**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Frustrated! Game restarts when multitasking on iOS 11.

So ever since the iOS 11 update, I’ve been experiencing a really annoying bug where the game restarts if I switch between background apps (line, youtube etc).

Prior to this iOS update, I’ve never experienced this problem and the game would run fine when checking line messages etc.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    This is entirely an Apple problem (same here alas..)
    Worst thing, it's completely random as well. It doesn't always do it. Nothing for Kabam to do there though. I don't see how they would be able to implement a fix for Apple's screwup on a 'feature'.
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    Its definitely not an Apple/iOS issue. Other apps do not do this. Only MCoC.
  • MikeBeasMikeBeas Posts: 28
    I see Pandora do this all the time. I get out of my car for 10 minutes and come back to find the app restarted and the song has changed. It’s an Apple issue.
  • Has anyone tried downgrading the iOS to see if the the issue goes away?

I suspected that it would be a bug that both developers might have missed somehow.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Definitely an apple issue. It tends to try to shut down anything in the background that may be using a lot of resources. MCOC of course is a resource heavy game. It would be nice if Apple added a feature that allowed certain apps to process in the background without an issue
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    It’s definitely not an Apple issue. Kabam needs to include an “new” feature from iOS 10. It’s called background app refresh!

Many other app devs have already included it so their apps do not restart after suspend.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

For me it’s definitely a Kabam problem!
  • BungSmugglerBungSmuggler Posts: 40
    It's definitely funny to see people start with "it's definitely"
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I HATE this, super annoying. Sometimes it does it after leaving just for a second or two smh
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    This occurred on my Galaxy Note 5 but not as often and drastically as my ally mates with iPhones. It rarely occurs on my Galaxy Note 8. Some teammates claimed that they'd go from the game to Line and try to go back to the game and it forced closed.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Since i updated to ios 11.2 it stopped doing this and works properly now
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    Maat1985 wrote: »

On what device do you play?
  • Maat1985 wrote: »

Bro, I wish I could say the same. Also running 11.2 and the problem doesn't go away. I think @RentonXD has a pretty good point with the background refresh patch idea.
  • MikeBeasMikeBeas Posts: 28
    RentonXD wrote: »
    It’s definitely not an Apple issue. Kabam needs to include an “new” feature from iOS 10. It’s called background app refresh!

Many other app devs have already included it so their apps do not restart after suspend.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

For me it’s definitely a Kabam problem!

That’s not what Background App Refresh is for, and besides, Apple controls when apps using BAR are able to refresh. BAR isn’t for keeping apps running in the background, just for downloading data in the background and then shutting down again.

What’s actually going on here appears to be stricter controls on how long certain apps are allowed to run in the background. The more resource-heavy, the shorter the time, in my experience. Apple needs to ease up on how often it automatically closes backgrounded apps.