**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would you max out a 5* or save to rank a 6*

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
With us being able to max a 5* soon (or at least have the opportunity) as I imagine end of Act 5 will reward enough to do 1 5*.

Would you rank a 5* up or hold those new basics and t2 alphas to take a 6* to rank 2?

Or is it dependent on who the 5* is?

Comments

• Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    All depends on the champ. I'm in favor of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" approach, so if maxing out a 5* will help you now, then that's what I would do.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Thing with holding for a 6* is that you might get a bum as your first one or two, they won't be duped, etc. Meanwhile, if you're at the point where you've finished act 5, you likely have a few decent 5*s worth ranking.

I'm pretty sure a maxed 5* Blade is superior to an unduped r2 6* Spidergwen.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    So far, none of the current content requires 6* champions to compete it. People have finished 5.3 and LOL with 4* & 5* champs. Other than LOL and maybe 5.3, you don't even need 5* champs. And I'm sure you could complete all current content with the right 4* champs and a high level of skill and/or $$. I'd imagine that 5.4 will be very playable with a nice stable of 5* champs.

So I wouldn't be in a huge rush to rank 6* champs out of the gate unless it's just really important for you to be one of the first to do it. I'm guessing the 6* crystal will be handled the same way the 5* had been for a couple years and you'll only get basic champs like CM, WS, IP, etc....basically no one you'd probably be in a hurry to rank anyway.

I'd rank the 5* personally (if it's a strong champ) and hopefully by the time you've got a worthy 6*, you've rebuilt your cat inventory to rank it.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Thing with holding for a 6* is that you might get a bum as your first one or two, they won't be duped, etc. Meanwhile, if you're at the point where you've finished act 5, you likely have a few decent 5*s worth ranking.

I'm pretty sure a maxed 5* Blade is superior to an unduped r2 6* Spidergwen.

Yeah that's very true lol
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    So far, none of the current content requires 6* champions to compete it. People have finished 5.3 and LOL with 4* & 5* champs. Other than LOL and maybe 5.3, you don't even need 5* champs. And I'm sure you could complete all current content with the right 4* champs and a high level of skill and/or $$. I'd imagine that 5.4 will be very playable with a nice stable of 5* champs.

So I wouldn't be in a huge rush to rank 6* champs out of the gate unless it's just really important for you to be one of the first to do it. I'm guessing the 6* crystal will be handled the same way the 5* had been for a couple years and you'll only get basic champs like CM, WS, IP, etc....basically no one you'd probably be in a hurry to rank anyway.

I'd rank the 5* personally (if it's a strong champ) and hopefully by the time you've got a worthy 6*, you've rebuilt your cat inventory to rank it.
    You're are absolutly right. You can easily finish act 5 with only 4* maxed.
    Rttl and Rol too. Lol is a bit more tricky and $$$$ so I'm with you with a decent 5* i would rather rank him up
  • Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    about 90% of the 6* champs will be trash (ironman, luke cage,civil warrior etc). The same way the starting pool of 5* champs was so bad. Because of that, absolutely focus on your 5*'s, because 6* are going to suck for about a year (half a year at minimum)
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Yes, let's see who are the first champs to be in the 6* pool.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    about 90% of the 6* champs will be trash (ironman, luke cage,civil warrior etc). The same way the starting pool of 5* champs was so bad. Because of that, absolutely focus on your 5*'s, because 6* are going to suck for about a year (half a year at minimum)

This is a good point. Kabam keeps the worthless champs around for just that reason. The first batch will be Kamala, She-Hulk, etc...
  • Options
    If the thing I was ranking to rank 5 was going to allow me to do content I can't do now, or win me rewards I can't get now, or save me money or units doing things I'm already going to do, I'd rank up now. If none of those things are true, I would save for 6* champs. Heck, I would save for a better 5* champ even if 6* champs were not coming. When the resource I'm using is very hard to get, I only spend it if I get an immediate return on investment or if I'm about to lose it to expiration. Otherwise, I don't spend the resources.
  • Options
    Neither? I’m with @DNA3000 on this one.

Unless I was trying to 100% LoL or they come out with Act 6 sooner rather later why bother?

By the time i can R5 the 5* I’d be done with Act 5 so I can’t really think of too many reasons I would need to make a move.
  • Options
    zero7 wrote: »
    i wonder how big a difference starlord being r5 would make for LoL? i think you would still want to use attack synergies for the enrage timer for another champ you bring along, so i don’t think starlord’s rank would omit the need for attack synergies. then, his attack and health would be higher but his attack increases so fast during the fight that it probably wouldn’t be a game-changer to start with a higher attack. in fact, if not for th enrage timer, i don’t think 5* starlord is that much bette than 4* starlord (in realm of legends it is the difference between ~150 hits and ~125 hits). at first i thought r5 starlord would be amazing for LoL, but on second thought, the only t5b at this point may be better used in someone else. thoughts?

One thought I had was that I always assumed that what we know about the enrage timer in LoL came from player testing, and the devs never actually specified precisely what the LoL mechanics were fully. If that is the case, do we know for certain that if we brought champions into LoL with significantly higher attack than anything we can currently assemble there isn't some further effect on the enrage timer or other currently unknown advantages?

If nothing else, higher health might allow you another couple of combos before you go down which could help at least a little.
  • Options
    Gonna take forever to pull a desirable 6* and then dupe them. I'll rankup 5* and then worry about 6* later.