**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

King Groots furys [Under Investigation]

GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
How come King Groots poison damage aint increased the more he has furys?

With every other champ who gains fury and has dot damage, the dot damage is incresed if fury is on
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Thank you for putting screen shots with your comments. I've wondered the same thing myself--his Sp2 is incredibly underwhelming. Any mod want to put this one under investigation?

Dr. Zola
  • MæxMæx Posts: 28
    No mod hasnt commented on this so i decided to bring this up again, and also have some photos attached too that KG:s poison doesnt scale based on attack.

Here is a photo of me fighting against KG in act 5 and the poison is only 104 per tic, even tho his attack is boosted by 350% from the node.clvw6zdj8oia.png
    4wldflvu3jyf.png
    mp5pp2jvy4n2.png
    l1y9av7p1gpb.png

And Photo photo of me fighting against ROL WS and not using any synergys nor boosts, and the damage is even more than a 5* boosted KG:s. 105 per tic
    2s9vq1zgbif6.png
    ciyre0cnu79t.png

And as we know, all dot damage inflicted on a powershield node during special attack is scaled to do 400% increased damage, but with KG that is not the case
    8tn1uywi89i5.pngya5o1drbjpji.png

Could somebody clarify me why this is the case on KG?

He's not a very popular guy anyway but would be just nice to get some boosting to his poison damage.

Question, why would you bring x 23 into king groom, he’s bleed immune
    X23 gets cruelty stacks against bleed immune champs.

Dr. Zola
  • Hey @Greenstroke, I'll get this looked into and let you know as soon as we have more information. Thanks for providing the screenshots and other info as well!
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Poison damage isn't increasing with fury ,all that's happening is when you have fury buffs king groot would lose one and apply 2x poison debuffs instead of just 1
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Spera wrote: »
    Poison damage isn't increasing with fury ,all that's happening is when you have fury buffs king groot would lose one and apply 2x poison debuffs instead of just 1

Actually DoT abilities ARE increased with fury.

Voodoo with the random buff (rolled in fury)

Hyperion Incinerate when boosted by either Cosmic charged or Fury

And the Star Lord Dupe+Fury SHOCK FROM ZEUS HIMSELF!

Or any DoT female with the Women’s day bonus

Even synergies with attack+ and DoT champions

Even Carnage with Fury does extra bleed (same with Venonpool if he rolls Rage or Fury)

Also Class bonus, Blade’s danger sense with bleed, and Stark Spider Shock with poise all get boosted

It’s tbe reason Angela DOESN’T have Bleed cause even a 50% Damage Bleed on crits off a 142-216% boosted attack (a total of 242-316% after adding her base) would be over 150% Bleed on crits and as we know Angela is pretty powerful with her blunt sword and making it sharp would be deadly as HECK with little she couldn’t kill even when facing bleed immune
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Just needed to ask a quick follow-up question @Greenstroke: do you remember if King Groot had any Fury's on him at the time the Poison was applied? If so, do you remember how many? The information could help in trying to replicate this since damaging debuffs typically scale their damage based on the applying Champion's stats at the time the debuff is applied, so Fury buffs he gained afterward wouldn't increase the Poison's damage.

I did all specials during the regen period so he wouldnt have any furys on to get as close comparison as possible on all photos, so there would be only one poison active.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    @Mr_Otter I know how it's supposed to work , we're here talking about king groot specifically and I'm saying how he is acting now .
    Obviously he's not working correctly
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Please can you fix king groot damage. Why he is so low on attack. I have stacked 10 armor breaks and damage is the same.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Spera wrote: »
    @Mr_Otter I know how it's supposed to work , we're here talking about king groot specifically and I'm saying how he is acting now .
    Obviously he's not working correctly

Oops sorry misread it while overtired. My bad
  • Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    Guys I've played King Groot as a 5 star plenty of times. The poison damage doesn't go up he only applys 2 poison debuffs with his SP2 even he has furys active.
    Guys I've played King Groot as a 5 star plenty of times. The poison damage doesn't go up he only applys 2 poison debuffs with his SP2 even he has furys active.

Yep this is the problem i've seen. His poison doesnt scale based on damage
    That is consistent with my experience. Poison damage remains constant regardless of the number of furies.

Dr. Zola
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Please can you fix king groot damage. Why he is so low on attack. I have stacked 10 armor breaks and damage is the same.

Because armor breaks don't work like they used to. They bottom out at 0 armor, they can't go negative any more.

A poison fix would go a long way, but he still has pillow hands.
    Any update/resolution on this one?

Dr. Zola
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit an update would be nice
    Any update on this?
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Because armor breaks don't work like they used to. They bottom out at 0 armor, they can't go negative any more.

No, it does go negative (see Thor), but diminishing returns means it doesn't get as exponentially disastrous as it used to.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

No, it does go negative (see Thor), but diminishing returns means it doesn't get as exponentially disastrous as it used to.

Thor doesn't work like he used to because it won't go negative. DR affects it too. Check out the threads on IF and pure skill
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    no answer yet????? I love KG!!!!!
    Thanks for fixing KG :trollface:

NOT!!!!! What the f is taking so long?