**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Best way for a fairly new player to deal with MODOK?

So I just did Heroic MODOK Hotel. It is super easy but then all of a sudden you hit the final MODOK who is at least 4x harder then any other fight. I had to revive one of my chars twice and use up all the rest of my top chars too (sucks as I ran out of revives and had to waste 40 units to revive one last time when he was at 4% health).

So is there any good counters for this guy? Please spare me the "git gud" garbage... I am still fairly new (also I am fairly good at parry and dex now... but MODOK is almost impossible to parry for whatever reason and his playstyle is hard to deal with). Thanks!

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Someone who reduces ability accuracy (e.g., AA, BW, CB).
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    I had some luck with bw
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Thanks for the replies ;)

Sadly I do not have her in 3* or 4* yet. Again I am fairly new. Sucks when you need to own a certain champ to deal with a boss that is harder then it should be in its given difficulty (or the other fights are far easier then they should be... or both :D ).

Any other strategies other then a certain champ?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Parry and (three or) four hit combos. M-L-L-L and back off. If you finish a combo with a medium attack and he blocks it, you will get wrecked.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    chev327fox wrote: »

Sadly I do not have her in 3* or 4* yet. Again I am fairly new. Sucks when you need to own a certain champ to deal with a boss that is harder then it should be in its given difficulty (or the other fights are far easier then they should be... or both :D ).

Bring in somebody that can stun might help
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »

Thor can be useful too if you have him, also someone said above, Parry and a 2-4hit combo.

Sometimes his autoblock shield is red... continue to hit as it will drop and you can end the combo striking him.

Not when it's blue though.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    I just used hawkeye on master modok, parry heavy and when you build up the l1 throw that for bleed, and power drain so he gets less specials over the course of the fight worked really well for me honestly the best fight I had against him so far
    edited December 2017
    I am lucky to Parry him once per match when I can almost always parry other champs.

As for Hawkeye... I have a 3* but not leveled enough yet (same with Thor and Jane Foster). I also have a 4* agent Venom that he rolled... again I just cannot seem to Parry him consistently. I am scared ot even try to start 100%ing Heroic as I feel just that one Modok will keep me from it.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    well you still have 3 weeks to get through those things and level up champs you need to. honestly sounds like you need to work on your parry timing on him which ill be honest is difficult I seem to have the most success parrying when he charges me instead of being up close. my recommendation would be to do his chapter first and then work backwards so you don't waste effort on the earlier parts and then cant beat him. also do some arena for units to prepare to get some extra revives
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    the 3 hit(sometimes 4) combo is the safest way to avoid the auto block. Bait that SP1. It can be a long fight but you get the job done that way. Also start with your worst team member in the fight and work your way up through your team.
    edited December 2017
    whaler213 wrote: »
    well you still have 3 weeks to get through those things and level up champs you need to. honestly sounds like you need to work on your parry timing on him which ill be honest is difficult I seem to have the most success parrying when he charges me instead of being up close. my recommendation would be to do his chapter first and then work backwards so you don't waste effort on the earlier parts and then cant beat him. also do some arena for units to prepare to get some extra revives

Yeah that might help. I need to level my new 4* Quake today to at least 3/30. That will hep as I still have one 3* (awakened Dr.Voodoo which is very good obviously) and a 4* Gambit that is only at 2/10 right now.

the 3 hit(sometimes 4) combo is the safest way to avoid the auto block. Bait that SP1. It can be a long fight but you get the job done that way. Also start with your worst team member in the fight and work your way up through your team.

That is a good strategy (not sure why some jerk flagged your post). That and me leveling my roster over the coming weeks should be just enough.

Funny thing is i get to MODOK with my full roster 90% or no dmg across the board... this should show how bad Modok is balanced IMO.
  • Talking about master mode, every time I was finishing him with AA
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Well, the first thing in dealing with most difficult bosses is to learn how to intercept well. Modok in particular is quite a clunky character so parry timings can be off like you said so intercepting will give a easier time using any champion. You want to use 4 combos only when fighting him so he can't block then immediately hit you. Any ability accuracy reduction champion will also make him considerably easier
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    edited December 2017
    Hyperion works well if you have him. Parry heavy, parry heavy, l2 rinse and repeat as nessesary. I’ve only completed uncollected difficulty so far.
  • GP