**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Score Inflation?

According to this spreadsheet, total AQ scores are getting higher and higher each week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-GoGCQAsML_te_7qnISiblD2ag4Ax111wkPnxWB0JqU/pubhtml

In the week of 11/25-11/30, the cutoff to stay in Expert Tier was 80 mil...

Pretty disheartening for us as we are currently in between advanced and expert. Does anyone know what the reason is for this inflation?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    people increasing their prestige. fairly simple
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    people increasing their prestige. fairly simple

Exactly right! You need to figure out what the prestige to stay in expert is and shoot for achieving that.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Definitely not just prestige. You can't increase your AQ score by 30mil just by prestige.
    Maybe I'm not following. I don't see an increase of 30 mil.

However, everyone's prestige is always increasing.
    Everyone is looking for better rewards
    Can assume as prestige gets higher, want more rewards, way to do that is to do higher maps and rank higher.

More people pushing maps 5/6, while increasing prestige

Can assume as prestige gets higher, want more rewards, way to do that is to do higher maps and rank higher.

Just read the data. Cut offs for expert at the start of season 4 was only 40mil. It slowly crept up to 50mil over the next 3 months.

The last 3 months the scores have sky rocketed from 50mil to 80mil... A jump like that in only 3 months requires much more than just an increase in prestige.
    Ah, I thought you meant like week to week. My argument is not for one alliance, but rather a large group of alliances. Consolidating players, recruiting, building alliances, more map 6, more map 5. I didn't mean just starting prestige, but that can also play a part.

Side note, and I assume theres a correlation. It lines up perfectly with the announcement of 6*, and more basic releases of 5*
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Just wait and see what AQ scores do once Chapter 4 is released tomorrow.
    In the coming weeks the top ally's will start pulling away and it will trickle down week by week. Adding a R5 in the mix plus potentially more R4s will inflate aq scores a far bit I would assume. Not to mention there's just more ally's out there doing more and more map 6.
  • GoatseGoatse Posts: 61
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Just read the data. Cut offs for expert at the start of season 4 was only 40mil. It slowly crept up to 50mil over the next 3 months.

The last 3 months the scores have sky rocketed from 50mil to 80mil... A jump like that in only 3 months requires much more than just an increase in prestige.

That's what I'm curious about as well. This wasn't the free week of AQ right? What caused the huge jump?

No it doesn't. What if people are wanting better rewards so now more alliances are running full slates of map 5X5?
    5X5 for a 5000 prestige alliance:
    0gngype4duiy.png
    5X5 for a 4000 prestige alliance:
    gfy5phdd8o6h.png
    Now, to prove a point.
    4X5 for a 5000 prestige alliance:
    r54ybcoqkwlr.png
    4X5 for a 4000 prestige alliance:
    5h2ickjl2bm2.png

Can you see the differences in map 4 points versus map 5? I think you can begin to see it depends on what maps people are running. And I would bet that more and more alliances have shifted to running map 5.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    It is simply prestige. The amount of 4* and 5* shards acquired since this season of AQ have increased so prestige will increase because of this.
    edited December 2017
    0gngype4duiy.png
    gfy5phdd8o6h.png
    Now, to prove a point.
    r54ybcoqkwlr.png
    5h2ickjl2bm2.png

Can you see the differences in map 4 points versus map 5? I think you can begin to see it depends on what maps people are running. And I would bet that more and more alliances have shifted to running map 5.
    No it doesn't. What if people are wanting better rewards so now more alliances are running full slates of map 5X5?

LOL thank you for proving my point. It cannot be simply prestige. Alliances have started to include more and more map 5 to stay competitive.
    0gngype4duiy.png
    gfy5phdd8o6h.png
    Now, to prove a point.
    r54ybcoqkwlr.png
    5h2ickjl2bm2.png

LOL thank you for proving my point. It cannot be simply prestige. Alliances have started to include more and more map 5 to stay competitive.

Then your point was not clear and also misleading, but happy to be of assistance in proving that prestige and map choice do make a huge impact. Good day!
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    0gngype4duiy.png
    gfy5phdd8o6h.png
    Now, to prove a point.
    r54ybcoqkwlr.png
    5h2ickjl2bm2.png

Then your point was not clear and also misleading, but happy to be of assistance in proving that prestige and map choice do make a huge impact. Good day!

I agree but prestige difference in points between 4000 and 5000 like you provide is already 21 million. So, it could be prestige and map choice.
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

Actually, the jump appears larger in tabular form than it looks when you look at all of the data visually, because the spreadsheet is missing a significant number of weeks with no data collection:

nfxx396dr8o5.png

There was definitely a jump recently but it is unclear how much of an outlier those two weeks were relative to the overall trend.
  • GoatseGoatse Posts: 61
    @DNA3000 oh wow, looks a lot less out of the ordinary seeing it in the graph. thanks