**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RDTs, NOT what you think

Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Im sure we are all sick and tired of the constant threads for RDTs, where the OP makes ever wilder claims to try and show they should get RDTs. I would imagine that Kabam is nearly at the end of their tether as well with this. To stop these constant threads I think Kabam should give these out. BUT only specific RDTs for the champs people complain about. One, this would stop them in their tracks, and secondly lets see how many of them will rank down GP for example

Lets vote

RDTs, NOT what you think 29 votes

Kabam SHOULD issue champion specific RDTs to make people happy! So just a RDT for GP for example
20%
ShadowNetArmaganon00SignumCheeseontoast1RasiloverAwroender 6 votes
Kabam should never issue a RDT again, ever, like never ever
34%
Gimli_SoGmutamattThe_OneRaganatormum_m2Dave_the_destroyerBUZZdog3000SjanddsMr_mc_person34Danny_ 10 votes
Kabam should just issue lots of RDTs so the game gets wrecked (search the forums for the many reasons this would happen) but at least people would be happy
6%
KevinFF1961PeterQuill 2 votes
Kabam should sell RDTs, but to stop people using resources over and over which would cost Kabam money (they are a business people) the cost should be very high, say £200 each for example
3%
SuckTheLemon 1 vote
Kabam should find a time-machine, go back to the first RDT idea and fire that person who thought them up
24%
JP1119Random_NoobRotellyKestrelleimnooneweapon_xtreme83taojay1 7 votes
I actually like all the RDT threads, long may they contine
10%
BigbadromoJFerg114MH2804 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    kabam should just make a sticky thread regarding their official position on RDTs and lock it.

people don't search for an answer. i've seen threads last month saying that they don't want to hear the community voice, and will only listen to an official kabam statement about them. kabam is doing themselves no favors by not making a thread and sticky-ing it.
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Kabam never should have released RDTs in the first place. I made a post during the whole 12.0 debacle where although I was completely grateful for and loved having the RDTs that they were too easy to take advantage of and that with any misstep along the way, no matter how big or how small, there would be a portion of the community incessantly claiming for them.

Called it.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    I think that many (especially the Gwenpool folks) are unaware that if they did issue a RDT, that it would likely be character-specific. (and most of them would never rank-down their Gwenpool...they are trying to leverage her situation into getting a RDT that they would use for another champ)
  • Options
    @Qwerty but people wouldnt even read that mate. You are correct, they dont search at all, so they wont read stickies either. Nice if they did though
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Kabam never should have released RDTs in the first place. I made a post during the whole 12.0 debacle where although I was completely grateful for and loved having the RDTs that they were too easy to take advantage of and that with any misstep along the way, no matter how big or how small, there would be a portion of the community incessantly claiming for them.

Called it.

disagree, they were right to release RDTs for such major nerfs in 12.0. especially because at that time t4ccs were much harder to come by.

that being said, the incessant requests for them is just a consequence, and like i posted above, kabam is doing themselves no favors by making their official, and in my opinion the right, stance stickied and locked for everybody to see.
  • Options
    @Solswerd exactly mate! So specific ones issued may actually be quite fun! Imagine the forums that day, would be great
  • Options
    SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    Kabam has already cleared tht they are not goingbto give rank down tickets they issued earlier bcoz they nerfed god tier champs like sw( pretty huge nerf) . New nerf are not tht huge like tht of gp and mordo they are awesome even being nerfed.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    @Solswerd exactly mate! So specific ones issued may actually be quite fun! Imagine the forums that day, would be great

Lol...agree with you 100% on that..,it would be fun to watch :)
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Qwerty wrote: »

Called it.

disagree, they were right to release RDTs for such major nerfs in 12.0. especially because at that time t4ccs were much harder to come by.

that being said, the incessant requests for them is just a consequence, and like i posted above, kabam is doing themselves no favors by making their official, and in my opinion the right, stance stickied and locked for everybody to see.

I hear you. And again, I loved and took advantage of my rank down tickets when I became happy with my team and would then just rank down/rank back up during level up events to get the rewards. It was awesome.

That said, I'm sure there are people far smarter than me out there that could have figured out something other than RDTs when it came to curtailing all the 12.0 nonsense. It just seemed like a big giant Pandoras Box that once they opened we were now living in a world of RDTs and we could never go back to the time before. That's just what I mean by "never should have released."
  • Options
    SignumSignum Posts: 133
    edited December 2017
    Kabam SHOULD issue champion specific RDTs to make people happy! So just a RDT for GP for example
    Any time there is a major overhaul in content, there should be some way to recoup for the changes. For example, war , diversity has now taken a back seat. While I don't think they should issue 10 rank down tickets per tier, they should give out a few. I can think of a few guys that took one for the team in my alliance and ranked up diverse defenders they would not normally rank up like abomination. At the time, in that situation it was a good investment, but now not so much. Essentially these players are being held back in a way because they could have spent the resources on some other champion. Do I think Rank down tickets are some form of compensation everytime there's an issue? No. I do feel though, that when there is a major change in the dynamic of the game, there should be some way to be made whole again.
  • Options
    @Qwerty but people wouldnt even read that mate. You are correct, they dont search at all, so they wont read stickies either. Nice if they did though

while you're right, people don't read, at least there's a point of reference.

in the end, all RDT threads could be answered by a link to the sticky, and it would be done with. eventually those who continue to frequent the forum requesting RDTs would see the sticky and know exactly where kabam stands on it. i.e. of the pool of people who request RDTs, more people will see the sticky than new people being added to that pool.
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    There just going to delete the post, because holding Kabam accountable is not allowed.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »

Called it.

I hear you. And again, I loved and took advantage of my rank down tickets when I became happy with my team and would then just rank down/rank back up during level up events to get the rewards. It was awesome.

That said, I'm sure there are people far smarter than me out there that could have figured out something other than RDTs when it came to curtailing all the 12.0 nonsense. It just seemed like a big giant Pandoras Box that once they opened we were now living in a world of RDTs and we could never go back to the time before. That's just what I mean by "never should have released."

i understand what you mean, but i think opening that pandora's box was a necessary evil to right an even bigger evil that was the 12.0 nerfs.

kabam can minimize the fall out of opening pandora's box by making an official announcement and stickying it, and letting the community point to it every time somebody requests them.