**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Android over iPhone for MCOC

Hi everyone I have a question about running android or iOS operating system in this game. I currently use a Samsung Galaxy s6 active which is old and outdated and I'm about to get a new phone what would you truly suggest is the way to go. I personally love my Samsung and can use it with my 65" curved Samsung tv which is nice. But when I play the LOL it's seems after a couple mins to start getting glitchy against the AI is this just due to the phones ram not being able to keep up with the information coming in? I have sick internet which is extremely fast so I know that's not the issue. Let me know what you guys in the community think and thank you for reading this thread.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I play mostly on an iPad mini 4 and for the most part it's great but definitely not fast enough for a legends run. My phone is a Samsung note 5 and it's junk for the game. I'm due for a new phone too so this is a good thread to follow. I prefer to have android but not sure if they are good enough for the game to do a legends run. Guess the iPhone X has some compatibility issues at the moment.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I'm currently on a Note 8. Previously a Note 4. My 4 still works fine, but the Note 8 definitely blows it away. Also, built in screen recording for games ftw.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    The latest Android phones with the new processor makes gameplay comparable to iPhone. LG V30, Note 8,Pixel 2.

Youll soon see a host of new names in the legend list as android players finally start getting their fare share.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I'm getting the pixel 2 soon as my upgrade is ready in January
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited February 2018
    Don't buy iPhone just for this game. That's nonsense.
    It runs perfectly fine on Android. Android is much better than iOS (overall).
    It's true that loading time is slightly better on iOS devices, also iPhones are better for legends run. But It's not big of a deal. You can live with that.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Opted out of the Apple ecosystem years ago. Played on the (at that time) best Android phones only. Eg, S6 Edge +, S8. Tried iPhone X. Never looked back. And probably never will. People who claim Android is smoother are slightly deluded. Or smoke too many surfers. ;) Since they fixed iPhone X issues, this is the best gaming experience I ever had on any device. Silky smooth. I’d not trade this phone in for five S8’s, as far as gameplay is concerned. Whether you think a smooth MCOC experience is worth the premium over any other phone, is personal. But that’s not the subject here.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Galaxy Note 8 user here and loving it. Gameplay is very smooth and load times are fast but not faster than an iPhone 8. I don't buy phones based on apps. I don't care about legends runs and the 6GB of ram on this device will ensure this runs very smooth for a very long time (iPhones have 3 GB and while their processor will ensure faster load times, their lack of ram will ensure faster degradation).
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    What you end up doing OP @Lost0187 did you adapt, got another device or..?☺
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    A phones a phone, all the same apart from a few little things which isn’t even important.

Ring ✔️
    Text ✔️

All that matters
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @DarkestDestroyer i dontunderstand how that is relevant
  • Even if android has better technical hardware, this game is made to run better on iPhone
    Rodstein wrote: »
    @DarkestDestroyer i dontunderstand how that is relevant

How is the post even relevant?

Someone is basing a real life decision on the game, what does it matter what the games like on phones?

Just enjoy real life and buy the phone you want.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Android is fine it's just the constant lags this game has.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    And iOS I tried for a couple years on an IPad 5, it's more faster yes but definitely not smoother than top android phones
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    A phones a phone, all the same apart from a few little things which isn’t even important.

Ring ✔️
    Text ✔️

All that matters

So you're still using one of these then I guess?

527e0abvkznx.png
    Acanthus wrote: »

Ring ✔️
    Text ✔️

All that matters

527e0abvkznx.png

Not at all, but I didn’t base my decision on a game, that’s not right.

I do have one of those still though for snake, the best OG game of phones 👍
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »

Ring ✔️
    Text ✔️

All that matters

527e0abvkznx.png

Talk all you want about the OG Nokia phones, but they were the best phones in that point in time lol
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Serious note: Everyone has their company, and/or style they like. Both companies produce nice devices.

If you're looking at a phone, please don't pay attention to the Android vs iOS people love to mention. Find something that works for "you" overall. The game runs perfectly fine on both platforms. Don't let a "legend" badge determine it. Legends badges aren't as legit anymore, they hand them out like hot cakes. So don't worry about it.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I have played on several devices over the last few years.
    I started on a Galaxy S5, then went to a Note 7, when it was recalled I switched to a S7 Edge. After a few months I sold the S7 edge and got an Iphone 7+ and haven't looked back. The iphone out preformed every other device I have used. I am eligible for an upgrade and will probably be getting an IPhone 8+ very soon.

My daughter has a cheapy LG 50 dollar smartphone and while its fine for her (shes 12) I find the game unplayable on that phone. The loading times are ridiculous and the lag is absolutely terrible. You can barely evade anything let alone time parry correctly.
    Serious note: Everyone has their company, and/or style they like. Both companies produce nice devices.

If you're looking at a phone, please don't pay attention to the Android vs iOS people love to mention. Find something that works for "you" overall. The game runs perfectly fine on both platforms. Don't let a "legend" badge determine it. Legends badges aren't as legit anymore, they hand them out like hot cakes. So don't worry about it.

Yep completely agree, I’ve played on both Samsung galaxy and IPhone, game is faster loading on an iphone, everything else is the same as an android.

So just go for what you like, as this guy says