**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Modok's Lab Expert Mode is not Enjoyable

I know it should be challenging, I know it shouldnt be for the faint hearted. I know there are other means of getting 5 star shards and sig stones and rank up material shards.

But, cmon, it shouldnt be disheartening and discouraging. After using a lot of revives and potions (and yeah I need more prep and practice) getting shards and at times no 5 star sig stones at all is just more discouraging to try the next time. But I wanna show my tenacity (or stubbornness or masochism) by doing it over and over again..

Comments

• Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    edited December 2017
    If you are able to complete Master EQ with no problem, then this shouldn't be very difficult. That said, take advantage of being able to roll the dice and change the nodes if they're too powerful for you (or if you don't have a good champ to counter a specific node).

But in all actuality, the difficulty of this thing is about the same as what Master EQ has been. If you struggle with that, then this is going to be just as difficult.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    New content is not about your enjoyment, it's about Kabam's bottom line. The sooner you learn that the less disapointed you'll be. Sounds to me like Expert mode is working as intended if you are using resources.

Full disclosure, I haven't played them yet waiting for the massive update to complete installing on my phone.
  • I know it should be challenging, I know it shouldnt be for the faint hearted. I know there are other means of getting 5 star shards and sig stones and rank up material shards.

But, cmon, it shouldnt be disheartening and discouraging. After using a lot of revives and potions (and yeah I need more prep and practice) getting shards and at times no 5 star sig stones at all is just more discouraging to try the next time. But I wanna show my tenacity (or stubbornness or masochism) by doing it over and over again..

No matter what difficulty level it is, it will be easy for some, challenging for others, and overwhelmingly difficult for the rest. The playerbase encompasses a wide range of rosters and skill levels: this is inevitable.

Personally, I'm actually finding it quite enjoyable. I recognize that is because the content difficulty is coincidentally very close to my maximum capability in the game now, so it is very hard without being impossible. But I've had my share of content being way too difficult for me to complete reasonably and content that I've literally played while falling asleep. If they change it for you, they will unavoidably be breaking it for someone else.

The only question in my mind is whether the difficulty level is appropriate for the reward amounts and for the general target audience, which is likely to be similar to (and slightly higher than) the target for uncollected difficulty. At the moment it appears to be.
  • If you are able to complete Master EQ with no problem, then this shouldn't be very difficult. That said, take advantage of being able to roll the dice and change the nodes if they're too powerful for you (or if you don't have a good champ to counter a specific node).

But in all actuality, the difficulty of this thing is about the same as what Master EQ has been. If you struggle with that, then this is going to be just as difficult.

The map is shorter but the difficulty per fight is significantly higher than master mode quests. It is closer to uncollected difficulty level, and depending on your luck with dice it is probably slightly higher than uncollected in general, not quite as hard as the hardest bosses in uncollected most of the time.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well as the rewards
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    What champions did you use?
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Thanks for the inputs, guys.

I used r3 5star hulk, r5 4 star sparkey, r5 4 star hype, r5 4 star magik, r5 4 star blade. I switch with r5 AA-Ron, or Icebro depending on availability.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    I never had no problem facing bounty bc there nodes were reasonable...yet on expert mode i failed twice and barely survived 3rd attempt and trust me even when i rolled the dice to my liking i still got wrecked. I have beaten many master mode so dont lecture me on my playing skills.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    I never had no problem facing bounty bc there nodes were reasonable...yet on expert mode i failed twice and barely survived 3rd attempt and trust me even when i rolled the dice to my liking i still got wrecked. I have beaten many master mode so dont lecture me on my playing skills.

My friends 2 months into the game are exploring masters and they’re not even average skilled.

If the content is too difficult for you, don’t do it then whine about it. You’re not meant to clear everything.

You’ll feel better if you admit that your skills are lacking then work on improving them.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

I used r3 5star hulk, r5 4 star sparkey, r5 4 star hype, r5 4 star magik, r5 4 star blade. I switch with r5 AA-Ron, or Icebro depending on availability.

Shouldn’t be too difficult with your team. Expert is pretty easy tbh.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I think they hit a home run on this one. It’s not too frequent and monotonous like those Spiderman quests, the rewards are good, and you can control the difficulty to some extent. You can try a buff combo that looks hard but might be doable or spin again. Well thought out and well executed
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

No offense -- seriously, I don't mean to sound like I am super-amazing-skilled -- but I am surprised that you struggled with that roster.

I cleared it with a 5/50 Hyperion, 5/50 OG Vision, 4/40 Archangel, 4/40 Hulk, and 4/40 Magik. All four-stars. I didn't have to do anything crazy until the last boss, Thanos, where I did have to use some revives and potions.

People have the right to complain, but I am just saying that you have a better set of characters available to you than I did
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    If you dont have maxed 4 stars you cannot complete expert mode.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    If you dont have maxed 4 stars you cannot complete expert mode.

That's not accurate. Did it last night. Not a walk in the park and I did use revives, but I got it done. Are people not using the Randomizer or something? Because there are nodes in RTTL that were more annoying if you got a good roll

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I'm struggling with 4/40's but I don't claim to be great. Not going to waste pots on it if I can't get through on merit but I also won't complain about it.

What I don't understand is the scaling between levels, the previous level is a snooze fest but it's easy shards so I won't complain about that either.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Yes , somewhere I am disappointed too , not that the expert challenge is hard but the way it designed, I am sure for Kabam it’s a break through as AI has learned how we played over these years , now AI does things what we have to do to avoid hits but the only things which I don’t like is AI knows our weakness but we don’t know his. Example use of heavy without parry is suicidal , we are at disadvantage cause in the name of buff AI does few things which we can not counter and we lose our best champs .... losing a champ without skills and with skills are two different scenarios. If you are surviving in this game by using resources for growth we should stop using resources. People play for fun and to enjoy, sometimes it’s really frustrating when you are trying so hard to get past a champ and you are keep getting KO , in this heat of the moment we use every resources just to get clear the node , once we cleared we feel like we have finished the job , but it’s not going to end .... when we play like this ... every game company will follow the same strategy cause they know how we react when we lose our champs.

To conclude just go easy on every quest and play for fun, enjoy and stop using resources, you will grow but with slow pace ...once you sharpen your skills , your growth will pick up the pace but do not use any resources. Just a thought.
  • Not when parry isn't functioning and a.i block specials after combos
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I won't get the rewards but still gets in for practice, since it cost no energy.