit 'nothing' like the video

Yeah, just like the video above.